Capgemini

Capgemini Interview Questions in New York City, NY

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Capgemini in March 2014.

I met first with a recruiter at my university's career fair, where I submitted my resume. I attended an on-campus information session (in New York City) where I gave my resume to an employee in the Financial Services consulting division. I was contacted shortly after for an HR phone interview (basic questions like salary expectation), then a second phone interview with a member of the practice who asked questions about my experience, why Capgemini, what can you bring to this position, etc. After over two weeks of waiting I was called in for an in-person interview. A case study was provided several days prior to the interview, which we were to present. My presentation took about an hour. The second in-person interview (on the same day) involved tests of presentation skills, defending an argument, persuading someone to accept your argument and other questions related to your experience and how it relates to the position.

Interview Questions
    • Using this whiteboard or a piece of paper, explain to me why I should hire you.

Case study given several days prior to the interview that was 5-6 pages long involving data sets and a fictive e-mail correspondence between employees at a bank. There were no direct instructions, but we were told to prepare a presentation analyzing the issues in the case.

Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini.

Very straight forward. Took three weeks to finish. Everyone was nice and helpful. Office is very well organized. The first round was a phone screen. The second round had a case study and a presentation. Offer was announced the day after.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Capgemini in August 2013.

Phone screening interview with HR for the first round. Some general behavioral and immediately signed up for the another phone interview. Second phone interview is with someone from the division you are applying and more behavioral questions. Final round is in their office and consist of 3 interviews. One behavioral interview, one case study, and one group exercise. They give you a case prior to the interview to prepare.

Interview Questions
    • Explain to me why Capgemini should hire you using the whiteboard.
      Explain to me one of your hobbies and persuade me to learn that hobby.

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini in July 2013.

After a call from a recruiter, I had a skype call with a hiring manager who asked about my current job and also some interview-iq questions. After that was a trip to a Newark satellite office of theirs where I talked a little bit more about my previous work, and also a technical portion about enterprise java development

Interview Questions
    • Something about different exception types?   View Answer

Another offer opened up that used a more expressive programming language.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Capgemini in March 2013.

1st round were held on campus, 2nd/final round were held at a Capgemini location. I thought the process was smooth until I did not receive ANY (negative/positive) type of feedback regarding the status of my application.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini in February 2013.

I had applied through university recruiting. Was called for the First round of interview which lasted for 30 mins. Questions were all behavioral, fairly straight and simple. Cleared the first round and was called for the second round.
    This consisted of 3 30 mins interview. Most of the questions were based on resume, behavioral and previous work experience. They seemed more interested in cloud technology on which I had worked.
    One 30 minute interview was a case study of a pharmaceutical company.
    Company was not doing well, employees demoralized as manager gave appraisal based on current working ways. No database records of employees past work contribution. Sales employees cannot complete training as there is no online training available. Also there data is not available online which makes it difficult to get data of products.
    How will you resolve these issues?
    Interview went really well and I was very hopeful. Never heard back from them Even after following up none of the recruiters replied.

Interview Questions
    • Why Capgemini? Why consulting?   Answer Question
    • What fascinates you about cloud computing?   Answer Question
    • How did you resolve a conflict? Your weakness and strength. Your accomplishment.   Answer Question
    • How did you handle multiple deadlines? How and when did you manage a stressful situation?   Answer Question
    • how did you handle a conflict in your team? How did you motivate someone?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Capgemini in January 2013.

Extraordinarily friendly, engaging, and intelligent recruiter who provided a detailed description of the position. The next discussion was with the practice leader who was very experienced in industry. We agreed that another opportunity would be best. Nonetheless, it was a worthwhile interview experience.

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini in November 2012.

As far as I know, applicants for both Business Consultant and Technology Consultant positions were notified of their 1st round interviews 2 days before the actual interview date. We were not given any specifics about the format or details of the interview, but 1st round is behavioral and 2nd round is case. There were many current employees ushering in the people to emphasize the collaborative spirit of the company.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think there were particularly difficult or unexpected questions for the 1st round - behavioral. Just know your resume, know the details of your tasks, responsibilities at your current and previous internships and jobs.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capgemini in October 2012.

I got the first round for on campus interview. The interviewer firstly talked about my resume and asked some parts he was interested in. Then, he asked about three behavior problems. They are almost about the team work and how to show your leadership. But in the end, he let me to ask a lot of questions and explained them to me, such like their corporate culture, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Would you mind if the company asks you to travel 4 days a week?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini in July 2012.

There were 3 levels of Interviews. Fairly simple procedure but sometimes stressful.
    At various stages I was asked about my management and leadership skills.
    My second round was slightly more rigorous than the others and this was the round I guess that was the decider in my case.
    My recruiter was pretty responsive and helpful which made the process really easy.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing as such. It was mostly experience based.   View Answer
    I was given an offer but later on the recruiter came back mentioning that they cannot approve the offer and he gave me a slightly lower base salary with a joining bonus. This together added up to be more than my initial offer.