Capgemini Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2014
Updated Oct 19, 2014

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

campus interview following career fair

Program Manager Intern – Supply Chain Operations Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Georgia Institute of Technology Branch Post Office, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Capgemini in October 2013.

It was straightforward. They emailed me and gave me available times to pick from. I sent a reply back as courteous as possible. The interview was difficult for me because I was very unprepared. The interview had very standard and straightforward questions in it, but they often threw me for a loop.

Staff Consultant Interview

The Campus Hire interview process consists of an application submission followed by a first and second round interview.

Architect Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini.

Interview process moves fast. Technical interview was pretty light.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Capgemini in August 2013.

Phone screening interview with HR for the first round. Some general behavioral and immediately signed up for the another phone interview. Second phone interview is with someone from the division you are applying and more behavioral questions. Final round is in their office and consist of 3 interviews. One behavioral interview, one case study, and one group exercise. They give you a case prior to the interview to prepare.

Interview Questions
    • Explain to me why Capgemini should hire you using the whiteboard.
      Explain to me one of your hobbies and persuade me to learn that hobby.
        Answer Question

SC Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capgemini.

3 rounds of interviews 1 pure technical, 2nd can be both technical and managerial and last is pure salary negotiation,

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Capgemini in August 2013.

It was a terrible experience! First a recruiter will call you and set up a skype interview in two weeks! Initially, the recruiter will scare you about tough and challenging interviews capgemini is famous for.. and exactly the same thing happens while interviewing... I come from biomedical field and pursuing masters in bioinformatics, however, I do have 2 to 3 years of experience in java support with TCS! Height of irrelevant interview questions::

What projects did you do in java during M.S. or B.S.? How its possible even to think of java wen I am studying bio.. OMG! expression on my face..even after reading my resume they could ask me this question..
    I was expecting about What is java? method overloading? method overriding? Write a simple code in java? and PL/SQL thing? .. which were relevant to work exp. on my resume!
    That man, never asked me what is on my resume...... Well he asked me like this ===>
    What is dynamic dispatch method? ( Its a C++ or C# terminology).. which in JAVA means dynamic polymorphism..? Why can't they ask straight forward if both means and work exactly the same way but in different environments or languages... Well that was it and I got caught off guard in first question itself...
    What is RMI? .... A JSP question... I have never worked in JSP at all..
    What are virtual methods? ....again polymorphism.. but these words you won't speak in java.. so beware and read thoroughly the ORACLE tutorials for JAVA.
    How would you make connection to database without using username and password? Passing password is not secure.. how to make a connection?
    If client provides you only with HTML pages and says retrieve records through HTML pages and make a DB connection? How will you do?
    Can main method be overridden? If not how to achieve overriding of it? Can static method be overridden? (easy question was happy :))
    How to achieve multiple inheritance in java using classes and not interfaces?
    Given subclass and super class.. Which constructor is invoked? what is output? Hierarchy of constructor?

DO NOT JUST MUG UP THE 110 JAVA interview questions you will find online..Better read at least 1 java book in detail and try to answer questions logically and not just vomit out everything you have mugged up like a parrot.. 2-3 days before of your interview...if you come from non-computer science background!!!
    Answer all questions strategically.. Because If they catch you in one of your questions..they will tear you apart and cross questions' you and confuse you..

Policy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini in August 2013.

A recruited out to me first for a phone interview. I was then selected to come for an interview at their DC headquarters, meeting with three different members. Felt a bit out of place, because I kept getting asked about my "data mining" and SQL skills. Other candidates were programmers. Still haven't heard response on my interview after 3+ weeks.

Interview Questions
    • How would you improve processes within the government using SQL?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini in July 2013.

After a call from a recruiter, I had a skype call with a hiring manager who asked about my current job and also some interview-iq questions. After that was a trip to a Newark satellite office of theirs where I talked a little bit more about my previous work, and also a technical portion about enterprise java development

Interview Questions
    • Something about different exception types?   View Answer

Another offer opened up that used a more expressive programming language.

Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capgemini in July 2013.

I had a total of 3 phone interviews on 3 separate occasions. Then I had an in office interview which I met 4 more people. The interview process was pretty straight forward. There wasn't any trick question. I guess they just wanted to see if I am comfortable and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • Don't really have one. Everything is quite on the surface level.   Answer Question
    It was much negotiation. I thought the overall compensation is fair.