Capco

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Management Consultant Interview

Project Management Consultant
New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Capco in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied on line. The HR department called and asked me a number of questions then invited me for an inhouse interview 'event'. When I told them I could not make it that Thursday evening they scheduled 3 phone interviews. They contacted because the phone interviews went well and asked me to come to their NYC offices on a Thursday evening for three additional in person interviews.

I was offered a 1099 position, but apparently they did not have the contract yet so nothing came of it.

Interview Question – Interviews were conversational and did not ask any difficult questions   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Capco in January 2013.

Interview Details – Generally speaking your first call will be a 'smell test' with recruiting and then you may be brought in to meet with 2-3 individuals at at least the Senior Consultant level. The questions and process is fairly standard and straight-forward.

Prepare yourself with the interview basics- have your resume on hand, do your research about the company, and know what you are looking for in your next role. The questions are basic "describe team experiences, win/losses, strengths/weaknesses, etc'.

Each round will be 30 minutes or so. Younger candidates will most likely require a "Super day" of sorts that involves group interviews and tasks. Don't be a jerk and you'll be fine.

Interview Question – Unless the interviewer is going off-script or you're being examined for a very specific role, there shouldn't be any surprises in the process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is a little flex in salary band.

Principal Consultant Interview

Principal Consultant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Capco.

Interview Details – 5 step process that consisted of initial phone assessment with recruiter, 30 minute quantitative/brain teaser interview, 30 minutes behavioral fit, and final on-site interview with 4 people. It was very structured and comprehensive.

Interview Question – Name the time you had to break the rules to get something done   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Open to negotiation, but need to have awareness of market and value to the firm.

Training Associate Program Interview

Training Associate Program
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Capco in May 2014.

Interview Details – There were three rounds of interviews, the first was just a screening, the second was a skype interview where they vetted my background, and the third was a "super day" which we were given case studies.

Interview Question – If the pen in mightier than the sword, whats the pencil?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Capco in December 2013.

Interview Details – I interviewed on campus in the first round with two of the consultants. I passed the first round so they flew me up to New York for the final round interview. I was offered a position the next day.

Interview Question – Nothing really out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation process took about a month.

Director Interview

Director
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Capco.

Interview Details – Several interviews with key senior management

Reason for Declining – Didn't care for business model

Very Easy Interview

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Capco in December 2013.

Interview Details – I did a phone screen with a recruiter in Florida who scheduled me for a mass consulting interview night. I was then contacted, a day or two later, by a recruiter in the NY office who rescheduled me for one on one interviews instead. The one on ones were with 2 principal consultants who were handling a specific account that had projects that were ramping up. The focus seemed to be on this specific client since they had a portfolio of projects with them that would need bodies thrown at it.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. The interviews were behavioral and were related to my previous consulting experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They gave me a verbal offer over the phone 2 days after the interview. The offer was lower than expected so I presented a counter. They met me half way (which I expected they would do) and I accepted. I still would have liked more money, but then again who doesn't.

Associate Interview

Associate
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Capco.

Interview Details – I was contacted by HR via email. I went to the "ATP interview night". I talked to 4 different consultants. Most of the questions were very general like why do you want to work here, why management consulting, walk me through your resume, etc...

Interview Question – How would you find the weight of an elephant without a scale?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
New York, NY

I interviewed at Capco in May 2012.

Interview Details – First round began with 12 of us in a room for introductions. We then split off into 3 separate interviews where we were asked about resumes, experience, and questions like, "tell me about something interested that not many other people know about." I was invited back for a second round with the team I would be working with, but didn't make the cut. Second interview consisted of being grilled on tiny details in resume and asking for extra detail each time.

Interview Question – "Why" in relations to most of my answers in the second interview caught my offguard   Answer Question

Associate Talent Program Interview

Associate Talent Program
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capco in February 2013.

Interview Details – First process is HR phone screen with pretty standard questions about resume, day to day, challenges faced, team dynamics questions etc. the phone interview last around 30 mins and the last question would be about expected salary. They give a pretty low rage with a take it or leave it scenario at the very end.

The Second round is face to face interviews with a few senior consultants and one partner. The whole process lasts a few hours. Questions include walk of the resume, knowledge abut capital markets, team dynamics, presentation skills etc.

The third round is an all day even that takes place during the weekend. All the candidates are put into groups and are assigned group activities like preparing a deck of slides of a pretend client and doing project management functions. You will then be faced with an 'unexpected' twist during the exercise which you will have to creatively solve with you team mates. Be prepared to come up with innovative ideas and solutions.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Brush up on Capital Markets and be prepared to think creatively on your feet   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Capco

Worked for Capco? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Capco interview questions and advice in New York City, NY. All 25 interview reviews posted anonymously by Capco employees and interview candidates.