Capgemini

Relevance Date Difficulty

BDM Interview

BDM
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Capgemini in April 2014.

Interview Details – Telephone Interview with VP, then follow up interview with SVP and then a case study / interview with VP and Sales Director.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, have very little time to review the case study, but the things that you need to pick out are very easy.
Capgemini are trying to be more private and less private sector, but I am not sure they really know what that means. From the outside it looks quite like one or two individuals trying to change thousands,,,, good luck with that!
  View Answer

Java Engineer Interview

Java Engineer
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview Details – Took about 2 months - very long. Interview feedback was provided after almost 2 weeks. IT looked like there was no ownership as to who ors the recruiting.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Capgemini in August 2013.

Interview Details – Telephone interview followed by face to face interview a week later

Negotiation Details – No negotiations; salary was pretty much agreed prior to the process otherwise I wouldn't interview.

Very Difficult Interview

Senior SAP Consultant Interview

Senior SAP Consultant
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Capgemini in March 2013.

Interview Details – Telephone interview followed by face-2-face in London

Interview Question – Interviewer more interested in showing how smart he was. Stupid questions like ' what was the name of the character in this film ? ' Interviewer concentrated on attempting to trip me up whilst showing how smart he was, Put me down at every opportunity. Asked questions about things that were not on my CV. Sample question : "how would you have converted the factory you worked at in to a lean manufacturing system ?" my response " i have not worked with lean manufacturing so cannot reply", response "you know FA about manufacturing then !" " no - i have 15 years experience". "not much of a SAP consultant are you !" " I am - and have 20 years experience to prove it !"   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
London, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Capgemini in June 2013.

Interview Details – Filled out application form, they called me up for a telephone interview which touched on competencies and a test of basic computer practices. I was called in for a group exercise and personal interview. Then I was asked to complete a psychometric test.

Interview Question – What does cloud computing mean to me.   Answer Question

Infrastructure Architect Interview

Infrastructure Architect
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview Details – Interview process was a telephone interview followed up by a 2:1 interview with a panel of two senior architects. There was a role-play where the two Capgemini people were two senior executives from two merging divisions of a fictional prospective customer. A 45-minute preparation window was given to put together a 15 minute presentation on the prospective customer's scenario. The presentation was designed to show how well you could tailor messages to specific needs and preferences, and to judge content creation and delivery skills.

Interview Question – Why should we do business with Capgemini over everyone else?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was straightforward. They were amenable to compromise but had hard limits that could not be breached. Conformance to HR policies was very strict and not negotiable in any way.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Capgemini in February 2010.

Interview Details – 2 initial telephone intevrivewa, face to face case study
and hr competency interview

Interview Question – when did you last fail   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very strict no room to moaneouvre

Tech Intern Interview

Tech Intern
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Capgemini in April 2013.

Interview Details – Online application
Telephone interview
AC

Interview Question – Tell me about software development lifecycle - totally threw me off!   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capgemini in July 2011.

Interview Details – 1) Technical interview on the phone
2) Interview at Cap offices in London 1 to 1. Got a case scenario where I had to come up with a technical solution, team and project structure.

Interview Question – Most questions were fairly standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was given an offer which I accepted. The agency had told them upfront what my minimum expectation was. Thats what I got.

Very Easy Interview

Director Interview

Director
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capgemini in August 2011.

Interview Details – I was approached by email by senior recruiter who had viewed my LinkedIn profile, initial 'phone discussion with recruiter to establish my potential interest. Full job spec supplied after I confirmed possible interest in the role.

As the role was biased towards innovation I submitted my resumé as a PowerPoint presentation, in the expectation that my presentation would be close to those I would have to deliver in-post. This was favourably received and I was invited to a formal interview.

The interview went well but I realised that my decision to wear an expensive suit, shoes, collar and tie did not mirror the interview panel, who were all dressed for business casual.

About ten days after the interview, the senior recruiter called me and ran through a whole list of praise for my experience, skills and interview performance - summarised as being excellent. But then came the killer punch: "we consider that your management presence is not congruent with the needs of the Center."

So, in their words, good enough to do the job but didn't look the part. My conclusion that it was probably my smarter attire, when they expected business casual dress. Or it could have been my age (mid 50s) which, of course, they could not cite legally as a valid reason for rejection.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Worked for Capgemini? Contribute to the Community!