Capgemini Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Jun 13, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini (Chicago, IL).

Interview

They first came to campus where there was a breif interview which they stressed was mainly for us to ask questions and get to know more about the company. Within the next two or so weeks I then got invited for an on site interview. This was fairly relaxed as well. I met with 3 people, 2 of which had a list of fairly normal behavioral questions and the 3rd led a case study. It wasn't super hard, they basically gave you an example client and asked you to design a mock product for their needs.

Interview Questions

• They asked fairly standard behavioral type questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't really negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Capgemini (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First round Interview was on campus and a 30-minute behavioral interview. Pretty basic behavioral questions, interviewer was very straight-faced and difficult to read. Went over by 20 minutes but interviewer gave no indication of her emotions and overall thought interview was just okay. A little uncomfortable at first, but questions were not difficult to answer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in your life when you did everything right but still did not get the result that you wanted.   Answer Question

B&ITT Consultant Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capgemini (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Short ten minute phone interview. HR just wants to screen resume and personal information and check the correctness. By the way, their screening is pretty fast. Ask about the percentage of willingness to travel and visa status.

Interview Questions

• Ask about visa status and the percentage of willingness to travel   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capgemini (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied on Campus. Attended info session, career fair table, and two pre-interview dinners/mixers. On-campus interview was short- solely behavioral. Heard back shortly after and interviewed in Chicago office. Arrived early to read through case, then went on to do three thirty-minute interviews. Two were behavioral, one case. The case is unique in that you choose from a list of solutions and explain why. I felt that the case was rushed- spent too much time asking questions to gain more information, and not enough time talking about solutions. I think this was my main issue. My interviewer talked a lot about the importance of the case but I didn't feel that I got to display my skills in working through it.

Interview Questions

• A lot of scenario-based questions- "if you were a consultant and this happened, how would you handle it?" It was hard to know how to give an example from my own experience to support my answer to the questions.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capgemini (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process included a pre-interview reception and then screening interviews on my college campus. The first screening interview was a simple resume review. After that, I completed an onsite interview, which consisted of three interviews with senior staff. One of those interviews was a case study. Capgemini's staff was friendly and they seemed really passionate about their work.

Interview Questions

• The onsite interview included a case study. Since I hadn't completed many case studies before, I was nervous. However, it wasn't bad.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Capgemini (Chicago, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied through the university during career fair. After a week I got on-campus behavioral interview. After another week I was invited for 3 on-site interviews. Waited 2 months to hear back from them about their decision, every single time I emailed HR I got this response, "We do not have any updates for you". I emailed them I had other offers and requested them to make a decision. They didn't. I ended up accepting other offers. Still haven't heard back from Capgemini. I followed up with several other classmates (US citizens/Green card holders) who also had interviews at Capgemini, they had offers from Capgemini within 2 weeks after the interviews. Later after speaking with an "insider" I learned that Capgemini does not hire international students and if they accidentally end up inviting an international student for interview (which was true in my case) they would purposely not make a decision (for 1-2 months) and when all positions are filled up they would send you a rejection email. If you're an international student here in the US, don't bother to interview with them.

Interview Questions

• Interviews were easy. Behavioral interview, Functional Interview and Case study interview. You basically don't need to prepare, just use your common sense. After behavioral and functional interviews, the interviewers told me "You killed it!!!". So I can tell you that it was pretty easy....but its up to you how to impress the interviewers.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Capgemini (Chicago, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

Had phone interview with HR
    Next had an interview over the phone with a Senior Manager
    Then had interview with a Principal over the phone.
    Then had a face to face interview with Senior Manager

Interview Questions

• Talked about experience and asked work related questions. There was not really any scenario based questions or any case study type questions. However, this was due to the fact that I was hired as an experienced hire   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capgemini (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

I first heard about Capgemini through my school's career website. I submitted my resume, and I got a call for an on campus interview. Before the interview, I got an email, telling me to come out to a dinner event. There, I got to meet a few consultants and ask them questions. They were all quite nice and had varied experiences. It was a pretty welcoming environment, although it was a bit more professional. Just make sure to do your research, have good, honest questions ready(don't just ask questions for the sake of asking questions), and above all, listen to their experiences. They like talking about their travels more than their work. They like talking about the fun things about work, rather than the monotony.

