Capco Interview Questions in New York City, NY

2.7

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Principal Consultant - Digital Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Capco.

I met with four people as part of my interview process including an HR Hiring Manager and representatives from digital, banking and tech.
    At my level there was no aptitude test or the kind of case studies that you find at similar organizations such as McKinsey, Deloitte, BCG which was refreshing.

Interview Questions
    • The interview question felt less like a set of exam questions intended to catch me out and more like an open and honest discussion of values, intent, experience and expectations   Answer Question

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capco.

5 step process that consisted of initial phone assessment with recruiter, 30 minute quantitative/brain teaser interview, 30 minutes behavioral fit, and final on-site interview with 4 people. It was very structured and comprehensive.

Interview Questions
    • Name the time you had to break the rules to get something done   View Answer
    Open to negotiation, but need to have awareness of market and value to the firm.

Project Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Capco in June 2014.

I applied on line. The HR department called and asked me a number of questions then invited me for an inhouse interview 'event'. When I told them I could not make it that Thursday evening they scheduled 3 phone interviews. They contacted because the phone interviews went well and asked me to come to their NYC offices on a Thursday evening for three additional in person interviews.

I was offered a 1099 position, but apparently they did not have the contract yet so nothing came of it.

Interview Questions
    • Interviews were conversational and did not ask any difficult questions   Answer Question

Training Associate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Capco in May 2014.

There were three rounds of interviews, the first was just a screening, the second was a skype interview where they vetted my background, and the third was a "super day" which we were given case studies.

Interview Questions
    • If the pen in mightier than the sword, whats the pencil?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capco.

Several interviews with key senior management

Didn't care for business model

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Capco in December 2013.

I did a phone screen with a recruiter in Florida who scheduled me for a mass consulting interview night. I was then contacted, a day or two later, by a recruiter in the NY office who rescheduled me for one on one interviews instead. The one on ones were with 2 principal consultants who were handling a specific account that had projects that were ramping up. The focus seemed to be on this specific client since they had a portfolio of projects with them that would need bodies thrown at it.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. The interviews were behavioral and were related to my previous consulting experiences.   Answer Question
    They gave me a verbal offer over the phone 2 days after the interview. The offer was lower than expected so I presented a counter. They met me half way (which I expected they would do) and I accepted. I still would have liked more money, but then again who doesn't.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Capco in December 2013.

I interviewed on campus in the first round with two of the consultants. I passed the first round so they flew me up to New York for the final round interview. I was offered a position the next day.

Interview Questions
    The negotiation process took about a month.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Capco.

I was contacted by HR via email. I went to the "ATP interview night". I talked to 4 different consultants. Most of the questions were very general like why do you want to work here, why management consulting, walk me through your resume, etc...

Interview Questions
    • How would you find the weight of an elephant without a scale?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Capco.

HR reached out to me about a interview day they were having. Capco has been having these superdays alot lately. Literally 3 a week since December 2012.

Initial, convo with HR was going thru the resume. Pretty much wanted to make sure you can communicate verbally.

At the interview day, I met with 4 people - a mix of managers, senior consultants and principals. There was no case study, but I think that was only because I carried myself as a consultant; being confident, not cocky and speaking the lingo. Went thru my resume with each one and highlighted PROJECT MANAGEMENT related skills. Make sure to highlight these especially if you dont have experience within consulting before.

Since they are hiring like crazy, I got a call back a few days later with an offer.

Push to be apart of the CAP program training. Its good experience for those w/o consulting exp.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a project that you managed? (given I did not have consulting experience)   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Capco in March 2013.

3 rounds, including one with HR.

First round was typical HR interview... walk me through your resume.
    Second round consisted of 4 interviews with senior level consultants. Again not many techncical questions. Mostly all fit.
    Third Round was in group case study format. Brief writing exercise. Group presentation.