Capgemini Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2014
Updated Oct 19, 2014

2.9

Lead Consultant/Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Capgemini.

The interview process is detailed goes throught multiple round technical plus hr rounds.
    Technical round can be very detailed. The HR round is very generic.
    The technical round can be divied in multiple round one would be taken by technical lead and a manager .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

A behavioural interview followed with a case study. The whole process lasts for an hour and interviewers are very friendly in general.

Interview Questions
    • Estimate the no. of people who engage in online transaction monthly in the US.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini.

They first came to campus, and they conducted a 45 minute interview in person. It was a basic behavioral based interview. They just wanted to assess your personality, behavior, and qualifications.

They followed up a week later with an interview on site. It consisted of three interviews, and they took about 30-40 minutes each. The last interview contained a case study and questions. Most questions were behavioral, company, and industry related to see if you could fit into their culture. They wanted to assess your desire to hold the job, and whether it would be a good fit for you. They also wanted to assess your qualifications and behaviors.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capgemini in March 2014.

I first heard about Capgemini through my school's career website. I submitted my resume, and I got a call for an on campus interview. Before the interview, I got an email, telling me to come out to a dinner event. There, I got to meet a few consultants and ask them questions. They were all quite nice and had varied experiences. It was a pretty welcoming environment, although it was a bit more professional. Just make sure to do your research, have good, honest questions ready(don't just ask questions for the sake of asking questions), and above all, listen to their experiences. They like talking about their travels more than their work. They like talking about the fun things about work, rather than the monotony.

The interview was pretty standard. I had dinner with my interviewer the night before, so I was already comfortable with him. Standard behavioral questions: Why capgemini? Why do you want to be a consultant? Why are your skills relevant to this position? Times when you encountered challenges as a team leader? etc.
    I believe that I succeeded in this interview, because 1) I related every single question to how I am a good fit to the position(make sure to be brief!) 2)I was prepared to say why capgemini fascinated me(BE HONEST) and 3) I told them a little bit about how my interests, work ethics, and career goals related to my life philosophy. I think my interviewer liked, not only the content of my answers, but also the succinct and logical way I presented them.

Fast forward- three weeks later.

I went in for a final round interview at the Chicago office, and the day was broken up into the following:

1. Behavioral Interview - Pretty standard. Very similar to the one I had with my first interviewer. The guy that interviewed me talked about his previous work in virtual reality technologies which was very cool to hear about. It went relatively well. I think he enjoyed talking about his non-capgemini work as well. He really appreciated the fact that I asked about his background and experience before he joined capgemini, so I would recommend asking this to your interviewer.

2. Stress Interview - My interviewer was very difficult to read. He was unresponsive to my answers(purposely so, i think), but by the end he softened up(Smile Often!) and lo and behold! the interview began to resemble the first one. I got very lucky. I could have gotten someone very aggressive rather than unresponsive, but no matter what, I think what helped was telling myself before hand that this is all a test. Don't crumble. Don't get nervous. Don't get defensive. Don't get angry, and DO NOT ramble. They want to test you. (They know that college grads don't have all the answers put together. They were probably equally as nervous when they were our age) All they want is for you to calmly defend yourself. Even if they call you out on something, and you have no rebuttal, stay calm. Sometimes the best thing to do is to ask the interviewer to elaborate on his critique. Demonstrate that you seek to understand before arguing. Show that you listen before speaking.

3. Case Study - The case study was a simple business case scenario where my interviewer played the part of a pharmaceuticals client who wanted to know why he was losing revenue. Its much more of a conversation, and he guided me to a lot of questions as well. I got flustered a little bit, but he was an amiable enough of a guy that I didn't feel too pressured. He cracked some pretty solid jokes in my case study that gave me some honest laughs.
    After the case study, he asked me what I would do if a client asked me to do something in ten minutes that I had no idea how to do. I gave him a complex answer on how I would pull together resources and stall for time and etc, and after my answer, he simply smiles and says, "no, you would tell your client the truth."

