Capgemini Interview Questions in New York, NY

2.9

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Capgemini in March 2014.

I met first with a recruiter at my university's career fair, where I submitted my resume. I attended an on-campus information session (in New York City) where I gave my resume to an employee in the Financial Services consulting division. I was contacted shortly after for an HR phone interview (basic questions like salary expectation), then a second phone interview with a member of the practice who asked questions about my experience, why Capgemini, what can you bring to this position, etc. After over two weeks of waiting I was called in for an in-person interview. A case study was provided several days prior to the interview, which we were to present. My presentation took about an hour. The second in-person interview (on the same day) involved tests of presentation skills, defending an argument, persuading someone to accept your argument and other questions related to your experience and how it relates to the position.

Interview Questions
    • Using this whiteboard or a piece of paper, explain to me why I should hire you.

Case study given several days prior to the interview that was 5-6 pages long involving data sets and a fictive e-mail correspondence between employees at a bank. There were no direct instructions, but we were told to prepare a presentation analyzing the issues in the case.
        Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capgemini.

Very straight forward. Took three weeks to finish. Everyone was nice and helpful. Office is very well organized. The first round was a phone screen. The second round had a case study and a presentation. Offer was announced the day after.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Capgemini in March 2013.

1st round were held on campus, 2nd/final round were held at a Capgemini location. I thought the process was smooth until I did not receive ANY (negative/positive) type of feedback regarding the status of my application.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Capgemini in January 2013.

Extraordinarily friendly, engaging, and intelligent recruiter who provided a detailed description of the position. The next discussion was with the practice leader who was very experienced in industry. We agreed that another opportunity would be best. Nonetheless, it was a worthwhile interview experience.

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capgemini in November 2012.

As far as I know, applicants for both Business Consultant and Technology Consultant positions were notified of their 1st round interviews 2 days before the actual interview date. We were not given any specifics about the format or details of the interview, but 1st round is behavioral and 2nd round is case. There were many current employees ushering in the people to emphasize the collaborative spirit of the company.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think there were particularly difficult or unexpected questions for the 1st round - behavioral. Just know your resume, know the details of your tasks, responsibilities at your current and previous internships and jobs.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Capgemini in October 2012.

I got the first round for on campus interview. The interviewer firstly talked about my resume and asked some parts he was interested in. Then, he asked about three behavior problems. They are almost about the team work and how to show your leadership. But in the end, he let me to ask a lot of questions and explained them to me, such like their corporate culture, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Would you mind if the company asks you to travel 4 days a week?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capgemini in July 2012.

There were 3 levels of Interviews. Fairly simple procedure but sometimes stressful.
    At various stages I was asked about my management and leadership skills.
    My second round was slightly more rigorous than the others and this was the round I guess that was the decider in my case.
    My recruiter was pretty responsive and helpful which made the process really easy.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing as such. It was mostly experience based.   View Answer
    I was given an offer but later on the recruiter came back mentioning that they cannot approve the offer and he gave me a slightly lower base salary with a joining bonus. This together added up to be more than my initial offer.

Staff Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Capgemini in October 2011.

I applied through my college's On Campus Recruiting program, and received a first round interview. This was held at my college's career center and involved a one to one conversation with a Senior Manager. Upon advancing to the second and final round, I was invited to interview at Capgemini's Jersey City office. Here, I was interviewed 3 times, back to back, with employees of varying experience and industry exposure. The interview questions were generally straightforward. This process took about 3 weeks.

Then, 3 weeks later, I received my offer via email, and was given 4 weeks to accept/decline. I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • I had one interviewer, a Manager, who played bad cop. From the start he acted aggressive and somewhat uncaring. However, I stayed calm and collected and aced each of his questions.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Capgemini in October 2011.

My interviewer was a foreign guy (Russian, I think) who was not part of the consulting practice. He worked in the tech side of the business. He asked a series of boilerplate behavioral questions, wrote down my answers, and generally acted disinterested. They had numerous interview rooms going and it generally felt very impersonal.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you've worked with a multicultural group.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Capgemini in August 2011.

Full day of panel interviews.

Salary

Worked for Capgemini? Contribute to the Community!