Capgemini Interview Questions & Reviews in Georgia

24 interviews

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capgemini.

Campus interviews are for the Staff Consultant.
    Senior Consultants, Managers and Senior Managers are mostly recruited through network or through job postings. Consider yourself lucky if you find someone competitive.

Interview Questions
    • There is a set pattern and standard of questions for campus hires. For Senior Consultants, Managers and Senior Managers , it mostly depends on the interviewee.
      Consider yourself lucky if you find someone competitive.
        Answer Question
    Salary is negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Capgemini in October 2011.

Pre-Interview Stage:
    Essentially, the key is to meet and talk to as many people as you can, as often as you can, and the way to do this is to go to as many events as you can; career fair booth (a must), meet and greet (possible to skip, but why give up on free pizza?), and the orientation (a must). If enough people like you, you will be considered for an on-campus interview.

On-Campus Interview:
    More than likely, this will be conducted by someone who has been with the company for about a year to two years. Experienced staff consultant to senior consultant level. Will ask mainly questions about resume, why consulting, what do you know about Capgemini, what do you know about consulting. Essentially the standard boiler plate consulting-type questions. I don't remember this interview being essentially difficult.

On-Site Interview:
    If you are selected to move forward, you will be invited on-site for 2-3 1:1 interviews. It has definitely changed since I was extended an offer. These interviews are conducted by more senior people; experienced managers to principal-level. Depending on who you get paired up with depends on how your interview will go; I was paired up with someone who tried to see if I was lying about my programming background and kept on asking more and more specific questions. The other interviewer wanted to see how I thought on my feet and asked me a lot of hypothetical questions. I've heard tales of some interviewers just flat out trying to see if they could get their interviewees to cry.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a manager and you were tasked to pick a team, how would you go about picking a team? What if someone that you chose to be on your team wanted to be on another role?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capgemini.

The interview process consisted of three rounds. The first round was an on-campus 30 minute interview, the second was an on-site interview in the Atlanta office and consisted of three 30 minute interviews. The final round was a phone interview with a senior partner that lasted around 30 minutes. The questions were fairly standard behavioral based, the only exception being a case study during the on-site interviews.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were not that difficult, mainly behavioral based. The case study was not difficult either. The only one that was somewhat difficult asked was "How do you think you will handle the coding, since your background is not in computer engineering?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

They first came to campus, and they conducted a 45 minute interview in person. It was a basic behavioral based interview. They just wanted to assess your personality, behavior, and qualifications.

They followed up a week later with an interview on site. It consisted of three interviews, and they took about 30-40 minutes each. The last interview contained a case study and questions. Most questions were behavioral, company, and industry related to see if you could fit into their culture. They wanted to assess your desire to hold the job, and whether it would be a good fit for you. They also wanted to assess your qualifications and behaviors.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Capgemini in February 2014.

Applied through a consultancy and got the call within two days. manager was very friendly and he set up a telephonic interview next day.
    Called 15 minutes late for telephonic interview.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions were more on Administrative activities. Support related questions. i was expecting development questions.   Answer Question

Program Manager Intern – Supply Chain Operations Position Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Georgia Institute of Technology Branch Post Office, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Georgia Institute of Technology Branch Post Office, GA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Capgemini in October 2013.

It was straightforward. They emailed me and gave me available times to pick from. I sent a reply back as courteous as possible. The interview was difficult for me because I was very unprepared. The interview had very standard and straightforward questions in it, but they often threw me for a loop.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Capgemini in November 2013.

Met a Principle at a campus recruiting event. He gave me his contact information, I reached out and got no response but was invited to do an on campus interview about two weeks later.

On campus interview was simple and behavioral and was mostly based on the content of my resume. The interviewer was serious and asked intermediately difficult questions about strategies used at my previous internships and jobs. I was contacted about a week later by email and invited to the final round at the Atlanta office.

Final round consisted of three interviews. You are assigned a "buddy" that hangs out with you in-between, possibly evaluating you on social skills etc. Each interview lasted about 30 minutes and increased in difficulty and intensity. The first interviewer was behavioral, very relaxed and conversational, basically just asks high level questions about yourself and your resume. The second interviewer was stand-offish and challenged almost every single job or claim on my resume. He points out everything that is wrong with your resume and makes you defend it. The third interviewer was conducted by two more senior level guys. They try to be extremely intimidating right off the bat. They challenge why you think you want to be a consultant, why you think you want to work at Cap, why you stand out from other candidates etc. They give you a case study which you must complete on the spot. After I completed it they told me I was exactly correct and the attitude completely changed and it felt like a first round behavioral interview.

Interview Questions
    • Case Study - Scenario is that a company hires Cap to outfit their traveling salesmen with new technology to solve a set of issues they are experiences. It lists several specific problems and prioritizes the company's goals for the project, it then gives you about 10 options to choose from and have you pick the 3 that would best serve the clients goals.   Answer Question
    Yes, I was able to negotiate up in salary and was given an additional bonus.

Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Capgemini in July 2013.

I had a total of 3 phone interviews on 3 separate occasions. Then I had an in office interview which I met 4 more people. The interview process was pretty straight forward. There wasn't any trick question. I guess they just wanted to see if I am comfortable and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • Don't really have one. Everything is quite on the surface level.   Answer Question
    It was much negotiation. I thought the overall compensation is fair.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Capgemini in October 2012.

I applied to Capgemini through my university careers website. I soon had a preliminary phone "screening," which was simple enough. Very general and basic behavioral questions, and the person asked me to elaborate on some of the more unique aspects of my resume, like my study abroad experience. About 10 minutes after the call ended, I received an email from that exact person letting me know that they were forwarding my application on to the next and final round, the office interview in Atlanta. They were also kind enough to give me some feedback on my interview skills.

When the day for the final round of interviews arrived, I showed up at the office and the session began with a warm welcome and mixing session over breakfast with some Capgemini staff. This was to be followed with three interviews. The first interview involved a very easy case and some behavioral questions. The gentleman interviewing me seemed to be impressed with most of my responses.

The second interview is where I think I lost the job offer. From the moment my interviewer walked in, it seemed like he had already decided he didn't like me. He smirked the entire time, was arrogantly dismissive of some of my responses, and even answered his phone in the middle of the interview. It was kind of shocking. I had read of interviews like this occurring, and kind of not believing it but it was exactly what happened to me and seemed to be out of my control.

The third interviewer was a very nice and casual lady who spoke to me about where my strengths would fit in the company. The way she was talking was definitely more of like a "when" you get an offer, not "if."

A few weeks later I got an email late in the evening letting me know that I would not be receiving an offer. It was still a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • How would you relate your non-technical major to a technical career?   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Capgemini.

Met other staff consultants at campus career fair and got an on-campus interview. Interviewed with one senior consultant on-campus, then went thru to second rounds in the Atlanta office. Interviewed with three different employees for 30 minutes each, including one Principal. One interview covered a brief case study.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you better than all of our other candidates? Proceeded to answer this question several times as the interviewer kept shooting down my responses.   Answer Question
    You are able to negotiate a little bit, but I was unaware of this at the time my offer was extended. You can also negotiate starting date. I recommend starting earlier in the summer than in August, as there are three starting classes for the summer new hires.

Worked for Capgemini? Contribute to the Community!