Capgemini Interview Questions in London, England

Updated Aug 12, 2015

3.2

Financial Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Starts with online tests, then a telephone interview consisting of mostly competency questions: Why Capgemini, what do they do, who are their competitors, why do you want to work in consulting etc... This takes around 45mins Following this, you are invited to an assessment centre at their office in Holborn in London. I had to complete a logical reasoning test however I was given the impression that others had done this online before arrival. Following that we were given a group task, 5 of us in a room with 5 of the days newspapers and asked to find and rank the top 5 stories relevant to Capgemini and the industry across all the papers. I advise you to be proactive in choosing your paper, they got funny when I was relaxed about which I got. They don't mind so much about what you actually choose but they want to see how you all work, that you agree on stories together and argue your points well. I suggest finding 3-4 stories in your chosen paper, outline why you think they are useful and then let the group decide which to use. Then you have to present a pre-prepared Case Study on a fictional company. Advice here is to try not to go over the time and expect awkward questions, I suggested streamlining the IT services and was asked how I would choose which staff to keep and which to lose. Following this you get two on the spot questions, one was really tough about how to present a new strategy for an insurance company and another was simple figures from three fictional firms that you had to analyse. Finally there is a one-to-one interview which is reasonably straightforward, similar questions to the phone interview, such as "You have a project due next week however you don't think that you will get it done in time, what do you do?"

Interview Questions

• Why Capgemini? Why Consulting? Why Financial Services?   Answer Question

BTS - Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (London, England (UK)).

Interview

45 mins of face-to-face conversation on past experiences, roles and responsibilities. Overall straight-forward interview session coupled with deep-dive on couple of engagements with focus on technical architecture and stakeholders management. Good overview provided on expectation and what the position and job responsibility will consists of.

Lead Consultant - Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Initial telephone interview with standard questions around knowledge of Capgemini, quick Cv run through, why consulting, reasons for leaving, motivations, what would you bring to Cap, etc. Invited to the next stage - a 6 hour Talent Selection Event comprising of Company presentation, 1.5 hour interview including short case study given on the day followed by detailed group case study exercise (20 mins reading time, 45-50 minutes of prep, 30 min presentation and Q & A). Final part of this event was a networking event with other consultants at the firm. Was given 15 min prep/read time for the short case study, and the interviewer would then want to discuss my views on the questions given. In my case, I was supposed to be a programme manager setting up a programme - my approach to setting it up. For the group case study, try to get through the material as quickly as possible focussing on key facts rather than distractions. The time provided is deliberately limited to see how you handle large amounts of info in a short amount of time. Be prepared to explain your recommendation for the solution to their problem and the reasons why you have ruled out others. In the end I was made a verbal offer the next day itself and I was shocked to hear it was over 10% BELOW my current compensation! For spending this amount of time interviewing, you certainly expect better treatment and atleast a respectable offer. Declined!

Interview Questions

• If I went to your line manager and asked for 3 good things and 3 bad things about you, what would they be?   1 Answer

Business Analytics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (London, England (UK)).

Interview

1) CV and cover letter 2) Phone interview 3) Talent selection event - 3.1) Modelling challenge: A week before the interview, I was given a data set which I had to analyse and present the results on the interview day) - 3.2) Group case: This was my least favourite part. In a group of 4 interviewees, we had to read a case, discuss about it and present the solutions to the interviewers - the other candidates in the group are not necessarily applying for the same role. -3.3) Individual case

Interview Questions

• 1) Phone interview: General motivation and competency-based questions; I did not have to do a case 2) Individual case: Unexpectedly, I was given a HR case.   Answer Question

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Capgemini (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Fairly straightforward application process, everyone I spoke with at Capgemini throughout the process was incredibly kind and friendly. 4-step processes which included: 1) Online application 2) Situational test 3) Telephone interview 4) Assessment centre Online application contained the usual stuff, personal information, why Capgemini, why the industry etc... The situational test was straightforward, its not one of those tests where there is a right/wrong answer and a couple hours after you finish it, they send you a feedback form with your top 3 strengths which I thought was a nice touch. Telephone interview was about 30 minutes long, 5 minutes in I had forgotten it was an interview and it seemed more like a friendly chat. Questions included, why did I choose my University? Why Capgemini? Why are you interested in technology? As well as a few competency-based questions. I was offered the assessment centre a couple of days after my interview, however it took them almost 3 months to give me an exact date. Capgemini reimbursed some of my accommodation and travels. The day was comprised of; a group exercise, presentation of a case study (which you are given a week before) and an interview with 2 members of senior management. Luckily for me, my interview slot was at the end of the day, whereas some candidates had interviews straight away. The feel of the offices was great and everyone their was very friendly and open to questions. Since all the interviews were not done at once, some ice breakers are arranged to pass the time and get to know the other candidates which was nice. The group exercise involved reading a 15 page case study and then as a group coming up with solutions/strategies for the company in question, this I found to be the hardest part of the day as striking the right balance between being too bossy and too quiet can be difficult in a competitive situation, especially when there are about 8 assessors watching you. The presentation is straightforward if you are well prepared, however expect questions mid presentation and not at the end like I was expecting. Straight after the presentation you go onto your interview which is mainly strength-based and really seemed more like a chance to get to know you as a person. Overall, I would say it was a good experience and if you're prepared, you`ll do just fine!

Interview Questions

• If you could have anyone in the world as a contact to improve your network of contacts, who would it be?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

Interview

online application form consisting of specific questions relating to you and your skills. They want you to select a work stream to work in upfront and then you are expected to tell them why you are well suited to that work stream. Then got online testing and then invited for phone interview. Was asked about myself entirely and not about the company. Interview was about 30 min. Have been asked to next round of interview but don't have a date yet.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capgemini (London, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied through a recruitment agency. Entire process very quick- 10 days from initial application to offer acceptance. First stage was 15 min phonecall with a manager, did a CV runthrough and asked some technical questions. Final interview was scheduled for a week later- this was with head of practice and a manager. Comprised of case study and competency / cultural fit questions. Half hour to prepare 10 minute flipchart project plan presentation followed by another 45 mins of questions around experience, aspirations etc. Friendly interviewers, not overly stuffy or unnecessarily formal and gave me a really good feel for the company.

Interview Questions

• Case study: design a project plan for a finance systems implementation. Include plan, configuration, deliverables and challenges.   Answer Question

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (London, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

Invited to interview at HQ in Holborn. Interview was relaxed and felt at ease with the interviewer who was clearly strong in his field. Received a good introduction into how the company structured their Solution Architect practice. Got a good feel of the culture which felt relaxed without compromising professionalism. Second interview was less structured and there was not a clear indication about where I might fit in the organisation. An offer was expected but never materialised despite subsequent conversations with the original interviewer.

Interview Questions

• What is the most innovative contribution that you have made to an application outsourcing solution that has differentiated your solution from competition.   Answer Question

Financial Services Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Capgemini (London, England (UK)) in May 2014.

Interview

A very long interview process. 7 Interviews over 5 months. Was headhunted via LinkedIn but the downside to this was no funding in place for the position at the end of the process (Had another job offer).

Interview Questions

• After several months of interviews, remembering what the job offered was and who had discussed this with.   1 Answer

Java Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capgemini (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Took about 2 months - very long. Interview feedback was provided after almost 2 weeks. IT looked like there was no ownership as to who ors the recruiting.