Capgemini Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

Consultant Interview

Interview

I was asked about my technical experience in Salesforce...It went good as I had experience with it,,They asked about basics in salesforce and work with my previous client..and earlier project work

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Capgemini

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewed on-site at South SF office for entry-level consulting role in General Practice. Behavioral and case interview over a period of about 2 hours total. I was told I would interview with a manager and a VP at the firm. I arrived about ten minutes early, but was made to wait longer than usual. I never ended up interviewing with either of the two people mentioned. Instead, a different first interviewer came about ten minutes late, and curtly directed me to follow him. He put the case interview on me first, which was not the order I expected. Case wasn't too bad and the interviewer was reasonably responsive during the process, although he played with his smartphone in plain sight while I was working on computations, and could act cold at times during the interview. Was not very friendly. They then put me back in the lobby. I could clearly see the woman VP I was supposed to interview with, but they shifted me to another VP in the company. The other VP made me wait about 20 minutes in the lobby before the next (behavioral) interview. He initially started off nice and friendly, but quickly became condescending and commanding. There was no structure for the interview. He seemed to instead try picking up on various parts of whatever we were talking about and would become combative and insult me. He also asked me where I was from at the start of the interview, even though that's against the law. I started talking about a research project I was doing, and he asked me to explain it. He became extremely cocky and aggressive. He started vehemently attacking parts of my project, even insulting me as ignorant. He commanded me to give a presentation in front of him about my project by drawing slides on his white board. He would frequently cut me off and tell me I had only a few seconds left. He commanded me to tell him what the most major flaw in my project was. He kept telling me my answers were wrong before asserting that something else was my project's fatal flaw, as if he was speaking down to a child. He proceeded to ask me about a recent news event and my thoughts on it. Whenever I brought up a viewpoint and backed it up, he kept cutting me off and told me I was wrong, wrong, wrong. He cut me off multiple times before I stated I would stick with my answer/opinion on the news event. He then gave me a brainteaser and I started to work through it on his whiteboard. As I was doing so, he started to interrupt me and mock me for not knowing the correct number for the population of SF. He asked "Don't you read those signs on the Golden Gate or Bay Bridge while you are driving?" Since he seemed to know, I asked him to offer what the correct population number for SF was. He refused to do so. After finishing he further mocked me and asked how I could be a PS major or be from California, and not know the exact population of SF. He asked "You call yourself a political science major and don't even know the population of San Francisco? Do you not even care?" I stayed silent, but he kept egging me on, saying "No, really, do you not really care?" I said "No, I..." before he cut me off and said "Oh, so you don't care?!" I said that no, that wasn't it, that I simply did not have the number of SF population at that time. After this dressing down, he concluded the interview. Overall, a very, very rude and denigrating experience, and from a VP with over ten years experience with the firm who was very abusive to a college student interviewing at his firm.

Interview Questions

• Are you the type of person who just makes assumptions without even thinking? You call yourself a political science major and don't even know the population of San Francisco?   Answer Question

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

7 interviews no avail: HR(1) /Tech (2) /Mgmt (2) /Sr. Mgmt (2) Lacked professionalism in conducting interview. Lacked internal co-ordination between HR and Delivery team. Interviewers saying opposite things during Q&A, were red-flags. None of them said anything good about working at Capgemini or its culture. For a direct question: I got a response that there are many projects and lots of work. They are only focused on staffing the project not on employee, appeared to be more of a staff aug. type. Submitted to end-client without permission before finalizing offer and someone from client location reached me back. People do not matter. Hope they notice and correct.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call to interview the next day. Proceeded to second and third round. Got a call to go on a project in the Fall was told I had an offer-- never got a hard copy of my offer instead got an email 3 weeks later that they were looking at other candidates.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview

4 levels of hiring process having written, group discussion, technical and manegerial. The Group discussion was interesting and major candidates disqualified in this round of hiring. technical is very through. and manegerial is just a formality and over all all selected in final round.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

fixed price

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview

Had first round in school. Basic behavior kind questions. ex. how you solve a difficult problem in team? After a week, received an email from HR to move to the onsite interview. Onsite has three rounds talking to three different interviewers one on one. One is a case interview.

Consultant Interview

Interview

Behavioral, they'll hire you as long as you can have a conversation in english. Asked about co curricular activities, what technology have any knowledge it. Questions that have absolutely no relevance to what you will be doing once you are at the firm though.

Interview Questions

• Absolutely none, I was a civil engineer undergrad at the time.They were just looking to increase their workforce. from 30000 employees they jumped to 50000 by the time if left after 3 years.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process included a pre-interview reception and then screening interviews on my college campus. The first screening interview was a simple resume review. After that, I completed an onsite interview, which consisted of three interviews with senior staff. One of those interviews was a case study. Capgemini's staff was friendly and they seemed really passionate about their work.

Interview Questions

• The onsite interview included a case study. Since I hadn't completed many case studies before, I was nervous. However, it wasn't bad.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capgemini (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Office Interview was 3 rounds each being 30 minutes. Case Study, Behavioral, and Skills. Each round was with a different interviewer. When I was arrived I was greeted and then given the case study. Shortly after I was sent to my first interview.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever make a mistake that affected a team and how was it handled and lessons learned?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Capgemini (Chicago, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied through the university during career fair. After a week I got on-campus behavioral interview. After another week I was invited for 3 on-site interviews. Waited 2 months to hear back from them about their decision, every single time I emailed HR I got this response, "We do not have any updates for you". I emailed them I had other offers and requested them to make a decision. They didn't. I ended up accepting other offers. Still haven't heard back from Capgemini. I followed up with several other classmates (US citizens/Green card holders) who also had interviews at Capgemini, they had offers from Capgemini within 2 weeks after the interviews. Later after speaking with an "insider" I learned that Capgemini does not hire international students and if they accidentally end up inviting an international student for interview (which was true in my case) they would purposely not make a decision (for 1-2 months) and when all positions are filled up they would send you a rejection email. If you're an international student here in the US, don't bother to interview with them.

Interview Questions

• Interviews were easy. Behavioral interview, Functional Interview and Case study interview. You basically don't need to prepare, just use your common sense. After behavioral and functional interviews, the interviewers told me "You killed it!!!". So I can tell you that it was pretty easy....but its up to you how to impress the interviewers.   Answer Question