Capgemini

Updated Jan 17, 2015

2.9

92 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Capgemini.

Hiring process was very quick. I was given a phone interview where we discussed my skills and previous employment. Went over the job qualifications and requirements. I was called to have an in person interview the next day.

Interview Questions
  • Very technical, I was asked very tough technical questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capgemini

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo Grove, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo Grove, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Capgemini in December 2013.

Interview process is pretty fine. They take usually 2-3 rounds. and the questions about the interviews depends upon the role and criticality of the projec.t. Mine was strainght forward. It was a critical req so was able to get thru in 2 rounds. the intital round is techincal and was pretty easy. managerial interviews is more or less like HR types.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation was done as i was joining them as a contractor

Software Engineer Interview

campus interview following career fair

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini in July 2013.

After a call from a recruiter, I had a skype call with a hiring manager who asked about my current job and also some interview-iq questions. After that was a trip to a Newark satellite office of theirs where I talked a little bit more about my previous work, and also a technical portion about enterprise java development

Interview Questions
    • Something about different exception types?   View Answer

Another offer opened up that used a more expressive programming language.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capgemini in May 2013.

One of the best large company
    Industry leader
    great process and efficient enough process with respect to size of the company
    talented people - some of the best of the best
    great resources to learn
    wonderful opportunity to start one's career
    Benefits, Compensation & policies are really good when compared to competition. Some of the benefits like vacation & sick leaves are really good.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capgemini.

Quantitative and Verbal Reasoning Test followed by Personal Interview followed by Group Discussion
    Selected candidates were filtered at each round as in above order
    The result was announced the same day.
    Around 30 out of 200 students were selected for the position. All in their penultimate semester of B.Tech.

Interview Questions

I had to pursue with studies

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capgemini.

Interview process was cool, 2 rounds of interview; 1st being the basics which one needs to know followed by 2nd round on managerial side asking onshore offshore model etc,(PeopleSoft HRMS); Later HR congratulated as I was selected, informed that I will be contacted next week. This is where it all started going wrong. HR contacted me after 1.5 weeks to discuss about salary details. Then it has been 3 months no offer letter yet, HR I contacted had left the company and he gave me other persons contact detail, ALL I am hearing from them is "Position you have been referred is on hold, we will contact you when we have a requirement".

Software Engineer Interview

first round was written aptitude test after that there was one to one technical interview and finally a hr interview overall experience was good not too tuff one has to just be clear of concepts

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview process was very friendly and not much technical ... But the worst point is You need to wait for call letter for more than a year..i got placed at Capgemini on Sep 2013 and got the call letter only on Dec 2014...So if u r fresher and got placed at capgemini from on campus...better seek other option ,they will surely call you after a long gap...

Interview Questions
    • No such Questions ... every thing was very friendly...   Answer Question

due to location...... Even though there are vacancies in in your desired location they don't change you to your desired location...

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Capgemini.

Written test conducted by Cocubes it contains 3 section (English +Reasoning + Maths 25 questions each).

1st: English error correction, idioms, synonyms, antonym were there and some fill in the blanks on articles and there were 2 passages it was easy. (I didn't prepared for this section but if you want to do then follow Indiabix) as per my knowledge cutoff here for this was 18+.

2nd: Reasoning : in this two question on flow chart followed by 8-10 questions, syllogism, statement and conclusion, statement and assumption, 2 questions from series, 2 question from blood relation, 2 questions from coding and decoding. RS agarwal (verbal and nonverbal) is more than enough it was ok ok in term of difficulty level. As per my knowledge cutoff here for this was 18+.

3rd: Maths : Number system, trigonometry, area, triangle, volume, age, profit loss, pie chart, Arithmetic propagation, boat problem, time and distance, (in short have to do all chapters of RS agarwal cannot leave even a single chapter) it was tough section in comparison to above two, time management is required here. As per my knowledge cutoff here for this was 14+.

After written test they announced the results and next round was GD and then technical followed by HR on next day.

In GD topic was is IT industry influencing our culture (it was for almost 50-55 min) there were 11 member in our group 4 cleared it and those people (CapG guys) were very very good in picking candidates in GD (tips: focus on your body language, communication skills, be calm even if anyone goes against you don't fight or respond just focus on your points and don't loss your grip on that (because it's not debate), innovation, valid points and facts if you are sure about any recent survey or such it can help you, most important point conclusion must be there in your mind to wrap all things in last one minute, don't divert from the topic, try to make eye contact with other member never look toward HR or the panel, if you can remember name its + point for you, try to speak at least 2, 3 times (as our was very long GD so 2, 3 time was not sufficient but for most of the time it works in favor if GD duration is 15 min).

After clearing the GD we were asked to go for lunch and then they have decided to take only one round Technical-cum-HR round.

Tech-Cum-HR: he asked me to tell anything that is not mention in resume as my resume was only one page so I had many things to speak up on, after this he asked me about project and technology and here starts the cross questions and I was confident about my concepts he tried to prove me wrong then he asked oops concept in details with real life example, I told everything then he asked about internship and training and what was my role there then he asked my minor project again cross questions it was on java so it covered JDBC, SQL, Servlets and front end I explained everything then he asked me about testing as I mention it there in resume I told him and explained it in simple words and clearly then he asked my favorite subject and in which I scored maximum C, Java, compiler design then asked me everything about compiler inner implementation, working, functionality then he asked about pointers and pros and cons of pointers in C, asked difference in c and java and strictly told me that don't say things that you have read in your books just tell where you find difference as I did project on both I explained and then question on pre processor directives and how does function work in C.