Capco

Updated Nov 19, 2014

2.7

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Capco in December 2013.

I did a phone screen with a recruiter in Florida who scheduled me for a mass consulting interview night. I was then contacted, a day or two later, by a recruiter in the NY office who rescheduled me for one on one interviews instead. The one on ones were with 2 principal consultants who were handling a specific account that had projects that were ramping up. The focus seemed to be on this specific client since they had a portfolio of projects with them that would need bodies thrown at it.

Interview Questions
  • There were no difficult questions. The interviews were behavioral and were related to my previous consulting experiences.   Answer Question
They gave me a verbal offer over the phone 2 days after the interview. The offer was lower than expected so I presented a counter. They met me half way (which I expected they would do) and I accepted. I still would have liked more money, but then again who doesn't.

Other Interview Reviews for Capco

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capco in December 2013.

The recruiting process was very efficient. Capco recruiter located my resume online and reached to me for a series of phone Q&A sessions. I would not call my experience an official phone interview but rather a chance for them to get to know me as a candidate and understand what my personal and professional goals were.

At an official Meet and Greet, several candidates were brought together to meet a variety of full time Capco employees. It felt very much like an informal interview process as we were encouraged to research Capco and understand their operating model, client base and basic philosophy before the event. At the event, there was a vague sense among the candidates that the more Capco employees you met, the better. From my experience, however, quality of interaction was stressed over quantity. Engaging in positive, thorough, and constructive conversations with the Capco employees in your targeted domain is an excellent approach. It is the impression you leave on a few that will get you invited back for an interview.

From the meet and greet, several candidates were invited back for a round robin interview the following week. I was interviewed in 4 sessions, each lasting approximately 30 minutes. The questions were not necessarily technically challenging but I got the distinct impression that Capco is looking for a certain "type" or person. Industry specific experience and education is not required but they were looking to understand how my skills and background were going to transfer and help Capco continue to grow its business. Be forthright, thorough, and personable at the interview. If you make a positive impression on the 4 interviewers, you have 4 advocates when it comes time to make hiring decisions.

Interview Questions
    • There were no challenging technical questions. For me, not coming from a Finance background, my most challenging question was to answer "Why should Capco hire me? What specific value of diversity or perspective would I bring to the table if hired?"   Answer Question
    When I heard they were going to make an offer, the recruiter asked me what my target salary would be. After two rounds of negotiations, they came in slightly below my offer but the total compensation package was more than adequate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Capco in December 2013.

I interviewed on campus in the first round with two of the consultants. I passed the first round so they flew me up to New York for the final round interview. I was offered a position the next day.

Interview Questions
    The negotiation process took about a month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capco in November 2013.

I was contacted by a recruiter that found me on Linkedin. I came in to interview with three team members in the NY office and was offered a position early the following week. The interview was challenging and made me think, but that is my cup of tea.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself fitting in forming the future of financial services technology?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capco.

Phone Interview with HR
    2 Rounds of Technical Interview
    1 Round of Job-Fit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Capco in January 2013.

Overall the process was a good one. It followed the typical recruiter, phone screen, in person interview process. I interacted with smart, thoughtful, people throughout the process. I think the interview process was well-managed by the recruiter. Capco is certainly a company I would consider working if the right opportunity comes along.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly the interview questions were mostly routine, nothing particularly difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Capco in September 2012.

The company is looking for people but getting on can be difficult just because they drag their feet. I had to call them a couple of times to get my interview scheduled. I think it is just because everyone is really busy. My interview was in person but since there offices are only in New York, Chicago and California that your interview may only be by phone. Fresh out of college can be required to be on-site in one of the three offices. Experienced staff will work remotely. Expect travel, every other week.

Interview Questions
    There are a few groups at Capco where most is Financial. The technology group that I joined has a few basic titles in that group. Consultant, Senior Consultant, Managing Principal are common.. My rate was set in the middle for my title so there wasn't a lot of negotiation. Review the rates on GlassDoor so you can decide for your self if you should be on the higher range of the band for the title they offer you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Capco in May 2012.

Called me in for an interview day - it consisted of a phone review by the lead HR recruiter and a whole morning of interviews. I met with at least 5 different Principal consultants, and was asked many questions about my current work, ability to work with others, etc. No technical questions at all whatsoever, and when I posed some myself I felt that I didn't get a satisfactory answer myself.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think you would work in a group that has people with different opinions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Capco in August 2009.

Round robin interview process without HR screen beforehand. Received quick feedback and offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing in particular. Due to round robin format, many questions regarding past experience in very fast format.   Answer Question
    They made offer and would NOT negotiate at all. They were in a major hiring mode and bringing on a large people in terms of percentage of existing employee count. They were more concerned with the value (salary vs client charge rates) then quality of talent so negotiating was pretty much off.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Capco.

3 interviews - one with HR, one with a Managing Principle on a case study and the final one with a Partner

Negotiations done through the agency