Capgemini

Updated Jan 27, 2015

2.9

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Capgemini in March 2014.

I met first with a recruiter at my university's career fair, where I submitted my resume. I attended an on-campus information session (in New York City) where I gave my resume to an employee in the Financial Services consulting division. I was contacted shortly after for an HR phone interview (basic questions like salary expectation), then a second phone interview with a member of the practice who asked questions about my experience, why Capgemini, what can you bring to this position, etc. After over two weeks of waiting I was called in for an in-person interview. A case study was provided several days prior to the interview, which we were to present. My presentation took about an hour. The second in-person interview (on the same day) involved tests of presentation skills, defending an argument, persuading someone to accept your argument and other questions related to your experience and how it relates to the position.

Interview Questions
    • Using this whiteboard or a piece of paper, explain to me why I should hire you.

Case study given several days prior to the interview that was 5-6 pages long involving data sets and a fictive e-mail correspondence between employees at a bank. There were no direct instructions, but we were told to prepare a presentation analyzing the issues in the case.

Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Capgemini.

Easy if you are referred by employee

Interview Questions
    • Will try to get your salary pushed down in negotiations   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini.

Very straight forward. Took three weeks to finish. Everyone was nice and helpful. Office is very well organized. The first round was a phone screen. The second round had a case study and a presentation. Offer was announced the day after.

Staff Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Capgemini.

Includes and on-campus interview, and a series of 3 in-office interviews (on the same day). One is a basic case study.

Interview Questions
    • Business case is pretty basic - seems the thought process is more important than the actual answer. One interviewer really threw me off by acting distracted/disinterested/interrupting, but this seemed to be more of a behavioral interview.   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capgemini.

Communication about the location and duration of the interview was good. Had a 4 hr interview process with 3 levels of people i.e. Manager, Sr. Manager and account VP. Good situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • How can your previous experience in managing IT projects that are not related to software development help us   Answer Question
    Difficult. Whatever the recruiter promises, is not what they offer. Confirm salary and posiiton in paper, before accepting the offer

Staff Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Capgemini in February 2014.

I was referred to the position by a friend of mine. Went through a phone interview which went well, from there i was part of the candidates who was selected for a in house interview. I interviewed with two senior consultants, One of them focused on a case interview, the other one on behavioral interview.

Interview Questions
    • Make sure you prepare your self for the case interview, you will discuss the case as if you were the consultant.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Capgemini in February 2014.

Applied through a consultancy and got the call within two days. manager was very friendly and he set up a telephonic interview next day.
    Called 15 minutes late for telephonic interview.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions were more on Administrative activities. Support related questions. i was expecting development questions.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini.

I applied through a college career center website, and I got called in to interview on campus a few weeks later. Outside of the interview room, additional Capgemini consultants were there to answer any questions/introduce yourself to before the actual interview. Everyone was extremely personable and friendly. The actual interview, however, was really awkward. My interviewer asked a lot of random situational questions that seemed really off the wall. The gaps between questions were uncomfortable…it just wasn't a good interview to say the least. Pretty unfortunate as well because the job sounded like something I would have loved.

Interview Questions
    • Do you feel it is important to work with people of many different cultures and backgrounds? Why? (or something like that)   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Capgemini.

Interview process consisted of three interviews. One with a Sr Consultant, one with a Manager or above and one with a Sr. Manager or above. The interview questions ranged anywhere from behavioral to situational/hypothetical questions (ex: how many people are wearing purple shirts right now or how many airplanes are flying over the sky right now). There used to be a one hour case study exam, which was a bit tough to get through in the time allotted, that was used to judge your logic and problem solving skills...but I think they got rid of it.

They also had you do a fake sales pitch/presentation about something you were passionate about. The interviews and questions differ depending on who you have interviewing you.

Interview Questions
    • How many airplanes are flying over the USA right now? It was more challenging than difficult and did challenge your through process which I loved.   View Answer
    Not much room for negotiation. Same with my colleagues

Senior SAP Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Capgemini in December 2013.

they keep you hanging around and i had 9 interviews and answered same questions time and time again. Obviously, no one there communicates with each other

not a good company