Capgemini Java Developer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Capgemini (San Antonio, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

It was a terrible experience! First a recruiter will call you and set up a skype interview in two weeks! Initially, the recruiter will scare you about tough and challenging interviews capgemini is famous for.. and exactly the same thing happens while interviewing... I come from biomedical field and pursuing masters in bioinformatics, however, I do have 2 to 3 years of experience in java support with TCS! Height of irrelevant interview questions::

What projects did you do in java during M.S. or B.S.? How its possible even to think of java wen I am studying bio.. OMG! expression on my face..even after reading my resume they could ask me this question..
I was expecting about What is java? method overloading? method overriding? Write a simple code in java? and PL/SQL thing? .. which were relevant to work exp. on my resume!
That man, never asked me what is on my resume...... Well he asked me like this ===>
What is dynamic dispatch method? ( Its a C++ or C# terminology).. which in JAVA means dynamic polymorphism..? Why can't they ask straight forward if both means and work exactly the same way but in different environments or languages... Well that was it and I got caught off guard in first question itself...
What is RMI? .... A JSP question... I have never worked in JSP at all..
What are virtual methods? ....again polymorphism.. but these words you won't speak in java.. so beware and read thoroughly the ORACLE tutorials for JAVA.
How would you make connection to database without using username and password? Passing password is not secure.. how to make a connection?
If client provides you only with HTML pages and says retrieve records through HTML pages and make a DB connection? How will you do?
Can main method be overridden? If not how to achieve overriding of it? Can static method be overridden? (easy question was happy :))
How to achieve multiple inheritance in java using classes and not interfaces?
Given subclass and super class.. Which constructor is invoked? what is output? Hierarchy of constructor?

DO NOT JUST MUG UP THE 110 JAVA interview questions you will find online..Better read at least 1 java book in detail and try to answer questions logically and not just vomit out everything you have mugged up like a parrot.. 2-3 days before of your interview...if you come from non-computer science background!!!
Answer all questions strategically.. Because If they catch you in one of your questions..they will tear you apart and cross questions' you and confuse you..

Other Interview Reviews for Capgemini

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Capgemini (Bangalore (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

firstly there will be an aptitude test where you will be given 50 questions and they should be solved in
    one hour. quant section is pretty much tough. u need to refer materials to solve the above. verbal and logical are easier when compared to the above. later communication assesment round. where you need to repeat the sentences that were told to you in phone there itself. listen carefully and reply or you will blow your interview.later technical interview. be perfect in basics and its more than enough. later hr round for seeing your personality

Interview Questions

• anything about java mostly basics like jvm architecture. jit compiler and interpreter,garbage collector, hash files.hotspot,heap etc. refer to herbert schildt   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capgemini (Mumbai (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

1.apti
    2.technical interview
    3.telephony interview
    4.hr
    ......i apperared fo apti.....i clr apti den i got a chance to give a interview in d same day.....in d interview dey asked me about static methods ani abstract classes......interfaces.....collections.....only basics

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini (Iaşi (Romania)) in March 2014.

Interview

Everything went as usual, telephone interview, then some tests and finally HR interview. It was a good offer in the end but I got another one meanwhile but I believe that they represent a serious company.

Java Developer Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Capgemini (Madrid (Spain)) in January 2010.

Interview

It consist in half an hour phone interview. The interviewer was a girl of human resources, mos of the chat was about my current project and technologies i was using.