Capgemini

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Capgemini in June 2013.

Interview Details – The interview and selection process is similar to many big 4 firms. But the recruiting team is great and very aggressive to the business requirements of the client. Good process for screening as uses phone and Skype which avoids the issue of fake profiles for client purposes and internal hiring process

Interview Question – Why join Capgemini compared to other Big 4   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Good, moderate and

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Capgemini in April 2009.

Interview Details – 1. Screen by HR
2. Phone interviews back-to-back (Capgemini)
3. No face-to-face; offer provided over the phone

Negotiation Details – I asked for a bonus

Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview Details – Got hired from a contractor to fulltime empoyee. so did not goo through the entire process.

But otherwise the general process will include:
- a phone screening
- face to face interview

Interview Question – again ... never been through the interview process..so cannot comment.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Capgemini in October 2010.

Interview Details – The process was very smooth. They took care of all the travel arrangements upfront and had a solid process in place to reimburse for incidentals. The interview was with five different people and took approximately 3 hours total. I was assigned a conference room and the interviewers each came to the room at their scheduled time.

Interview Question – How would you handle a difficult client?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I initially rejected the first offer and the recruiter said that she had to get approval for an increase. Ten days later, she called back with a revised offer.

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Capgemini in January 2008.

Interview Details – Tech screen via phone followed by half day interview process cosisting of technical interview, communications interview and leadership interview.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate. Probably should have.

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Capgemini in November 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process was very simple. I just had two rounds and that was it. I met my immediate boss and he explained me about the role that he was hiring for and he asked few questions from me resume. Apart from this I met my boss's boss. He was cool and told me that he only care about the end product and the timelines.

Interview Question – Why you want to join us   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was difficult. I asked them to increase the salary but they did not budge at all. At best they added joining bonus.

Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview Details – 3 step process (phone interview, in person then followed up by a panel). At the end, you will receive a notification in 10 business days of an offer or decline.

Interview Question – Too many, but very standard in consulting.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was very - take it or leave it

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capgemini in December 2008.

Interview Details – It was a pleasant experience since I attended a scheduled interview. Two levels of discussion with BU head and my manager.

Manager

The process took a day - interviewed at Capgemini in January 2010.

Interview Details – one interview face to face. Well researched and focused. No confused approach. Not very rigorous screening.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Manager

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Capgemini in July 2010.

Interview Details – Initial contact was a referral from a business colleague. I had a screening interview with HR over the phone about one week after that contact.

Following that screening, HR set up a phone interview with the hiring manager about two weeks later. The hiring manager was travelling overseas so the interview lasted 30 minutes and he was in a hotel room and clearly exhausted. Several days later I was told that CG would fly me to their location for a face-to-face interview with the same hiring manager. So far, so good, now somewhat excited.

The onsite interview - same day as I travelled - was rather a disappointment. Hiring manager seemed unprepared. Certainly nothing that could be called Behavioral Interviewing and just some general questions that were related to the job. After an hour I was taken to interview with another manager who seemed to have no idea why he was talking to me. He had no questions for me and just wanted to know if I had any questions of him. I suspect that these were all competent people who were just so busy that they had no time prepare for anything - constant react mode. The office environment there was like a tomb - eerily quiet considering how hyperactive the business had been described to me.

I flew back home thinking that I hadn't done a great job but, reflecting on the interview, not sure how that would have been possible. As usual the last comment from HR was, "We are going to make a decision quickly; we're hurting."

After several weeks of no response I pinged the HR person for an update and was told only that the hiring manager was travelling again and so the hiring process was on the backburner. Since then, despite several more pings to HR for an update, there has never been a reply of any sort.

Recently via some clever searching on LinkedIn, I believe that I have identified the person hired to fill that role. I'm fine with not being selected but peeved about the radio silence! Most professionals can handle rejection just fine - we deal with it a lot.

Administrative support that set up my travel and interview was excellent.

Interview Question – Nothing stands out. One interview had no questions for me at all. Just wanted to know if I had any questions of him.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Capgemini

Worked for Capgemini? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Capgemini Manager interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Capgemini employees and interview candidates.