Capgemini

Getting the Interview

12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview Details – Easy if you are referred by employee

Interview Question – Will try to get your salary pushed down in negotiations   Answer Question

Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Capgemini in January 2011.

Interview Details – applied through employee referral, had 3 phone interviews, and one in-person interview, in addition to 2 Human Resources interviews, visited local office in Atlanta, elapse time was about a month, interviews were case study types, not too tough, pretty supportive environment, last interview at corporate vice president level

Interview Question – What will you do in the first year of your work with us?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty reasonable process

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Capgemini in May 2013.

Interview Details – Phone screening interview with recruiter...the basics. Phone interview with hiring manager (Partner, Practice Lead). Phone interview with Sr. Partner (overall Practice Leader). Very professional and to the point. However, the final interview felt like an interview for a completely different job. No further communication following final discussion.

Interview Question – Final interview had extensive technical questions not related to the specific job role.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capgemini in March 2013.

Interview Details – Strictly phone interviews. Initially spoke with a recruiter, then a HR resource, then a couple of my peers with similar level as me, then the engagement manager, then the group VP. After negotiating my salary, I was hired. Spent one week on boarding with a group of other new employees.

Interview Question – Explain the technology stack at my last employer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, I negotiated and they agreed.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview Details – Unfortunately, the interview process was ardrous and unclear? I applied for one postion and was contatcted by a second recruiter who NEVER stated and or confirmed that position he was contacting me for?? After discussing career experience, at great length, he presented my credentials to the hiring manager who requested that we meet. However, as I am currently employed and travel,eighty five percent of the time, I asked if we could meet the following week.
The next step was that I recieved an email message stating that I was no loger being considered for the position.
Against, the recommendations of colleagues who have gone through this process, I pursued it anyway.
In short, if you are a senior sales/business development professional, please do not waste your time with this organization.

Interview Question – There were none from my perspective   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Capgemini in January 2013.

Interview Details – Extraordinarily friendly, engaging, and intelligent recruiter who provided a detailed description of the position. The next discussion was with the practice leader who was very experienced in industry. We agreed that another opportunity would be best. Nonetheless, it was a worthwhile interview experience.

Interview Question – How did our interview process compare with other companies?   View Answers (2)

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Capgemini in January 2009.

Interview Details – Very loose process that seemed more a gut process than a behavioral/detail review.

Interview Question – Did not really have anything that was challenging. Probably more concerned as to expectations of the employee   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Success criteria was not clear.

Very Easy Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview Details – I applied through a friend and the process took 4 months. I was invited to teleconference with the hiring manager in Europe. The Hiring Manager seemed to have no functional experience in Sales Support. She was from a marketing background I learned later. There was no written JD, please insist on written JD's or you will end up doing odd jobs. I was given a chance to ask questions but found that both the hiring manager and the India manager had no knowledge of the function. Both seemed be to be just managers of the team. Then there was a video conference with the same person where she asked some pertinent questions like why I had a brief stint in one of my former companies. The company has shut down and she seemed satisfied with the answer. This was followed by a brief VC with an AVP who also seemed clueless when it came to Sales Support. Last was a written test that I cleared. This whole process took three months. Then came HR round.

Interview Question – Give me an instance where you showed collaboration to win over a customer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You have to be careful here. The trick HR uses is to give you the same fixed salary as you last job and give you a bonus that makes the entire package looks like you are getting 25 to 30% hike. Do not accept if you are not happy as you will be stuck with the same package for years as yearly increments are pretty low.

Senior Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Capgemini in June 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process consists of 3 interviews.

1. Screening interview with HR. This can be face to face or by telephone. This confirms details from your resume and is used to identify the "Service Line" / area in Capgemini that best suits your skills, experience and career goals.

2. Interview with a Senior Manager. This is the main interview and will be a face to face meeting at a Capgemini office. This interview will cover your education and work experience in detail. Your cultural fit for the organisation will also be assessed. Salary and level may be covered at this interview. Ensure you are dressed in full business ataire.

3. Closing interview with a Director or VP. This is the final interview and can be face to face or by telephone. It is used to assess personality and cultural fit.

If you are successful at all 3 interviews, HR will contact you fairly quickly, usually within a week of the final interview with an offer.

Interview Question – What do you percieve as one of the major challenges for our organisation and how would you address it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – When negotiating salary / level, know what you are worth and stand firm.

Guangzhou, Guangdong (China)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Capgemini in May 2011.

Interview Details – 1.Technical Interview 2.Management Interview. 3.HR Confirmation

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Delight

Interviews for Top Jobs at Capgemini

Worked for Capgemini? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Capgemini Senior Manager interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Capgemini employees and interview candidates.