Capcom Vancouver

Capcom Vancouver Interview Questions

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Capcom Vancouver

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Capcom Vancouver in January 2014.

An HR rep contacted me to schedule and initial phone screen within days of when I had originally submitted my application. During the phone screen, the HR rep spoke about the lengthy hiring process, and what I could expect during the phone screen and going forward. They seemed very professional and specific.

Interview Questions
    • I never got past the first two initial questions. We never talked about my experience, or who I was or where I came from, which I found to be disrespectful. The first questions was:

"How big was the biggest team you managed?"

and the second question:

"What projects are you credited on?"

After the second question the HR rep told me they weren't interested in my services. The phone screen lasted <10min.

Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Their technical questions were very easy. They were typical questions you could google the answers for if you looked them up ahead of time. Phone screen followed by an in person interview. They gave me an offer that same day, in the afternoon. Very impressed with the speed of their process. HR staff is super friendly.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capcom Vancouver in February 2013.

First an HR contacts you by mail to check if you are still interested by the job you applied for. Couple days after your answer, he will propose you to contact you by phone to talk about your life, your previous job, what you know and expect from the company. Then he will propose you 2 phone interviews.

Then, the funny part begins. The first is the technical director who asks you questions that have nothing to do with the field of your job. NOT one question about my past works and my field, my skills for the position. Then, couple days after, you have another phone interview with 2 guys working int the company and in your field. And there again, 0 question about your skills or past in this field. Nothing about you could have achieved the X last years. Just very basic questions you had be asked when you were student and you didn't have to do again since X years. The skills you get during your previous many years in concrete jobs has no importance (it seems). And to conclude, when I asked questions about the position, they told me they did not have any idea of which job you are interviewed for. So they just have been asked to interview you, but they do not know for which position. Great.

Interview Questions
    • All the question were very general and if you have achieved specific things on your previous job... they don't care.   Answer Question

Producer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Capcom Vancouver.

Initial contact was through a very pleasant recruiter and they submitted my resume to the hiring manager (an Exec Producer) for review. My application was then passed onto the recruiter who deals with Producer candidates and at that point my resume disappeared into a black hole and I didn't hear back from them for over a month. Once I was finally contacted by this other recruiter he didn't even realize which position I had applied for. Once I corrected him, he set up an interview with the Exec Producer who then proceeded to perform the worst phone interview I have ever had in my career. All of his questions were about game design, which was not the position I applied for. I finished the phone call knowing that he had no plans to make me an offer since I felt he was just jerking me around. Very unprofessional. All in all it took 3 months to get a total of 2 phone calls from them.

Interview Questions
    • No producer related questions were asked during my interview for a Producer position.   Answer Question