Capco

78 candidate interviews

Associate Interview

Associate
New York, NY

I interviewed at Capco in May 2012.

Interview Details – First round began with 12 of us in a room for introductions. We then split off into 3 separate interviews where we were asked about resumes, experience, and questions like, "tell me about something interested that not many other people know about." I was invited back for a second round with the team I would be working with, but didn't make the cut. Second interview consisted of being grilled on tiny details in resume and asking for extra detail each time.

Interview Question – "Why" in relations to most of my answers in the second interview caught my offguard   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Capco in April 2013.

Interview Details – With enough posts on the 3-course breakdown of the interview itself, I will dwell on other aspects of the Associate Assessment I attended in London.

The Associate Program is also ideal for career changers. So do not hesitate in stating your past experience. Do however state your keen interest in the field of finance (& maybe technology too). An Associate from an earlier program was a PhD in Physics.

After the assessment was completed. You are encouraged to ask questions. Do make the most of it. As the consultants are constantly judging you, even in the breaks on how you interact with otherwise in the room, which include a bunch of consultants and the other candidates.

The consultants certainly try to portray a very positive, young, energetic and vibrant image of the company. Capco, from what the consultants said, has achieved phenomenal success, beaten targets time & again.

It is admirable that the entire assessment is arranged and conducted by the consultants, and not by the Human Resource personnel, which is typical of most companies.

As consultant explained that she had extended periods of working from a client location abroad, and each consultant has to be willing to put a commitment of being away from home (or base office).

It is likely that at the end of assessment, they may choose only 2/3 candidates out of 20 odd.

If you are not selected, you will receive a call with a Consultant or an HR personnel giving you detailed feedback on where you excelled and where you faltered. This gesture is much appreciated.

Interview Question – In the quick-fire interviews, I was asked:
-Your favourite book and why
-The most important issue facing financial markets/Capco clients right now
-The most important issue that a retail bank may be currently facing
-How many people in a tube at peak hour
-3 words to describe yourself
-Why this tie today
-What are you passionate about, outside of work
-In a fight between a lion and a tiger, who would win & why?
-Who is the CEO of Capco UK
  Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Capco in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied to Capco through their online process. I submitted my application and heard Capco inviting me to an assessment center. The office is extremely bright and white (pretty cool to be honest) there was roughly 40 people at the assessment center with various backgrounds. the asessment was split into three parts.

1) Quick Fire Interview - FUN!
2) Psychometric Testing
3) Group work and presentation

I left feeling extremely excited about this company! over 20 employees stayed behind to facilitate the workshop and I got a chance to speak to a couple of people off the record.

Once the assessment center was over I received confirmation the next business day that I passed and I was given the opportunity to interview the very next day - I was nervous but accepted the interview!

The Final interview was with:

1) HR coordinator - Very conversational extremely friendly explained the benefits and talked about my competencies.

2) Firm Partner - Competency question and Case Study Role play (I never understood the case study question - however all you have to do is think logically)

Two days later

I was offer the job!

Interview Question – How many stickers in this box 'interviewer pointed to the box on the table)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Competitive package - non negotiable! Above industry standard for a tier 2 consultancy firm.

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capco in March 2014.

Interview Details – So the first part of the process is an online application with a short video interview basic questions; how would you describe yourself? what changes do you see happening in Banking in the next few years?

Second part is an assessment day:

Fairly standard people split in groups then process is as follows;
1. Quick fire interview rounds, questions aren't aimed to catch you out more so to see how you react and answer in pressure situations. Questions vary from why would you be a good consultant to what is a recent book you have read and how was it.

the hard questions are; why shouldn't we hire you? what big changes do see happening in the financial services industry? why would you be a good consultant?

best to stay relaxed in this situation it is more of a way for them to gauge the type of person you are and how confident you are in having a conversation etc.

2. there is then a short aptitude test mix of maths, logical thinking and verbal fairly straight-forward you won't need a calculator for the maths and the verbal is more so you looking for mistakes in a document so attention to key details spelling mistakes etc.

