Capgemini

Updated Nov 29, 2014

3.1

101 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Capgemini.

Had first round in school. Basic behavior kind questions. ex. how you solve a difficult problem in team?
After a week, received an email from HR to move to the onsite interview. Onsite has three rounds talking to three different interviewers one on one. One is a case interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Capgemini

Consultant Interview

Behavioral, they'll hire you as long as you can have a conversation in english. Asked about co curricular activities, what technology have any knowledge it. Questions that have absolutely no relevance to what you will be doing once you are at the firm though.

Interview Questions
    • Absolutely none, I was a civil engineer undergrad at the time.They were just looking to increase their workforce. from 30000 employees they jumped to 50000 by the time if left after 3 years.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Capgemini in September 2014.

Applied through the university during career fair. After a week I got on-campus behavioral interview. After another week I was invited for 3 on-site interviews. Waited 2 months to hear back from them about their decision, every single time I emailed HR I got this response, "We do not have any updates for you". I emailed them I had other offers and requested them to make a decision. They didn't. I ended up accepting other offers. Still haven't heard back from Capgemini. I followed up with several other classmates (US citizens/Green card holders) who also had interviews at Capgemini, they had offers from Capgemini within 2 weeks after the interviews. Later after speaking with an "insider" I learned that Capgemini does not hire international students and if they accidentally end up inviting an international student for interview (which was true in my case) they would purposely not make a decision (for 1-2 months) and when all positions are filled up they would send you a rejection email. If you're an international student here in the US, don't bother to interview with them.

Interview Questions
    • Interviews were easy. Behavioral interview, Functional Interview and Case study interview. You basically don't need to prepare, just use your common sense. After behavioral and functional interviews, the interviewers told me "You killed it!!!". So I can tell you that it was pretty easy....but its up to you how to impress the interviewers.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini in August 2014.

Mostly related to Technologies and the client round was very interesting like a quiz and the 2 technical rounds went very smooth and after that had one HR interview. The compensation was non negotiable and was satisfactory also

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini.

The interview process consisted of three rounds. The first round was an on-campus 30 minute interview, the second was an on-site interview in the Atlanta office and consisted of three 30 minute interviews. The final round was a phone interview with a senior partner that lasted around 30 minutes. The questions were fairly standard behavioral based, the only exception being a case study during the on-site interviews.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were not that difficult, mainly behavioral based. The case study was not difficult either. The only one that was somewhat difficult asked was "How do you think you will handle the coding, since your background is not in computer engineering?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Capgemini.

Interview process consisted of three interviews. One with a Sr Consultant, one with a Manager or above and one with a Sr. Manager or above. The interview questions ranged anywhere from behavioral to situational/hypothetical questions (ex: how many people are wearing purple shirts right now or how many airplanes are flying over the sky right now). There used to be a one hour case study exam, which was a bit tough to get through in the time allotted, that was used to judge your logic and problem solving skills...but I think they got rid of it.

They also had you do a fake sales pitch/presentation about something you were passionate about. The interviews and questions differ depending on who you have interviewing you.

Interview Questions
    • How many airplanes are flying over the USA right now? It was more challenging than difficult and did challenge your through process which I loved.   View Answer
    Not much room for negotiation. Same with my colleagues

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini.

Met other staff consultants at campus career fair and got an on-campus interview. Interviewed with one senior consultant on-campus, then went thru to second rounds in the Atlanta office. Interviewed with three different employees for 30 minutes each, including one Principal. One interview covered a brief case study.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you better than all of our other candidates? Proceeded to answer this question several times as the interviewer kept shooting down my responses.   Answer Question
    You are able to negotiate a little bit, but I was unaware of this at the time my offer was extended. You can also negotiate starting date. I recommend starting earlier in the summer than in August, as there are three starting classes for the summer new hires.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capgemini.

I received an interview with Capgemini through career services as school. The interview was about an hour long. It was a one on one session with a Capgemini employee. He asked basic behavioral questions like how did you handle a difficult situation. Also had to explain things on my resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Capgemini in March 2013.

1st round were held on campus, 2nd/final round were held at a Capgemini location. I thought the process was smooth until I did not receive ANY (negative/positive) type of feedback regarding the status of my application.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini in February 2013.

I had applied through university recruiting. Was called for the First round of interview which lasted for 30 mins. Questions were all behavioral, fairly straight and simple. Cleared the first round and was called for the second round.
    This consisted of 3 30 mins interview. Most of the questions were based on resume, behavioral and previous work experience. They seemed more interested in cloud technology on which I had worked.
    One 30 minute interview was a case study of a pharmaceutical company.
    Company was not doing well, employees demoralized as manager gave appraisal based on current working ways. No database records of employees past work contribution. Sales employees cannot complete training as there is no online training available. Also there data is not available online which makes it difficult to get data of products.
    How will you resolve these issues?
    Interview went really well and I was very hopeful. Never heard back from them Even after following up none of the recruiters replied.

Interview Questions
    • Why Capgemini? Why consulting?   Answer Question
    • What fascinates you about cloud computing?   Answer Question
    • How did you resolve a conflict? Your weakness and strength. Your accomplishment.   Answer Question
    • How did you handle multiple deadlines? How and when did you manage a stressful situation?   Answer Question
    • how did you handle a conflict in your team? How did you motivate someone?   Answer Question