Capco Interview Questions in London, England

Updated Jun 2, 2015

Associate Talent Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capco (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Began by applying online and answering some questions along with submitting my CV/Cover letter.

Heard back within a week asking me to complete a video interview. Once this was completed, I was invited to an assessment centre. The day after the AC, I heard back from them asking me to attend a final interview the week after.

I then heard back from them again within a day or two with a job offer.

Overall pleasant experience, friendly interviewers, just be yourself and you should be fine. Noone is trying to 'catch you out' or anything like that.

I prepared more than I've ever prepared before, I had an A4 pad of paper almost half full of research and practice questions, so I found the whole process slightly above average in difficulty. Without preparation I would have definitely failed.

Managing Principal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capco (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

4 interviews over 2 rounds. 1st Round included 3 Interviews. a) Human Resources b) Managing Principal c) Case Study presentation for which you are given a topic and 15 minutes to prepare a presentation.
    2nd Round included the preparation of a presentation on a given topic, a week ahead of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What will make you successful where others have not been?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Capco (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

3 stage interview (Case study, HR, Senior Principal Consultant) with the usual questions. Senior Principal Consultant gave the impression that he did not want to be there and went through the questions with very little interest. The lady from HR was much better suited for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years, why Capco etc.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Capco (London, England (UK)).

Interview

At the first round of interview, I was introduced to a HR, the HR is a very nice lady who makes you feel so comfortable and clam. I talked so freely which I actually received a phone call after a few days for a second round interview.
    I wish the second round interview can be conducted very smoothly since I really want this job.

Interview Questions

• Basically behavioural question, like why do you want to work at capco, and talk about your internship experiences, your current job nature and responsibility! Nothing to specific!   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Capco (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Initial phone screening. 3 round interview process: HR, Staffing, Business each lasting approximately 45 minutes. The final staffing session contained a project initiation.

Response time and communication was poor and this impression, of a lack of organisation coupled with other poor reviews, contributed to my rejection of their offer.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions with a focus on stakeholder management techniques/experience   Answer Question

Associate Talent Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Capco (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

1st round: Application form with questions such as ' How do you see the future of financial services progressing'
    2nd round: Numerical, verbal, personality tests online
    3rd round: 3 Question via Video Interview: Describe a time a miss communication caused a problem in your work and how did you resolve it? What are the opportunities for FS going forward? Can't remember the last Question.
    4th Round: Assessment Day at Capco office,s 20 or so people, were told they would pick circa 5/6 for the job. The day involved 3 parts: Written tests, verbal and numerical reasoning. Q & A with two consultants, really helpful to be able to find more out about the company. Quick fire interviews with 3 consultants: Questions about your back round, 'tell me about yourself', 'why consultancy' 'why Capco' ' Where's your favourite place you've lived' 'What do you like to do outside work'
    Final round: 3 interviews- 1 HR, included competency based questions and CV questions. 1 with a Senior Consultant- Asked about me and my experience, why Capco, why consulting, why finance when this isn't my back ground etc. Then a 3rd interview with a partner, similar questions, more of a conversation about my interest in F.S, testing my knowledge of it but not directly, pretty general questions to get to know you.
    1 week later they rang me and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Why Capco? Why Consultancy? Why your degree? Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They called and ask was I still happy to go ahead with it

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Capco (London, England (UK)).

Interview

It was a lengthy process with many different rounds of assessment. This included: numeracy test, spelling and grammar test, several quick fire interviews, case study, group exercise, extended interview, and presentation to one of Capco's Partners. These tasks were split between an assessment center and final interview on two separate days.

Capco Associate Talent Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Interview

First there was an online interview. Easy questions about your skills and about the role of a consultant. That was followed by an assessment centre. It contained a written test, a group case and mini interviews. The day was very well organised and laid back.

Associate Talent Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capco (London, England (UK)) in August 2014.

Interview

Online application with the following questions: What is your reason for applying to Capco? , What attracts you to the field of consulting? , In the current Financial Services climate, what do you think Capco should be concentrating on?

I was consequently invited to a video interview. I was informed the following day that I had passed the interview stage and had been invited to an AC for the following day, unfortunately I was unable to attend. I emailed HR to inform them that I was away and that I would return to London within a week. However, after a week of numerous unanswered calls on Capco's behalf, I was informed that all places on the scheme had been filled and that I should reapply for next years' intake.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the future in the Financial Service?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Capco (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Five stage process. Made it through the initial phone interview with HR rep, then invited for two back to back interviews with a consultant and a PM first, followed by another HR rep. Unfortunately didn't make it through to the next round which is apparently another two interviews with HR rep and then Business Partner. I stumbled on one question that involved in depth knowledge of trading which I unfortunately do not have but do not feel that this was really an issue or the reason I didn't get progressed as it is a management consultancy and I was applying for the general area of capital markets which I have worked in for a number of years in several large financial institutions and therefore have enough knowledge to apply towards several specialisms within this area. The consultant struck me immediately as if he was not interested in the interviewing process at all and had a typical financial professional persona of a BS artist at its finest. Basically talks a lot but nothing to back it up and then did not take at all to having basic interviewee questions asked his way which he then stumbled on more than I did on a technical question.

Interview Questions

• What new ideas and/or innovations can you bring to the company?   Answer Question