Capco

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Interview

Associate
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Capco in March 2013.

Interview Details – 3 rounds, including one with HR.

First round was typical HR interview... walk me through your resume.
Second round consisted of 4 interviews with senior level consultants. Again not many techncical questions. Mostly all fit.
Third Round was in group case study format. Brief writing exercise. Group presentation.

Interview Question – What is consulting? Why Capco?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Program Interview

Summer Associate Program

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Capco in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through my school's careers website and received an on-campus interview. The questions were mostly about my resume and experience, as well as several behavioral questions - Tell me about a time you had to deal with ambiguity. Tell me about a time you led a time. Pretty much all of the questions were pretty standard.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Capco in December 2012.

Interview Details – friend refer followed by phone interview, one week later on site superday with 4 round back to back interview with partners. got offer the next day

Interview Question – fairly simple, just let me work through my resume and ask relevant questions around my previous work/ project.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – standard package for associate level

Associate Talent Program Interview

Associate Talent Program
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Capco in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through my college. The first interview was pretty funny - no questions about finance or my skillset at all. It was basically a conversation with the recruiter. The second round interviews were 4 back to back interviews with various analysts/consultants in the firm. Typical questions like what have you read in the news lately, describe financial crisis basically things that you should have read up on.
Overall, the process was pretty straightforward, everyone was nice. communications were fast.

Interview Question – Explain a difficult economic concept in a high level manner   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Plano, TX

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Capco in September 2012.

Interview Details – The company is looking for people but getting on can be difficult just because they drag their feet. I had to call them a couple of times to get my interview scheduled. I think it is just because everyone is really busy. My interview was in person but since there offices are only in New York, Chicago and California that your interview may only be by phone. Fresh out of college can be required to be on-site in one of the three offices. Experienced staff will work remotely. Expect travel, every other week.

Interview Question – I don't recall a difficult question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There are a few groups at Capco where most is Financial. The technology group that I joined has a few basic titles in that group. Consultant, Senior Consultant, Managing Principal are common.. My rate was set in the middle for my title so there wasn't a lot of negotiation. Review the rates on GlassDoor so you can decide for your self if you should be on the higher range of the band for the title they offer you.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Capco.

Interview Details – Phone Interview with HR
2 Rounds of Technical Interview
1 Round of Job-Fit Interview

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Associate Talent Program Interview

Associate Talent Program
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Capco in February 2013.

Interview Details – I went through two rounds of interview. First round is a telephone interview. The Hr lady who conducted interview rescheduled it several times. In fact twice she did it a minute before the interview was supposed to take place. The second round of interview was in the office. I had four interviewer back to back. Two were from HR and other two were consultants. The questions asked were mostly behavioral. The interviewers were great however they seemed unprepared as they hadn't even skim through my resume before interviewing me.

We were told that we would be given the contact information of the interviewer at the end of the day. However she forgot to do so and when i emailed her about it she sent me the email id of some other employee who hadn't conducted my interview! We were also told that the third round of interview would be conducted two months down the line!

Overall, I found the whole process to be extremely unprofessional and haphazard. Considering the emphasis they claim to place on meritocracy, I guess they skip that when it comes to HR employees.

Interview Question – How do you handle a conflict within a team?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Capco.

Interview Details – HR reached out to me about a interview day they were having. Capco has been having these superdays alot lately. Literally 3 a week since December 2012.

Initial, convo with HR was going thru the resume. Pretty much wanted to make sure you can communicate verbally.

At the interview day, I met with 4 people - a mix of managers, senior consultants and principals. There was no case study, but I think that was only because I carried myself as a consultant; being confident, not cocky and speaking the lingo. Went thru my resume with each one and highlighted PROJECT MANAGEMENT related skills. Make sure to highlight these especially if you dont have experience within consulting before.

Since they are hiring like crazy, I got a call back a few days later with an offer.

Push to be apart of the CAP program training. Its good experience for those w/o consulting exp.

Interview Question – Describe a project that you managed? (given I did not have consulting experience)   Answer Question

Capco Associate Program Interview

Capco Associate Program

Interviewed at Capco

Interview Details – apply online. contacted with a terrible HR. she forgot to reach out to me twice. she is really very impatient. I am senior student. she asks me some silly questions: what's your plan after your graduate; do you apply for your OPT? (I am an international student, I explain to her that I can only apply for OPT three month before I start to work, I did not have job offers currently, therefore, I did not apply..) Maybe she is really very busy and did not left any time for me to ask questions—the worst HR I've ever known....

Interview Question – easy ,all   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Capco.

Interview Details – The phone interview was all behavioral. Last no more than 30 minutes.

Interview Question – What's the difference between strategic consulting and managing consultant   Answer Question