Capgemini Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.9

Développeur Java Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pau, Aquitaine (France)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Capgemini (Pau, Aquitaine (France)).

Interview

Un entretien téléphonique RH relativement classique, abordant par exemple les motivations, la façon de travailler en équipe, citer des situations de stress.
    Un second entretien, en vis à vis avec le Project Manager, qui présente la division.
    Un test de logique. Dominos, QI assez simple.
    Un entretien technique avec un Tech Lead. Les questions varient en fonction du poste recherché.

Interview Questions

• Quel rôle aimez vous jouer au sein d'une équipe (de football par exemple)   Answer Question

Staff Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capgemini (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

After passing a basic phone interview, I interviewed in the Houston office for an SAP staff consultant role. Three different interviews with three different members of staff. Make sure you show up early so you have time to look over the case study! It's not a very traditional case study--they leave it very open ended so you can talk it through with them. Just make sure that you have lots of angles you have considered on the case and lots of questions that you would want to explore further.

Overall, I had a great experience. Everyone was friendly and kind to me, and it felt very conversational. Prove that you know some industry terminology, prove that you can interact with people (even difficult ones) well, and prove that you are good at thinking about case studies. There is no "right" answer, they just want to see that you understand basic business principles when thinking about problems.

After the interview I was told I would be contacted in 2 weeks, but it really took 4 before they extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you failed at something? Why did it happen? What would you do differently?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Capgemini (Delhi (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

first of all apti test then pearson test and then interview were conducted. apti test round was shortlisting round . almost all people cleared pearson english test. interview were done by different panels.
    2 rounds of interview were done

Interview Questions

• resume griling and personality test. questions were asked about interest and department of joining.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Capgemini (Bangalore (India)) in April 2014.

Interview

1. Technical Interview (Average type of questions)
    2. Managerial Interview (few technical questions like What domain have you worked for??, and also, questions like location/re-location, distance, travelling, etc.)
    3. HR Round of Interview (Very less (basic hike only) hike)

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about your career.
      2. Tell me about your project.

Linux Fresher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Capgemini (Mumbai (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

1)Aptitude
    2)Technical
    3)HR
    Firstly they take an aptitude test which is 1 hr and 50 questions. Then they schedule interview later in the week for technical.
    In technical they ask you questions based on your resume. So prepare well on the topics mentioned in your resume.

Interview Questions

• 1)Boot process
      2)LVM
      3)commands
      4)DHCP, SAMBA, APACHE servers

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Capgemini (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

Found the position on my university's job board, the recruiter called me for an initial interview than after I had 2 phone interviews with 2 other employees from their Illinois office. Then, the final round was in the Atlanta office (where I live). The interview was ok...it consisted of a group presentation where I had to team up with the other interviewees and present our solution to a problem. The second part of the interview was a case study that I prepared for beforehand. For the case study, I started off presenting my case study then they asked me a few questions after it was over, then only 1 or 2 questions about something on my resume. Overall the experience was intermediate/easy. One thing I did not like however was that there was no formal introduction/orientation for the interview. I came in, interviewed, and left, with no one introducing themselves to me, and no presentation of who capgemini is, what we offer, etc. It was just a bit strange compared to my other interviews I've had with firms such as PwC, KPMG, etc. However I ended up choosing it since it was my best offer...

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rome (Italy)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini (Rome (Italy)).

Interview

Process stared with a phone interview (about 1 hr). After 1 week had a face to face interview (3 hrs) in Rome Office.
    They ask few question about studies and interests.
    Final interview is quite technical + English Test

Interview Questions

• Several questions about Linux File System, Java Core, Object Oriented Programming, Database, SQL, Software metrics   Answer Question

Linux Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Capgemini (Pune (India)) in June 2014.

Interview

There was a smooth telephonic interview process.
    I had been interviewed first by HR for salary discussion and compatibility check for the requirement.
    Then technical interview and manager round. that's it !!

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewed on-site at South SF office for entry-level consulting role in General Practice. Behavioral and case interview over a period of about 2 hours total. I was told I would interview with a manager and a VP at the firm. I arrived about ten minutes early, but was made to wait longer than usual. I never ended up interviewing with either of the two people mentioned.

Instead, a different first interviewer came about ten minutes late, and curtly directed me to follow him. He put the case interview on me first, which was not the order I expected. Case wasn't too bad and the interviewer was reasonably responsive during the process, although he played with his smartphone in plain sight while I was working on computations, and could act cold at times during the interview. Was not very friendly.

They then put me back in the lobby. I could clearly see the woman VP I was supposed to interview with, but they shifted me to another VP in the company. The other VP made me wait about 20 minutes in the lobby before the next (behavioral) interview. He initially started off nice and friendly, but quickly became condescending and commanding. There was no structure for the interview. He seemed to instead try picking up on various parts of whatever we were talking about and would become combative and insult me. He also asked me where I was from at the start of the interview, even though that's against the law.

I started talking about a research project I was doing, and he asked me to explain it. He became extremely cocky and aggressive. He started vehemently attacking parts of my project, even insulting me as ignorant. He commanded me to give a presentation in front of him about my project by drawing slides on his white board. He would frequently cut me off and tell me I had only a few seconds left. He commanded me to tell him what the most major flaw in my project was. He kept telling me my answers were wrong before asserting that something else was my project's fatal flaw, as if he was speaking down to a child.

He proceeded to ask me about a recent news event and my thoughts on it. Whenever I brought up a viewpoint and backed it up, he kept cutting me off and told me I was wrong, wrong, wrong. He cut me off multiple times before I stated I would stick with my answer/opinion on the news event.

He then gave me a brainteaser and I started to work through it on his whiteboard. As I was doing so, he started to interrupt me and mock me for not knowing the correct number for the population of SF. He asked "Don't you read those signs on the Golden Gate or Bay Bridge while you are driving?" Since he seemed to know, I asked him to offer what the correct population number for SF was. He refused to do so. After finishing he further mocked me and asked how I could be a PS major or be from California, and not know the exact population of SF. He asked "You call yourself a political science major and don't even know the population of San Francisco? Do you not even care?" I stayed silent, but he kept egging me on, saying "No, really, do you not really care?" I said "No, I..." before he cut me off and said "Oh, so you don't care?!" I said that no, that wasn't it, that I simply did not have the number of SF population at that time.

After this dressing down, he concluded the interview. Overall, a very, very rude and denigrating experience, and from a VP with over ten years experience with the firm who was very abusive to a college student interviewing at his firm.

Interview Questions

• Are you the type of person who just makes assumptions without even thinking?

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iaşi (Romania)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini (Iaşi (Romania)) in March 2014.

Interview

Everything went as usual, telephone interview, then some tests and finally HR interview. It was a good offer in the end but I got another one meanwhile but I believe that they represent a serious company.