Capgemini Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated May 27, 2014
Updated May 27, 2014

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Capgemini in March 2014.

I first heard about Capgemini through my school's career website. I submitted my resume, and I got a call for an on campus interview. Before the interview, I got an email, telling me to come out to a dinner event. There, I got to meet a few consultants and ask them questions. They were all quite nice and had varied experiences. It was a pretty welcoming environment, although it was a bit more professional. Just make sure to do your research, have good, honest questions ready(don't just ask questions for the sake of asking questions), and above all, listen to their experiences. They like talking about their travels more than their work. They like talking about the fun things about work, rather than the monotony.

The interview was pretty standard. I had dinner with my interviewer the night before, so I was already comfortable with him. Standard behavioral questions: Why capgemini? Why do you want to be a consultant? Why are your skills relevant to this position? Times when you encountered challenges as a team leader? etc.
    I believe that I succeeded in this interview, because 1) I related every single question to how I am a good fit to the position(make sure to be brief!) 2)I was prepared to say why capgemini fascinated me(BE HONEST) and 3) I told them a little bit about how my interests, work ethics, and career goals related to my life philosophy. I think my interviewer liked, not only the content of my answers, but also the succinct and logical way I presented them.

Fast forward- three weeks later.

I went in for a final round interview at the Chicago office, and the day was broken up into the following:

1. Behavioral Interview - Pretty standard. Very similar to the one I had with my first interviewer. The guy that interviewed me talked about his previous work in virtual reality technologies which was very cool to hear about. It went relatively well. I think he enjoyed talking about his non-capgemini work as well. He really appreciated the fact that I asked about his background and experience before he joined capgemini, so I would recommend asking this to your interviewer.

2. Stress Interview - My interviewer was very difficult to read. He was unresponsive to my answers(purposely so, i think), but by the end he softened up(Smile Often!) and lo and behold! the interview began to resemble the first one. I got very lucky. I could have gotten someone very aggressive rather than unresponsive, but no matter what, I think what helped was telling myself before hand that this is all a test. Don't crumble. Don't get nervous. Don't get defensive. Don't get angry, and DO NOT ramble. They want to test you. (They know that college grads don't have all the answers put together. They were probably equally as nervous when they were our age) All they want is for you to calmly defend yourself. Even if they call you out on something, and you have no rebuttal, stay calm. Sometimes the best thing to do is to ask the interviewer to elaborate on his critique. Demonstrate that you seek to understand before arguing. Show that you listen before speaking.

3. Case Study - The case study was a simple business case scenario where my interviewer played the part of a pharmaceuticals client who wanted to know why he was losing revenue. Its much more of a conversation, and he guided me to a lot of questions as well. I got flustered a little bit, but he was an amiable enough of a guy that I didn't feel too pressured. He cracked some pretty solid jokes in my case study that gave me some honest laughs.
    After the case study, he asked me what I would do if a client asked me to do something in ten minutes that I had no idea how to do. I gave him a complex answer on how I would pull together resources and stall for time and etc, and after my answer, he simply smiles and says, "no, you would tell your client the truth."

It dawned to me that although Capgemini looks for intelligent and talented people, what is most important for any company is that candidates are ethical. The health of the work environment and the company's reputation depend on kind people that deal with their clients honestly. Even though we have this image of a consultant as these number crunching, networking masters, part of being a good consultant is also being good to your clients and coworkers.

I got an email in two weeks saying that they would pursued other candidates, but they also told me that if I ever want to interview with them again, to let them know.

My three pieces are:

Be Honest Be Kind Be Calm

This may be a bit too sappy for glassdoor, and I know a lot of you guys may be looking for that one secret thing to say to your interviewers that will blow them away, or that one integral tip to toppling capgemini case studies, but the truth is, there is no secret. Just be yourself...

But also, i got pretty lucky to have three great interviewers who I was able to converse with pretty well. Your interviewers could be a bit tougher.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buffalo Grove, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo Grove, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Capgemini in December 2013.

Interview process is pretty fine. They take usually 2-3 rounds. and the questions about the interviews depends upon the role and criticality of the projec.t. Mine was strainght forward. It was a critical req so was able to get thru in 2 rounds. the intital round is techincal and was pretty easy. managerial interviews is more or less like HR types.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation was done as i was joining them as a contractor

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Capgemini in May 2013.

One of the best large company
    Industry leader
    great process and efficient enough process with respect to size of the company
    talented people - some of the best of the best
    great resources to learn
    wonderful opportunity to start one's career
    Benefits, Compensation & policies are really good when compared to competition. Some of the benefits like vacation & sick leaves are really good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

A behavioural interview followed with a case study. The whole process lasts for an hour and interviewers are very friendly in general.

Interview Questions
    • Estimate the no. of people who engage in online transaction monthly in the US.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Capgemini in February 2014.

I was referred to the position by a friend of mine. Went through a phone interview which went well, from there i was part of the candidates who was selected for a in house interview. I interviewed with two senior consultants, One of them focused on a case interview, the other one on behavioral interview.

Interview Questions
    • Make sure you prepare your self for the case interview, you will discuss the case as if you were the consultant.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Capgemini in February 2011.

Interview consisted of a 30 minute first round campus interview and 3 30 minute interviews at the headquarters.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Capgemini in May 2013.

Phone screening interview with recruiter...the basics. Phone interview with hiring manager (Partner, Practice Lead). Phone interview with Sr. Partner (overall Practice Leader). Very professional and to the point. However, the final interview felt like an interview for a completely different job. No further communication following final discussion.

Interview Questions
    • Final interview had extensive technical questions not related to the specific job role.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capgemini in March 2013.

Strictly phone interviews. Initially spoke with a recruiter, then a HR resource, then a couple of my peers with similar level as me, then the engagement manager, then the group VP. After negotiating my salary, I was hired. Spent one week on boarding with a group of other new employees.

Interview Questions
    Yes, I negotiated and they agreed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Capgemini.

Went through an on campus interview, which was really nice. Got to the second round in their downtown offices with three managers. The first and second were some problem solving type questions/scenarios. Sort of "what would you do if this happens" type of thing. The last interview was behavioral. Overall, the interviewers were very nice, very friendly. Lunch was provided.

Interview Questions
    • An asteroid is heading toward Earth. You can either send a missile that has a 50% chance of totally destroying or send a missile that will destroy only half of it for sure, causing half of the Earth to be destroyed. Which do you choose?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Capgemini.

I had an initial interview with recruiter after sending a resume. Initial interview was basic behavioral. After couple of days, they contacted me to come to their Chicago office at the end of second week. Once I arrived at the office, they sent me to the small room where I met with other candidates and some of their staff, it was actually fun. I had 3 back to back 30-minutes interview. One behavioral from project manager, one "fit behavioral" from senior consultant, and one case interview about pharmaceutical company which was very basic (nothing really hard). Overall interviews went very good, and they told me that I would hear from them in about two weeks if they want to proceed with me. If you want to work with Computer Technology, make sure you know what you want to work with (SAP, Oracle etc.......).

Interview Questions
    • How would you build trust with a Client?
      Why consulting?
      How would you fit into a team?
      Leadership role?
      How are your presentation skills?
        Answer Question

Worked for Capgemini? Contribute to the Community!