Capgemini Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini in August 2014.

Interview

Mostly related to Technologies and the client round was very interesting like a quiz and the 2 technical rounds went very smooth and after that had one HR interview. The compensation was non negotiable and was satisfactory also

Other Interview Reviews for Capgemini

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview process consisted of three rounds. The first round was an on-campus 30 minute interview, the second was an on-site interview in the Atlanta office and consisted of three 30 minute interviews. The final round was a phone interview with a senior partner that lasted around 30 minutes. The questions were fairly standard behavioral based, the only exception being a case study during the on-site interviews.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were not that difficult, mainly behavioral based. The case study was not difficult either. The only one that was somewhat difficult asked was "How do you think you will handle the coding, since your background is not in computer engineering?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Interview process consisted of three interviews. One with a Sr Consultant, one with a Manager or above and one with a Sr. Manager or above. The interview questions ranged anywhere from behavioral to situational/hypothetical questions (ex: how many people are wearing purple shirts right now or how many airplanes are flying over the sky right now). There used to be a one hour case study exam, which was a bit tough to get through in the time allotted, that was used to judge your logic and problem solving skills...but I think they got rid of it. They also had you do a fake sales pitch/presentation about something you were passionate about. The interviews and questions differ depending on who you have interviewing you.

Interview Questions

• How many airplanes are flying over the USA right now? It was more challenging than difficult and did challenge your through process which I loved.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation. Same with my colleagues

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (Atlanta, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

There is one on campus interview followed by an in-office interview day, consisting of 3 separate 30 minute interviews. The campus interview was a 1:1 with a Staff Consultant, it was a behavioral. The three in-office interviews were all with higher level (manager or higher) and were behavioral and one case interview. All interviews were approximately 30 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Met other staff consultants at campus career fair and got an on-campus interview. Interviewed with one senior consultant on-campus, then went thru to second rounds in the Atlanta office. Interviewed with three different employees for 30 minutes each, including one Principal. One interview covered a brief case study.

Interview Questions

• What makes you better than all of our other candidates? Proceeded to answer this question several times as the interviewer kept shooting down my responses.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You are able to negotiate a little bit, but I was unaware of this at the time my offer was extended. You can also negotiate starting date. I recommend starting earlier in the summer than in August, as there are three starting classes for the summer new hires.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview

I received an interview with Capgemini through career services as school. The interview was about an hour long. It was a one on one session with a Capgemini employee. He asked basic behavioral questions like how did you handle a difficult situation. Also had to explain things on my resume.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capgemini (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

1st round were held on campus, 2nd/final round were held at a Capgemini location. I thought the process was smooth until I did not receive ANY (negative/positive) type of feedback regarding the status of my application.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2013.

Interview

I had applied through university recruiting. Was called for the First round of interview which lasted for 30 mins. Questions were all behavioral, fairly straight and simple. Cleared the first round and was called for the second round. This consisted of 3 30 mins interview. Most of the questions were based on resume, behavioral and previous work experience. They seemed more interested in cloud technology on which I had worked. One 30 minute interview was a case study of a pharmaceutical company. Company was not doing well, employees demoralized as manager gave appraisal based on current working ways. No database records of employees past work contribution. Sales employees cannot complete training as there is no online training available. Also there data is not available online which makes it difficult to get data of products. How will you resolve these issues? Interview went really well and I was very hopeful. Never heard back from them Even after following up none of the recruiters replied.

Interview Questions

• Why Capgemini? Why consulting?   Answer Question
    • What fascinates you about cloud computing?   Answer Question
    • How did you resolve a conflict? Your weakness and strength. Your accomplishment.   Answer Question
    • How did you handle multiple deadlines? How and when did you manage a stressful situation?   Answer Question
    • how did you handle a conflict in your team? How did you motivate someone?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini in February 2013.

Interview

I had applied online Recruiter called. She was very friendly Manager called. He really liked me. Ask me behavior questions. Nothing too difficult. Got called in for campus interview day and spoke with 2 interviewers and then a case study with 6 other candidates Couple weeks later HR called and offered

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from other candidates?   Answer Question
    • Explain an item and sell it to me.   Answer Question
    • During case study: explain everything we all had just discussed for the case study   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini in January 2013.

Interview

The process was straightforward and fast. I got a call-in directly cause of an in-house recommendation. The later boss as well as an additional employee both introduced themselves and the company extensively and let me decide where i want to emphasize my CV first. A few basic technical questions where given where the solution was less important as how you approached it.

Interview Questions

• CV gaps or entries outside the "norm" will be questioned   Answer Question

Negotiation

they met my first demand and told me that was their average entry salary for my education... could not really differentiate if this was true or not. It may be worth your while to discuss contract details or some form of benefits if this happens to you because you can not ask for more directly after you told them what you expected.