Capgemini Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Capgemini Consulting.

Interview

Three interviews with two Managing Consultants and/or above as well as one VP. One of the managing consultants will perform a case interview, which is not a deal breaker. If you know the VP, it's an advantage to overcome any flags.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with the news, trends, and info that is relevant for projects and potential work?   1 Answer

Entry Level Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capgemini Consulting.

Interview

There were two phone screenings before the in person interview. Phone screenings were about 30 minutes each. The in person took about an hour and consisted of meeting with two separate people, each meeting about 30 min.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capgemini Consulting.

Interview

First round interviews included one case interview (45 minutes) and one behavioral interview (45 minutes). After getting through the first round, the second round interview process was similar to the first round process (another case interview and another behavioral interview). The second round interview also included a 15 minutes behavioral interview with a VP.

Interview Questions

• Typical case interview that included several handouts, graphs, charts, etc. Case included some number crunching. Interview lasted about 30-45 minutes.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Capgemini Consulting in May 2015.

Interview

This company is a mess. I applied online, and a month later someone in India took 4-5 weeks to schedule a 30 minute call with a recruiter. The call went fine, and I answered everything that is typically asked in a screening call. I was more than qualified for the role, and I am more qualified that most people being hired there (with a better background). Another month went by, and I got a rejection letter thanking me for interviewing with a person I never met, and saying that my skills don't meet the needs of the organization at this time. Really? 3 months for this? Get your act together.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background and why you are applying here.   1 Answer

Staff Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Capgemini Consulting in May 2015.

Interview

They give you a case study about a medical company, whose employees do not have proper sales information on the road and they do not have proper training. You are asked to find out the specific problems, etc. Then you have two other interviews regarding behavioral and situational questions. This interview made me not want to work for the company. One lady who interviewed me made me have second thoughts about working for them. In a previous interview, an employee told me he enjoyed the work life balance. But when I asked one of the interviewers that question, she responded by saying, "We have one? I have never felt like there is a good work-life balance at all." So regardless of the fact that I was not offered the job, I wouldn't have accepted anyway. I like to work with people who are genuinely excited about working for the company or people who are just fun to be around. That lady who interviewed me in their office was neither of those people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one time in which you disagreed with someone?   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

I received an email after a job fair where I gave my resume to them. the interview was few days after i received the email. I talked to 3 different persons and one of them was about a case study they gave me when I arrived in their office. the interviewee were very nice, the interview lasted 30mn with each one of them

Staff Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini Consulting (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I found out about Capgemini through the campus career services and Info session. They are very nice and established consulting firm. First interview was supposed ot be in person on campus however due to weather it was changed to a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to show leadership? Very basic questions...   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Capgemini Consulting.

Interview

I got a referral from an employee and HR was very quick about following up with me. The HR screen was fairly standard- typical behavioral questions. There were no surprises there and I had a fairly good chat with the HR person. The HR person then moved me to the next stage. I was interested in a specific practice area of a local office. HR then scheduled a video conversation with a consultant from a different office in the same practice area. I think I got unlucky with my interviewer. My interviewer was very hard to reach. My interview was not scheduled until the last minute (the day before) and I had sent several emails trying to reach out to them. I got the sense that my interviewer did not have the same criteria for recuirting as the local office did. The consultant screen was fairly standard behavioral questions. Usually there is supposed to be a minicase but I did not get one. I got the sense that even though the local office I was applying to was open to taking people from non-traditional business background (aka non-MBA backgrounds), my particular interviewer was not open to this.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you resolved a conflict on a team.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Capgemini Consulting (New City, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online in January - quick response 2 telephone interviews then schedule on site with EE at Cap Gemini. Contacted quickly to be brought back to meet HR and panel for department - and then the organization went dead. No contact, no offer or decline of candidacy. Position still posted. Worst respect from any HR or organization by leaving candidates hanging. They should be ashamed of themselves. I would not want to work for an organization like that if they even came back to me with an offer.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini Consulting.

Interview

I met them when they were at my campus of Bowling Green State University. I interviewed with the recruiter and then with his upper management. After those initial interviews I made it to the next round and was offered a full expense paid trip to Chicago to go through the final rounds of interviews.Everyone was very polite and friendly. It was an exceptional atmosphere and yet highly professional.

Interview Questions

• They gave a business case and requested the solution that you would provide for the customer with the business issue.   Answer Question