Capgemini Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.9

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Capgemini (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Interview process consisted of three interviews. One with a Sr Consultant, one with a Manager or above and one with a Sr. Manager or above. The interview questions ranged anywhere from behavioral to situational/hypothetical questions (ex: how many people are wearing purple shirts right now or how many airplanes are flying over the sky right now). There used to be a one hour case study exam, which was a bit tough to get through in the time allotted, that was used to judge your logic and problem solving skills...but I think they got rid of it.

They also had you do a fake sales pitch/presentation about something you were passionate about. The interviews and questions differ depending on who you have interviewing you.

Interview Questions

• How many airplanes are flying over the USA right now? It was more challenging than difficult and did challenge your through process which I loved.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation. Same with my colleagues

Senior SAP Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Capgemini (Houston, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

they keep you hanging around and i had 9 interviews and answered same questions time and time again. Obviously, no one there communicates with each other

not a good company

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Capgemini (Buffalo Grove, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

Interview process is pretty fine. They take usually 2-3 rounds. and the questions about the interviews depends upon the role and criticality of the projec.t. Mine was strainght forward. It was a critical req so was able to get thru in 2 rounds. the intital round is techincal and was pretty easy. managerial interviews is more or less like HR types.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation was done as i was joining them as a contractor

Staff Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini (Burbank, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied through the university career site. First rounds were held on campus, which was followed by a meet and greet. Then, the second and final round was on site. It was a mini-Super Day comprised of three interviews.

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

I went through almost 7 interviews including HR. HR, tech-screening interview with manager, another interview principal, then face to face with senior manager & Vice President followed by a written case study and then back to HR

Interview Questions

• Techical screening was not so difficult its just some of the other behaviorial questions that can get tricky   Answer Question

Staff Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Capgemini (Atlanta, GA) in November 2013.

Interview

Met a Principle at a campus recruiting event. He gave me his contact information, I reached out and got no response but was invited to do an on campus interview about two weeks later.

On campus interview was simple and behavioral and was mostly based on the content of my resume. The interviewer was serious and asked intermediately difficult questions about strategies used at my previous internships and jobs. I was contacted about a week later by email and invited to the final round at the Atlanta office.

Final round consisted of three interviews. You are assigned a "buddy" that hangs out with you in-between, possibly evaluating you on social skills etc. Each interview lasted about 30 minutes and increased in difficulty and intensity. The first interviewer was behavioral, very relaxed and conversational, basically just asks high level questions about yourself and your resume. The second interviewer was stand-offish and challenged almost every single job or claim on my resume. He points out everything that is wrong with your resume and makes you defend it. The third interviewer was conducted by two more senior level guys. They try to be extremely intimidating right off the bat. They challenge why you think you want to be a consultant, why you think you want to work at Cap, why you stand out from other candidates etc. They give you a case study which you must complete on the spot. After I completed it they told me I was exactly correct and the attitude completely changed and it felt like a first round behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Case Study - Scenario is that a company hires Cap to outfit their traveling salesmen with new technology to solve a set of issues they are experiences. It lists several specific problems and prioritizes the company's goals for the project, it then gives you about 10 options to choose from and have you pick the 3 that would best serve the clients goals.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, I was able to negotiate up in salary and was given an additional bonus.

Staff Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview

They came to our school, I was called for interview which was really easy. No technical questions, it was all behavioral questions.
    Now the worse part, After the interview..they called me next week and told me that I was great in the interview and would like to invite onsite but asked me if I was american citizen.
    I told them No, I am not so they said we are really sorry and emailed me next day that They are pursuing other candidates.
    That is one of the worst policy that they are biased and rejected me because of my nationality. I have another offer now and I know that I will never work for capgemini ever.

Interview Questions

• Nothing, It was very easy interview. Just be ready to speak and know their core values.   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Capgemini (Southfield, MI) in November 2013.

Interview

I got on location interview through on-campus interview from career services. On location, first given a pharmaceutical case to study.Then three rounds of interview, first round was most about open-ended resume questions, second round was the similar. Third round was role play as a consultant.

Interview Questions

• The case was easy, the question were also easy, such as we have this number of employee the need training, and they have to travel constantly, what would you suggest?   Answer Question

PMO Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini in November 2013.

Interview

Note, I was referred by a Capgemini employee:

Was initially contacted by a recruiter, she described the position asked me generic questions about my experience and essentially was looking for a feel of how I would work with the hiring manager.

Then had a phone screen with the hiring manager, he asked me questions on my past experience and what I was looking for. Asked me some technical questions

Then was brought in for a F2F with the hiring manager, he described the position in detail asked me to draw references. Some repeat questions from my phone screen with him. I have had tougher interviews in past.

Last round was to meet with account VP. Lasted about 30 minutes, and asked me some generic questions about myself and was more so a feel for how I would fit within the account.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Always counter, they may be willing to counter back if there is room to fit within the budget.

Manager/Engagement Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini.

Interview

Very simply, no nonsense interview. They hired for a position that was opening up, so had to wait around a bit. It was like being hired as a contractor for a 6 month contract

Interview Questions

• none. They asked about Project Governance which as it turns out is their major challlenge at the moment.   1 Answer

Negotiation

simple, and quick.