Capgemini

Getting the Interview

12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview Details – 3 rounds of interview, but wasn't complicated.

Interview Question – couple of technical questions in programming.   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capgemini in July 2011.

Interview Details – 1) Technical interview on the phone
2) Interview at Cap offices in London 1 to 1. Got a case scenario where I had to come up with a technical solution, team and project structure.

Interview Question – Most questions were fairly standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was given an offer which I accepted. The agency had told them upfront what my minimum expectation was. Thats what I got.

Interviewed at Capgemini

Interview Details – Aptitude Test of 3 sections. 1 hour duration. Group Discussion involving 10 candidates. Final interview done by a single interviewer. Approximately 50% of candidates appeared were eliminated at each stage. Although, 20 out of 22 candidates were selected who appeared for the final interview

Interview Question – How can you calculate how many times a ball will bounce if it dropped from a certain height?   View Answer

Calcutta (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview Details – The Interview process was 2 step , first telephonic interview (technical) after no response for 20 days, then suddenly after HR call , visited local office & attended the management interview. On the same time, selection result is declared

Reason for Declining – Senior Recruiter's behaviour is not professional

Chandigarh (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Capgemini in December 2010.

Interview Details – for less than 3 years-> written exam, then f2f interview, and then hr interview
for 3 years or above -> f2f interview, and then hr interview

Negotiation Details – i joined as a fresher to this company, so the main motive is to get a good project, luckily i got a good project, but many of my friends don't so that the main problem with start ups

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview Details – I received a call from a consultancy for Capgemini. Then I got a call from HR and she scheduled a telephonic interview for next day. It is scheduled for 30 minutes and it lasted for 30 minutes. Next day I got the call from HR saying that I cleared the first round of interview and asked me to attend 2nd round of interview at CapGemini office. It is scheduled after one week from the first round. I went to the office and I attend telephonic round from CG office. It took one week to get next communication from HR. I got a mail from CG saying that I have cleared 2 rounds of interviews i.e., first round technical and second round management round. I am asked to send the documents like Form 16, pay slips, previous company relieving letter and passport size photo scanned copy. Then there was a HR discussion. Nothing much to discuss except the salary negotiations.

Interview Question – No question was difficult   View Answer

Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview Details – the interview took place for the immediate requirement for a project. Since they required mostly already trained guys, they took two one on one technical interview lasted about 1 hour each it two separate days. there was a domain knowledge transfer after selection at their office. after one week or so the work was started at the client location.

Interview Question – most of the questions were technical because the requirement was for a technical position. so there were not very difficult question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no such negotiation. as the position was for the freshers. So the benefits were good for the freshers

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Capgemini in February 2011.

Interview Details – they ask you about your family, hometown, etc.. then they generally check if you know the subjects of your discipline well. Next, they see if you are confident enough to perform if they offer you a job. That's it.

Interview Question – The interviewer asked me something from the 4th year project I was working on.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Capgemini in December 2010.

Interview Details – first of all u need to go through a written test which comprises three sections,1.Tecnical English 2.Aptitute 3.Reasoning.once u cleared the exam then u will go through a G.D round ,after clearing that u will finally qualify for H.R round interview .After clearing HR round u will finally called selected .

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – you are not supposed to negotiate because your college placemet cell officer will be negotiating the package .

Senior Software Engineer

Interview Details – It was a two days continuous interview process in our campus.1st round was of written which consisted of 3 sections ie reasoning, quantitative ability & English.the cut off marks for each were 60 percent,consisting of 20,15,20 questions repectively.no negative marking.
next round was of group discussion.
last round was personal one on one technical interview.

Interview Question – no such question   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Capgemini

Worked for Capgemini? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Capgemini Senior Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Capgemini employees and interview candidates.