Capgemini Consulting

Capgemini Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2015
Updated Feb 23, 2015

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Capgemini Consulting.

I got a referral from an employee and HR was very quick about following up with me. The HR screen was fairly standard- typical behavioral questions. There were no surprises there and I had a fairly good chat with the HR person. The HR person then moved me to the next stage. I was interested in a specific practice area of a local office.

HR then scheduled a video conversation with a consultant from a different office in the same practice area. I think I got unlucky with my interviewer. My interviewer was very hard to reach. My interview was not scheduled until the last minute (the day before) and I had sent several emails trying to reach out to them. I got the sense that my interviewer did not have the same criteria for recuirting as the local office did.

The consultant screen was fairly standard behavioral questions. Usually there is supposed to be a minicase but I did not get one. I got the sense that even though the local office I was applying to was open to taking people from non-traditional business background (aka non-MBA backgrounds), my particular interviewer was not open to this.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you resolved a conflict on a team.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini Consulting.

I met them when they were at my campus of Bowling Green State University. I interviewed with the recruiter and then with his upper management. After those initial interviews I made it to the next round and was offered a full expense paid trip to Chicago to go through the final rounds of interviews.Everyone was very polite and friendly. It was an exceptional atmosphere and yet highly professional.

Interview Questions
    • They gave a business case and requested the solution that you would provide for the customer with the business issue.   Answer Question

Staff Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Capgemini Consulting.

I applied for the position through campus recruiting. Before selecting people for interviews, there were a couple of info session and meet and greets held on campus. I made sure to attend all of them and I believe that is what got my foot in the door. From there, it was the first round interviews. The first round was a basic 30 minute behavioral interview. A few days later, I was selected for second rounds which consisted of two 30 minute behavioral interviews and one 30 minute case interview.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral interview questions were pretty straight forward. The case was about a business and how to improve communication and strategy.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Capgemini Consulting in November 2014.

Preliminary phone call which just asked if you were alright with traveling and if you were eligible to work in the US, took less than 10 minutes. Second round phone interview with a current Business Analyst. Seemed very disconnected and disinterested from the start, gave short answers to my questions and was in a hurry to finish the interview.

Staff Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capgemini Consulting in October 2014.

1st round - Behavioral questions such as "tell me about a time when you had to manage a situation where you under achieved goal/assignment" "tell me about a time when you had a difficulty leading and what you had to do to resolve the issue"

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Capgemini Consulting in October 2014.

University student, graduating senior. Job was posted on our careers page. On-campus interview, followed by four on-site interviews at their local office. The onsite interviews and on campus screen were very similar, you just had four of them. Three of the interviews were mostly behavior (how you react to situations, talk about experience, etc) and one of them was a case study. I had one about how to administer new tools for a health care company to help keep things more organized.

Fairly straightforward, they just want to see how you think and explain/back up your answers. Overall process for the interviews was fairly quick (turnaround time between on campus and office was about a week) but it took almost 2 months before I got the offer (I assumed I didn't get it after the first month) and went to pursue other things.

Interview Questions

Holding out on other jobs that I was a little more interested in.

Staff Consultant Interview

Went from campus interviews to office interviews. 2 Interviews were good last one was with a man who decided to browse the internet the entire time and didnt want to talk and was very short with every answer.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think you would be doing for the company as a consultant   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capgemini Consulting.

Had an initial phone interview that was primarily behavioral and was asked to come in for a formal interview at the Chicago office. I then met with 2 Principles, Managing Consultant and Senior Consultant. The interview process was relatively painless. There was one case study where the Principle will really have you dive deep in the case, but it really is more an open discussion where they want to see how you think. It was much different than the "typical" case study one may see at McKinsey or Booz. Maintain your confidence, think critically and have fun. Honestly, they want to see if they can sit in a room for 12 hours a day and get along with you. The remaining interviews focused on your experience and it was more a discussion that an interview that peppered you with questions. I do remember getting a few of the standard questions; What has been the most challenging obstacle you faced in your career and how did you overcome it? Describe a time when you had to lead a group and how did you succeed?

I received a call the next day that the team wanted to move forward but had to get the buy in from senior leadership. This is where things went downhill. It took 3/4 follow ups over the course of 5 weeks with HR to finally receive the offer. I had honestly lost faith that I was no longer a candidate for the position. I have a feeling that if I didn't constantly follow up every week I would not have received the offer. The communication was average at best.

The poor communication concerned me, but the overall feeling I left the interview with that it would be a great "fit" won over and I accepted the position.

Interview Questions
    I asked for a signing bonus and they were unwilling to move.

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capgemini Consulting in June 2014.

First round was easy
    2nd round was easy but the last guy did not even look me in the eye, stayed on his computer the whole time and kept asking me to repeat myself.

Interview Questions
    • What Can you bring to Capgemini as an engineer that an MBA student could not?   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Capgemini Consulting.

A fair, technically demanding interview.

Interview Questions
    • I cannot reveal the technical questions I was asked, as that will compromise my identity. You had better know your stuff, though, or be prepared to admit you don't! Two of the questions I was asked were, in my opinion, a bit esoteric - I really didn't know the answers, and was thrown for a loop.   Answer Question