Capgemini

Relevance Date Difficulty

Java Developer Interview

Java Developer
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Capgemini in August 2013.

Interview Details – It was a terrible experience! First a recruiter will call you and set up a skype interview in two weeks! Initially, the recruiter will scare you about tough and challenging interviews capgemini is famous for.. and exactly the same thing happens while interviewing... I come from biomedical field and pursuing masters in bioinformatics, however, I do have 2 to 3 years of experience in java support with TCS! Height of irrelevant interview questions::

What projects did you do in java during M.S. or B.S.? How its possible even to think of java wen I am studying bio.. OMG! expression on my face..even after reading my resume they could ask me this question..
I was expecting about What is java? method overloading? method overriding? Write a simple code in java? and PL/SQL thing? .. which were relevant to work exp. on my resume!
That man, never asked me what is on my resume...... Well he asked me like this ===>
What is dynamic dispatch method? ( Its a C++ or C# terminology).. which in JAVA means dynamic polymorphism..? Why can't they ask straight forward if both means and work exactly the same way but in different environments or languages... Well that was it and I got caught off guard in first question itself...
What is RMI? .... A JSP question... I have never worked in JSP at all..
What are virtual methods? ....again polymorphism.. but these words you won't speak in java.. so beware and read thoroughly the ORACLE tutorials for JAVA.
How would you make connection to database without using username and password? Passing password is not secure.. how to make a connection?
If client provides you only with HTML pages and says retrieve records through HTML pages and make a DB connection? How will you do?
Can main method be overridden? If not how to achieve overriding of it? Can static method be overridden? (easy question was happy :))
How to achieve multiple inheritance in java using classes and not interfaces?
Given subclass and super class.. Which constructor is invoked? what is output? Hierarchy of constructor?

DO NOT JUST MUG UP THE 110 JAVA interview questions you will find online..Better read at least 1 java book in detail and try to answer questions logically and not just vomit out everything you have mugged up like a parrot.. 2-3 days before of your interview...if you come from non-computer science background!!!
Answer all questions strategically.. Because If they catch you in one of your questions..they will tear you apart and cross questions' you and confuse you..

Policy Consultant Interview

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Capgemini in August 2013.

Interview Details – A recruited out to me first for a phone interview. I was then selected to come for an interview at their DC headquarters, meeting with three different members. Felt a bit out of place, because I kept getting asked about my "data mining" and SQL skills. Other candidates were programmers. Still haven't heard response on my interview after 3+ weeks.

Interview Question – How would you improve processes within the government using SQL?   Answer Question

Architect Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview Details – Interview process moves fast. Technical interview was pretty light.

Interview Question – Did not have any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Staff Consultant Interview

Staff Consultant
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Capgemini in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied to Capgemini through my university careers website. I soon had a preliminary phone "screening," which was simple enough. Very general and basic behavioral questions, and the person asked me to elaborate on some of the more unique aspects of my resume, like my study abroad experience. About 10 minutes after the call ended, I received an email from that exact person letting me know that they were forwarding my application on to the next and final round, the office interview in Atlanta. They were also kind enough to give me some feedback on my interview skills.

When the day for the final round of interviews arrived, I showed up at the office and the session began with a warm welcome and mixing session over breakfast with some Capgemini staff. This was to be followed with three interviews. The first interview involved a very easy case and some behavioral questions. The gentleman interviewing me seemed to be impressed with most of my responses.

The second interview is where I think I lost the job offer. From the moment my interviewer walked in, it seemed like he had already decided he didn't like me. He smirked the entire time, was arrogantly dismissive of some of my responses, and even answered his phone in the middle of the interview. It was kind of shocking. I had read of interviews like this occurring, and kind of not believing it but it was exactly what happened to me and seemed to be out of my control.

The third interviewer was a very nice and casual lady who spoke to me about where my strengths would fit in the company. The way she was talking was definitely more of like a "when" you get an offer, not "if."

A few weeks later I got an email late in the evening letting me know that I would not be receiving an offer. It was still a good experience.

Interview Question – How would you relate your non-technical major to a technical career?   View Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Capgemini in January 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was smooth. The worst part was that after the second in-person interview, they left me hanging for a week longer than they said before they let me know I had the job. Within that week, phone message and emails went unanswered. I would have appreciated some acknowledgement instead of being left in limbo.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult situation and how you dealt with it? Not my favorite question and I feel it takes to long to describe the situation, before explaining how I handles it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ask questions about how advancement works.

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capgemini in March 2013.

Interview Details – Strictly phone interviews. Initially spoke with a recruiter, then a HR resource, then a couple of my peers with similar level as me, then the engagement manager, then the group VP. After negotiating my salary, I was hired. Spent one week on boarding with a group of other new employees.

Interview Question – Explain the technology stack at my last employer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, I negotiated and they agreed.

Windows Administrative Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Capgemini in March 2013.

Interview Details – Many behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Trying to figure out what they wanted   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Finance
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Capgemini in May 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process is brief and not much of details are provided to the Candidate. Interviewer are not very skilled with their questions

Interview Question – No difficult questions were provided or I should say nothing too much that had made any business sense   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Newark, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capgemini in July 2013.

Interview Details – After a call from a recruiter, I had a skype call with a hiring manager who asked about my current job and also some interview-iq questions. After that was a trip to a Newark satellite office of theirs where I talked a little bit more about my previous work, and also a technical portion about enterprise java development

Interview Question – Something about different exception types?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Another offer opened up that used a more expressive programming language.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Jersey City, NJ

I applied online - interviewed at Capgemini in August 2013.

Interview Details – Phone screening interview with HR for the first round. Some general behavioral and immediately signed up for the another phone interview. Second phone interview is with someone from the division you are applying and more behavioral questions. Final round is in their office and consist of 3 interviews. One behavioral interview, one case study, and one group exercise. They give you a case prior to the interview to prepare.

Interview Question – Explain to me why Capgemini should hire you using the whiteboard.
Explain to me one of your hobbies and persuade me to learn that hobby.
  Answer Question