Capco

63 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Capco Associate Program Interview

Interviewed at Capco

Interview Details – apply online. contacted with a terrible HR. she forgot to reach out to me twice. she is really very impatient. I am senior student. she asks me some silly questions: what's your plan after your graduate; do you apply for your OPT? (I am an international student, I explain to her that I can only apply for OPT three month before I start to work, I did not have job offers currently, therefore, I did not apply..) Maybe she is really very busy and did not left any time for me to ask questions—the worst HR I've ever known....

Interview Question – easy ,all   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Capco.

Interview Details – The phone interview was all behavioral. Last no more than 30 minutes.

Interview Question – What's the difference between strategic consulting and managing consultant   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capco in January 2013.

Interview Details – Interview day - multiple candidates meet with three to four interviewers for about 1/2 hour each. The process in theory was efficient. In practice it was not. All but one were not very good at candidate interviewing. I found this dissapointing. Was called in for another round at later date. Much of the same followed. The office looks as if they could pack up and disappear in the middle of the night.

Interview Question – no difficult questions   Answer Question

Associate Talent Program (ATP) Interview

New York, NY

Interview Details – There are two rounds of interview, first one is via telephone the second one is on-site interview at company's office in new york city. The telephone interview is 100% behavior interview, the HR kept asking me what I do in my current job. Also they asked something like why do you want to work for Capco, how do you know about this program, why are you interested in finance. The hr seemed to be very inpatient

Interview Question – No, pretty easy   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Capco in August 2009.

Interview Details – Round robin interview process without HR screen beforehand. Received quick feedback and offer letter.

Interview Question – Nothing in particular. Due to round robin format, many questions regarding past experience in very fast format.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They made offer and would NOT negotiate at all. They were in a major hiring mode and bringing on a large people in terms of percentage of existing employee count. They were more concerned with the value (salary vs client charge rates) then quality of talent so negotiating was pretty much off.

Very Easy Interview

Associate Talent Program (ATP) At Capco Interview

Washington, DC

I applied online and interviewed at Capco.

Interview Details – I applied online and I was contacted by a recruiter. I had a phone interview with the recruiter. The recruiter was in a rush and said she had more people to interview. I felt rushed. The questions she asked were trivial. What is consulting? What is project management? She kept on asking asked if I had any questions.... When I asked her in depth job description questions she was not able to articulate and answer. Based on my phone interview I would have not accepted any offer.

Interview Question – What is consulting? What is project management? -- Silly questions   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Capco in May 2012.

Interview Details – Called me in for an interview day - it consisted of a phone review by the lead HR recruiter and a whole morning of interviews. I met with at least 5 different Principal consultants, and was asked many questions about my current work, ability to work with others, etc. No technical questions at all whatsoever, and when I posed some myself I felt that I didn't get a satisfactory answer myself.

Interview Question – How do you think you would work in a group that has people with different opinions   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Capco.

Interview Details – Interviewed for a spot in Capco's Associate Talent Program. Had a phone interview with a HR rep (100% behavioral), then a phone interview with a more senior consultant (mostly behavioral), followed by a face-to-face interview consisting of three interviews (with consultant, senior consultant, and partner), with the final step being a half day "assessment center". The assessment day consisted of a rapid-fire question and answer session with several employees of differing levels, a written case exercise, and a group presentation exercise. All in all, the interview process was lengthy and thorough but pretty laid-back in reflection of the firm's culture overall.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Capco in March 2012.

Interview Details – The HR Manager found my resume on LinkedIn and contacted me. I interviewed the next day and got an offer the following morning.

Interview Question – If I were to put you in charge of an XYZ project in your first week would you be able to lead it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was little flexibility in negotiating.

Associate Talent Program (ATP) Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Capco in September 2011.

Interview Details – First two interviews were phone screens where you speak with two different Capco employees. Very simple. Just walk them through your resume and sell yourself.

Third interview was three - thirty minute interviews with different employees in their office. 10 candidates rotate between different people during interviews.

Fourth round was Super Day. Final 25 candidates narrowed down to 10. Put in teams with other candidates for multiple case studies that you have to solve and present together. Also have "Quick Fire" round where you have 5 - five minute, individual interviews with different Capco employees.

Interview Questions

• If you could be an animal, what would you be and why?   Answer Question
  • Working with people you have never met before on case studies and having to present them was much more difficult than any other the questions I was asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Just sent an offer letter. Accept it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Capco