3. Group case study - they split you in groups at the start then that is the group you do a mini presentation with again this is a focus on how you work in a team, communicate and understand a document also they are looking to see how you can articulate as well.

for the most part they want you to be yourself there is plenty of opportunity to talk to other employees without feeling like it's part of the process it's quite informal with them and they want to give you as much information as possible. Advice: Stay calm, relaxed and ask questions when given the opportunity. Also in group exercises look to communicate and add input do not just sit and listen and let others take over.

Third stage:
Longer interview process with three different people one of whom is a partner -

Here there is a greater focus on your CV your past experiences and challenges you have over come etc.

asked a lot of questions as to why Capco and why consultancy? but also be prepared to have an understanding of current issues and changes in financial services as there are questions asked on this and what do you think the scope for the future is etc?

lots of competency questions like a time you were challenged? a time you failed? etc

Finally last part of the process is a written document they want you to write a response to two questions a basic check of your structured writing, spelling and punctuation.

Interview Question – Why Shouldn't we hire you?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Capco.

Interview Details – 3 interviews - one with HR, one with a Managing Principle on a case study and the final one with a Partner

Negotiation Details – Negotiations done through the agency

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Capco in February 2012.

Interview Details – The whole process was extremely straightforward, beginning from the initial call from a 3rd party recruitment agency to the time I reached their office for the interview.
I was among the first to reach, hence had my first round of technical discussion within 10 minutes.
The interviewer was calm and relaxed, and asked various questions ranging from low to high difficulty.
The whole interview went smooth, which can also be attributed to the fact that the interviewer was a genuine and nice person, who later turned out to be my team lead. It has been an excellent experience working under him since I joined the organization.

Interview Questions

• What according to you is the best strategy of mocking various entities during Unit Testing?   Answer Question
  • How do you define Dependency Injection to a person who is new to the concept in an as easy manner as possible?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was as easy as it can get. I got what I asked for. No fuss around money.
They even offer buyout for the notice period in your previous organization.
But as of today they have brought down their salary levels a little bit lower than what they used to give 1 year ago.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Capco in February 2012.

Interview Details – The whole process was fast paced and well organized. It seemed they knew what they wanted and what qualities to look for in a candidate.
First day consisted of three rounds: Technical Interview, F2F with Manager, HR Interview.
Second day had only one telephonic round with the client, which on clearing I was offered a role in the company.

Interview Question – What do you understand by Dependency Injection?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The company is quite open on the salary negotiations. They don't argue much. They also offer buyout of the notice period if any.

Developer Interview

Developer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Capco in March 2014.

Interview Details – It was fine interviewing with capco.First staffing agency took 4 rounds and they allowded us to have the further rounds in capco.while reching there we all have to phase the Grouo Discussion and after that one Pure technical round where they i have asked to explain my project and to write some of the queries to fetch data frin the two tables using joins and sub-query.Then finally they asked collection topic in java and after that there was one more Hr round the cEO of capco took a final round about the intro and extempo.

Interview Question – CREATE THE THREAD POOL   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I DoNt KNoW AS I WENT THROUGH A STAFF CONSULTING BUT THEY ARE OFFEREING A NICE PACKAGE>
THANKS

Principal Consultant Interview

Principal Consultant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Capco.

Interview Details – 5 step process that consisted of initial phone assessment with recruiter, 30 minute quantitative/brain teaser interview, 30 minutes behavioral fit, and final on-site interview with 4 people. It was very structured and comprehensive.

Interview Question – Name the time you had to break the rules to get something done   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Open to negotiation, but need to have awareness of market and value to the firm.

Associate Talent Program (ATP) Interview

Associate Talent Program (ATP)
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Capco in September 2011.

Interview Details – First two interviews were phone screens where you speak with two different Capco employees. Very simple. Just walk them through your resume and sell yourself.

Third interview was three - thirty minute interviews with different employees in their office. 10 candidates rotate between different people during interviews.

Fourth round was Super Day. Final 25 candidates narrowed down to 10. Put in teams with other candidates for multiple case studies that you have to solve and present together. Also have "Quick Fire" round where you have 5 - five minute, individual interviews with different Capco employees.

Interview Questions

• If you could be an animal, what would you be and why?   Answer Question
  • Working with people you have never met before on case studies and having to present them was much more difficult than any other the questions I was asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Just sent an offer letter. Accept it.

Worked for Capco? Contribute to the Community!