Capgemini

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capgemini in July 2013.

I had a total of 3 phone interviews on 3 separate occasions. Then I had an in office interview which I met 4 more people. The interview process was pretty straight forward. There wasn't any trick question. I guess they just wanted to see if I am comfortable and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
  • Don't really have one. Everything is quite on the surface level.   Answer Question
It was much negotiation. I thought the overall compensation is fair.

Other Interview Reviews for Capgemini

Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini.

Number of interviews: three. First one was a general interview with practice manager. Second one was with peers (very senior consultants) based on a case study question. Third one was with HR about salary etc.

Interview Questions
    • Business case study was difficult (very generalised). Prepare to think on your feet.   Answer Question
    I gave my initial expectations of salary $120k. I was offered salary at $110K.

Managing Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini in April 2012.

* directly appied through their website
    * three weeks later, received invite to telephone interview
    * had to chase - three weeks later - for outcome
    * received invite to assessment day - which was a shambles
    * it was an EVENING 'assessment day' (WORST time of day for people to be at their best) - so much for putting the candidate first, which they stated it was important to make us feel comfortable!
    * questions were about self and evidence, yet feedback was about lack of pyramid selling (ie - how would you sell in more consultants) - unethical in my opinion. Commercial balance is required and more fair for customer yet able to increase revenue (my approach) - NOT pyramid selling! Cap didn't call it that - but called it 'selling more consultants'. No difference in my opinion.
    * did not follow through on promises regarding timescales
    * alot of other things went subjectively, not allowing for discussion - not clear on their marking scheme,

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copenhagen (Denmark)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copenhagen (Denmark)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Capgemini in October 2011.

I was asked by a former manager, whether I wanted to join. Until then I had never thought about join Capgemini.

Normally their first interview is with a chief consultant and second with the unit manager/COO. For me it was with the COO first, because of the executive referral. The high-level though didn't seem to influence the hiring decision.

The first interview was very open and honest in a good atmosphere and I left with a quite good impression.

After the first interview I was asked to to a skills test. At second interview a HR manager went through the analysis and told me nothing prevented me from getting the job. I then had a new interview with the COO and a chief consultant. Again, same pleasant atmosphere.

A few days later they called and offered me a position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a project you have managed that has failed   Answer Question
    They were pretty tough on the compensation package with only few possibilities of adjustments.

Focus on other elements than salary. Bonus scheme can be negotiated. Also, get them to skip the 3 month "trial period" (will give you 3 months extra pension).

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Utrecht (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Utrecht (Netherlands)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Capgemini in June 2011.

I started from applying for an internship in Capgemini. Then I got a job orientation interview from the management consulting team. Then first round is about personality test. Second round is more technical. In the third round I was interviewed by the direct supervisor of the position.

Interview Questions
    • How would you communicate with the finance department of a company which is going to be took over and the morale there is low?   Answer Question