Capgemini Interview Questions in London, England

Updated Mar 14, 2015
Updated Mar 14, 2015

3.2

Business Analytics Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini (London, England (UK)).

Interview

1) CV and cover letter
    2) Phone interview
    3) Talent selection event
    - 3.1) Modelling challenge: A week before the interview, I was given a data set which I had to analyse and present the results on the interview day)
    - 3.2) Group case: This was my least favourite part. In a group of 4 interviewees, we had to read a case, discuss about it and present the solutions to the interviewers - the other candidates in the group are not necessarily applying for the same role.
    -3.3) Individual case

Interview Questions

• 1) Phone interview: General motivation and competency-based questions; I did not have to do a case
      2) Individual case: Unexpectedly, I was given a HR case.

Answer Question

Technology Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Capgemini (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Fairly straightforward application process, everyone I spoke with at Capgemini throughout the process was incredibly kind and friendly.

4-step processes which included:
    1) Online application
    2) Situational test
    3) Telephone interview
    4) Assessment centre

Online application contained the usual stuff, personal information, why Capgemini, why the industry etc...

The situational test was straightforward, its not one of those tests where there is a right/wrong answer and a couple hours after you finish it, they send you a feedback form with your top 3 strengths which I thought was a nice touch.

Telephone interview was about 30 minutes long, 5 minutes in I had forgotten it was an interview and it seemed more like a friendly chat. Questions included, why did I choose my University? Why Capgemini? Why are you interested in technology? As well as a few competency-based questions.

I was offered the assessment centre a couple of days after my interview, however it took them almost 3 months to give me an exact date. Capgemini reimbursed some of my accommodation and travels.

The day was comprised of; a group exercise, presentation of a case study (which you are given a week before) and an interview with 2 members of senior management. Luckily for me, my interview slot was at the end of the day, whereas some candidates had interviews straight away. The feel of the offices was great and everyone their was very friendly and open to questions. Since all the interviews were not done at once, some ice breakers are arranged to pass the time and get to know the other candidates which was nice. The group exercise involved reading a 15 page case study and then as a group coming up with solutions/strategies for the company in question, this I found to be the hardest part of the day as striking the right balance between being too bossy and too quiet can be difficult in a competitive situation, especially when there are about 8 assessors watching you. The presentation is straightforward if you are well prepared, however expect questions mid presentation and not at the end like I was expecting. Straight after the presentation you go onto your interview which is mainly strength-based and really seemed more like a chance to get to know you as a person.

Overall, I would say it was a good experience and if you're prepared, you`ll do just fine!

Interview Questions

• If you could have anyone in the world as a contact to improve your network of contacts, who would it be?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini (London, England (UK)).

Interview

online application form consisting of specific questions relating to you and your skills. They want you to select a work stream to work in upfront and then you are expected to tell them why you are well suited to that work stream. Then got online testing and then invited for phone interview. Was asked about myself entirely and not about the company. Interview was about 30 min. Have been asked to next round of interview but don't have a date yet.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Capgemini (London, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied through a recruitment agency. Entire process very quick- 10 days from initial application to offer acceptance. First stage was 15 min phonecall with a manager, did a CV runthrough and asked some technical questions. Final interview was scheduled for a week later- this was with head of practice and a manager. Comprised of case study and competency / cultural fit questions. Half hour to prepare 10 minute flipchart project plan presentation followed by another 45 mins of questions around experience, aspirations etc. Friendly interviewers, not overly stuffy or unnecessarily formal and gave me a really good feel for the company.

Interview Questions

• Case study: design a project plan for a finance systems implementation. Include plan, configuration, deliverables and challenges.   Answer Question

Solution Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini (London, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

Invited to interview at HQ in Holborn. Interview was relaxed and felt at ease with the interviewer who was clearly strong in his field. Received a good introduction into how the company structured their Solution Architect practice. Got a good feel of the culture which felt relaxed without compromising professionalism. Second interview was less structured and there was not a clear indication about where I might fit in the organisation. An offer was expected but never materialised despite subsequent conversations with the original interviewer.

Interview Questions

• What is the most innovative contribution that you have made to an application outsourcing solution that has differentiated your solution from competition.   Answer Question

Financial Services Consulting Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Capgemini (London, England (UK)) in May 2014.

Interview

A very long interview process. 7 Interviews over 5 months. Was headhunted via LinkedIn but the downside to this was no funding in place for the position at the end of the process (Had another job offer).

Interview Questions

• After several months of interviews, remembering what the job offered was and who had discussed this with.   1 Answer

Java Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Capgemini (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Took about 2 months - very long. Interview feedback was provided after almost 2 weeks. IT looked like there was no ownership as to who ors the recruiting.

BDM Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capgemini (London, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

Telephone Interview with VP, then follow up interview with SVP and then a case study / interview with VP and Sales Director.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, have very little time to review the case study, but the things that you need to pick out are very easy.
      Capgemini are trying to be more private and less private sector, but I am not sure they really know what that means. From the outside it looks quite like one or two individuals trying to change thousands,,,, good luck with that!

1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini (London, England (UK)) in August 2013.

Interview

Telephone interview followed by face to face interview a week later

Negotiation

No negotiations; salary was pretty much agreed prior to the process otherwise I wouldn't interview.

Infrastructure Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Capgemini (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Interview process was a telephone interview followed up by a 2:1 interview with a panel of two senior architects. There was a role-play where the two Capgemini people were two senior executives from two merging divisions of a fictional prospective customer. A 45-minute preparation window was given to put together a 15 minute presentation on the prospective customer's scenario. The presentation was designed to show how well you could tailor messages to specific needs and preferences, and to judge content creation and delivery skills.

Interview Questions

• Why should we do business with Capgemini over everyone else?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was straightforward. They were amenable to compromise but had hard limits that could not be breached. Conformance to HR policies was very strict and not negotiable in any way.