It dawned to me that although Capgemini looks for intelligent and talented people, what is most important for any company is that candidates are ethical. The health of the work environment and the company's reputation depend on kind people that deal with their clients honestly. Even though we have this image of a consultant as these number crunching, networking masters, part of being a good consultant is also being good to your clients and coworkers.

I got an email in two weeks saying that they would pursued other candidates, but they also told me that if I ever want to interview with them again, to let them know.

My three pieces are:

Be Honest Be Kind Be Calm

This may be a bit too sappy for glassdoor, and I know a lot of you guys may be looking for that one secret thing to say to your interviewers that will blow them away, or that one integral tip to toppling capgemini case studies, but the truth is, there is no secret. Just be yourself...

But also, i got pretty lucky to have three great interviewers who I was able to converse with pretty well. Your interviewers could be a bit tougher.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Capgemini.

Was contacted in a flurry of emails and calls by several people. Had a phone interview finally, which went very well, then didn't hear from anyone for two months. Finally called me back in for an in-person interview and was hired within two days after that. However, they weren't ready for me (no computer) for four full business days after my start date.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini in March 2014.

Basic campus recruiting process. Met with consultant at career fair, expressed high interest in consulting and consulting lifestyle (always traveling). Was contacted by the consultant saying that I was invited for a interview on campus the following week. Was very early to the interview, the person before me didn't show up so I got to go early. Even though this is a great paying job people will miss their interview... He was nice but dry, cutting to the point many times, he appreciated short factual answers. Not long drawn out stories. The most important question is definitely, why do you want be a consultant and why Capgemini? Be ready to wow them. I was asked this again in the second round. Overall the first interview was quite pleasant. Take every opportunity to sell yourself, show your fire.

Was contacted the same day that I was invited for the second round in their corporate office. 3 30 minute rounds will take place. Get their early enough to review the case study and don't get to chatty with the other consultants and interviewees, its like they are trying to distract you and feel you out. You will also be given a buddy, be careful what you project, ask them questions about their expertise and experiences with Capgemini. They will do most of the talking if you let them.

Make sure you understand your body language, as all the interviewers will be gauging your behavior. Have examples of good communication, team work, leadership, and presentation skills, the first two interviews will touch on those. The second interviewer had a bit of a "snarky" era making small faces, looking at ringing phone/text/email, challenging my examples, etc. They want to see you flustered and how you respond.

Be sure you have enough time to read the case study, once you get in the room they will have a list of objections changing what you've been thinking of the whole time. The most important part is to know how to explain yourself and ask effective questions.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Capgemini in March 2014.

I met first with a recruiter at my university's career fair, where I submitted my resume. I attended an on-campus information session (in New York City) where I gave my resume to an employee in the Financial Services consulting division. I was contacted shortly after for an HR phone interview (basic questions like salary expectation), then a second phone interview with a member of the practice who asked questions about my experience, why Capgemini, what can you bring to this position, etc. After over two weeks of waiting I was called in for an in-person interview. A case study was provided several days prior to the interview, which we were to present. My presentation took about an hour. The second in-person interview (on the same day) involved tests of presentation skills, defending an argument, persuading someone to accept your argument and other questions related to your experience and how it relates to the position.

Interview Questions
    • Using this whiteboard or a piece of paper, explain to me why I should hire you.

Case study given several days prior to the interview that was 5-6 pages long involving data sets and a fictive e-mail correspondence between employees at a bank. There were no direct instructions, but we were told to prepare a presentation analyzing the issues in the case.
        Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Capgemini.

Easy if you are referred by employee

Interview Questions
    • Will try to get your salary pushed down in negotiations   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini.

Very straight forward. Took three weeks to finish. Everyone was nice and helpful. Office is very well organized. The first round was a phone screen. The second round had a case study and a presentation. Offer was announced the day after.

Staff Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Capgemini.

Includes and on-campus interview, and a series of 3 in-office interviews (on the same day). One is a basic case study.

Interview Questions
    • Business case is pretty basic - seems the thought process is more important than the actual answer. One interviewer really threw me off by acting distracted/disinterested/interrupting, but this seemed to be more of a behavioral interview.   View Answer