Capgemini Consulting

Getting the Interview

74 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Capgemini Consulting in March 2014.

Interview Details – The interview had three sections, each with a different person. The first interview was typical tell me about a time when stuff and the interviewer was very nice. The second interviewer was completely standoffish and acted bored, which I was prepared for after reading some other reviews. He asked the typical questions but then would play with his phone and even made a phone call. Towards the end he started picking apart my resume. The last interviewer was an upper management guy and asked me about a case study where a company had specific complaints from employees and I had to come up with solutions. Luckily they gave me the case study scenario when I first arrived about 10 minutes early or else I would not have had much time to think through it.

Interview Question – Unexpected: "Why is your gpa so low?"
Difficult: the case study question

Associate Consultant Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Capgemini Consulting in December 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed by Capgemini at Uni campus. I am a experienced healthmgmt professional. Asked me how would u managed as a consultant when you have to keep changing domain ranging from gov, healthcare, Motors, microchip?

Interview Question – How would u manage difficult client requirement, if you are new in that domain ?   Answer Question

Staff Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Capgemini Consulting in March 2014.

Interview Details – First was an on campus interview at my college where I was interviewed for 30 minutes. Heard the same day that they wanted me to continue on and have a day of interviews (3, 30 minute interviews) at their regional office. Met with 3 higher ups talking about me and behavioral questions, etc. Waiting to hear back from them now.

Interview Question – Case study was standard for an interview and none of the questions were out of left field.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Administrative Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Capgemini Consulting.

Interview Details – A fair, technically demanding interview.

Interview Question – I cannot reveal the technical questions I was asked, as that will compromise my identity. You had better know your stuff, though, or be prepared to admit you don't! Two of the questions I was asked were, in my opinion, a bit esoteric - I really didn't know the answers, and was thrown for a loop.   Answer Question

Staff Consultant
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Capgemini Consulting in December 2013.

Interview Details – I first had an on-campus interview with a recruiter which was mainly questions about my resume and work experience. I was then invited to the on-site interviews which consisted of three rounds: one asking about my resume again, one where they give real-world problems and see how you would handle the situation, and one case study. My advice is to RELAX! They want you to succeed, but also need to make sure you can handle sudden pressure and solve problems logically.

Interview Question – The case study really needs to be thought out loud.   Answer Question

Consultant I Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Capgemini Consulting in November 2013.

Interview Details – Met a recruiter at on-campus recruiting. Very friendly and open - For college students: I suggest you speak about coursework or projects that are specifically relevant to the consulting process (e.g.: management or operations assignments)

Had a phone interview - Standard questions (why Capgemini?, why consulting?, walk me through your resume.) Tip - if you list interests and skills, make sure you can talk about them!

Three In-person interviews on super day. It's a great chance to network with other recruits and employees. I found everyone to be very friendly (recruits and employees).

Overall great experience.

Interview Question – Make sure to practice case studies (but I found it easier than expected).
If you list tech skills, make sure you can discuss your proficiency.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Capgemini Consulting in November 2013.

Interview Details – 30min behavioral interview

Interview Question – Why technology? This was a question I was not expecting, though I did have an answer for it.   Answer Question

Staff Consultant
Atlanta, GA

Interviewed at Capgemini Consulting

Interview Details – First round was an on campus interview. I was interview by a third year Senior Associate. Standard questions except for: How would you convince a client to accept your solution? What is your favourite sandwich and why? Second round was at the office in Atlanta. Two back to back general behavioural interviews followed by a case interview. I was given the stress test interview by two directors. I did poorly on it. Learned a great deal from it - excellent experience. Wish I read Case In Point before the interview.

Interview Question – Pretty standard questions? Why consulting? Why CapGemini? Why should I hire you?

Pharmaceutical company and decling sales case question.

Software Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Capgemini Consulting.

Interview Details – In person interview just went through basic situations of problem solving and logic. Mostly just wanted to make sure I could present myself in a professional manner and had the basic requirements. There were 1-2 pre interview calls, but those were just basic going over resume and little things like that.

Interview Question – Not really anything out of the blue, just go over experience and basic questions.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Capgemini Consulting in October 2013.

Interview Details – For the grad student university pipeline, it started with a corporate presentation, followed by some networking events and essentially a presentation at their office.

Two rounds of interviews. The first round consisted of two cases with some behavioral mixed in. The second was a half-day consisting of a presentation (just on paper to a single Vice President, one on one), two more cases, and some time in between to just chat and get to know some of the consultants at the office. For all of the interviews, there was an unusually large amount of time towards the end to ask questions and talk, compared to other consulting company interviews I had.

I had a very positive impression of the people who interviewed me. They all seemed very intelligent, and were all down to earth and friendly.

Interview Question – Both interviews were supposed to be business cases. The second case, however, was not a conventional strategy, marketing, or operations case, but more on dealing with client relationships as a consultant.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offers are standardized, well-established pipeline for MBA recruiting. Not much room for negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Capgemini Consulting

Worked for Capgemini Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Capgemini Consulting interview questions and advice. All 74 interview reviews posted anonymously by Capgemini Consulting employees and interview candidates.