The interview was pretty standard. I had dinner with my interviewer the night before, so I was already comfortable with him. Standard behavioral questions: Why capgemini? Why do you want to be a consultant? Why are your skills relevant to this position? Times when you encountered challenges as a team leader? etc.
    I believe that I succeeded in this interview, because 1) I related every single question to how I am a good fit to the position(make sure to be brief!) 2)I was prepared to say why capgemini fascinated me(BE HONEST) and 3) I told them a little bit about how my interests, work ethics, and career goals related to my life philosophy. I think my interviewer liked, not only the content of my answers, but also the succinct and logical way I presented them.

Fast forward- three weeks later.

I went in for a final round interview at the Chicago office, and the day was broken up into the following:

1. Behavioral Interview - Pretty standard. Very similar to the one I had with my first interviewer. The guy that interviewed me talked about his previous work in virtual reality technologies which was very cool to hear about. It went relatively well. I think he enjoyed talking about his non-capgemini work as well. He really appreciated the fact that I asked about his background and experience before he joined capgemini, so I would recommend asking this to your interviewer.

2. Stress Interview - My interviewer was very difficult to read. He was unresponsive to my answers(purposely so, i think), but by the end he softened up(Smile Often!) and lo and behold! the interview began to resemble the first one. I got very lucky. I could have gotten someone very aggressive rather than unresponsive, but no matter what, I think what helped was telling myself before hand that this is all a test. Don't crumble. Don't get nervous. Don't get defensive. Don't get angry, and DO NOT ramble. They want to test you. (They know that college grads don't have all the answers put together. They were probably equally as nervous when they were our age) All they want is for you to calmly defend yourself. Even if they call you out on something, and you have no rebuttal, stay calm. Sometimes the best thing to do is to ask the interviewer to elaborate on his critique. Demonstrate that you seek to understand before arguing. Show that you listen before speaking.

3. Case Study - The case study was a simple business case scenario where my interviewer played the part of a pharmaceuticals client who wanted to know why he was losing revenue. Its much more of a conversation, and he guided me to a lot of questions as well. I got flustered a little bit, but he was an amiable enough of a guy that I didn't feel too pressured. He cracked some pretty solid jokes in my case study that gave me some honest laughs.
    After the case study, he asked me what I would do if a client asked me to do something in ten minutes that I had no idea how to do. I gave him a complex answer on how I would pull together resources and stall for time and etc, and after my answer, he simply smiles and says, "no, you would tell your client the truth."

It dawned to me that although Capgemini looks for intelligent and talented people, what is most important for any company is that candidates are ethical. The health of the work environment and the company's reputation depend on kind people that deal with their clients honestly. Even though we have this image of a consultant as these number crunching, networking masters, part of being a good consultant is also being good to your clients and coworkers.

I got an email in two weeks saying that they would pursued other candidates, but they also told me that if I ever want to interview with them again, to let them know.

My three pieces are:

Be Honest Be Kind Be Calm

This may be a bit too sappy for glassdoor, and I know a lot of you guys may be looking for that one secret thing to say to your interviewers that will blow them away, or that one integral tip to toppling capgemini case studies, but the truth is, there is no secret. Just be yourself...

But also, i got pretty lucky to have three great interviewers who I was able to converse with pretty well. Your interviewers could be a bit tougher.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Interview

A behavioural interview followed with a case study. The whole process lasts for an hour and interviewers are very friendly in general.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the no. of people who engage in online transaction monthly in the US.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Capgemini (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

I was referred to the position by a friend of mine. Went through a phone interview which went well, from there i was part of the candidates who was selected for a in house interview. I interviewed with two senior consultants, One of them focused on a case interview, the other one on behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Make sure you prepare your self for the case interview, you will discuss the case as if you were the consultant.   Answer Question