Capgemini Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015
Updated Apr 9, 2015

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Capgemini.

Interview

Hiring process was very quick. I was given a phone interview where we discussed my skills and previous employment. Went over the job qualifications and requirements. I was called to have an in person interview the next day.

Interview Questions

• Very technical, I was asked very tough technical questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capgemini

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Capgemini (Buffalo Grove, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

Interview process is pretty fine. They take usually 2-3 rounds. and the questions about the interviews depends upon the role and criticality of the projec.t. Mine was strainght forward. It was a critical req so was able to get thru in 2 rounds. the intital round is techincal and was pretty easy. managerial interviews is more or less like HR types.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation was done as i was joining them as a contractor

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

campus interview following career fair

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini (Newark, NJ) in July 2013.

Interview

After a call from a recruiter, I had a skype call with a hiring manager who asked about my current job and also some interview-iq questions. After that was a trip to a Newark satellite office of theirs where I talked a little bit more about my previous work, and also a technical portion about enterprise java development

Interview Questions

• Something about different exception types?   1 Answer

Another offer opened up that used a more expressive programming language.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capgemini (Chicago, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

One of the best large company
    Industry leader
    great process and efficient enough process with respect to size of the company
    talented people - some of the best of the best
    great resources to learn
    wonderful opportunity to start one's career
    Benefits, Compensation & policies are really good when compared to competition. Some of the benefits like vacation & sick leaves are really good.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview

1. Aptitude: Quants(tough) + Logic (easy) + Verbal(tough) (You'll need more than RS Agarwal to crack this)
    ONCE YOU CLEARED APTITUDE, ITS A DONE CASE. BECAUSE ALL OTHER STAGES ARE VERY EASY

2.Interview:
        OOPS Concepts
      > Java - "Hello world program", Inheritance, Abstraction
      > Dotnet - Inheritance etc. (very basic)
      > SQL - Normailzation, joins etc.

3. Communication assessment: Very easy. Listen and repeat a audio clip

4. HR: Salary negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Capgemini (Pune (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

There are 3 rounds in the whole process.
    1. Aptitude test organized by Co-Cube.
    2. Group Discussion.
    3. Personal Interview.

Aptitude test was conducted on Day 1. Then we were asked to leave for the day. At around 8PM, results of the test were mailed to everyone. Only 200 shortlisted from over a thousand candidates.
    Next day, Group Discussion round was conducted. The topics are simple and easy so everyone can understand and talk on it. Personal Interview round was conducted on the same day. Final results were mailed after a week.

Interview Questions

• Questions about Academic projects and favorite subjects.
      Which subject was the most difficult for you during your graduation?
      A very simple puzzle was asked just to test your logical reasoning ability.

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Capgemini (Chennai (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

More of current project architecture discussion, core java questions, problem solving. Expected more working experience in database side, and reporting tools like jasper report. design pattern questions

Interview Questions

• Problem statement, Also interviewer asked me to write some programs using design patterns   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capgemini.

Interview

Quantitative and Verbal Reasoning Test followed by Personal Interview followed by Group Discussion
    Selected candidates were filtered at each round as in above order
    The result was announced the same day.
    Around 30 out of 200 students were selected for the position. All in their penultimate semester of B.Tech.

Interview Questions

I had to pursue with studies

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capgemini.

Interview

Interview process was cool, 2 rounds of interview; 1st being the basics which one needs to know followed by 2nd round on managerial side asking onshore offshore model etc,(PeopleSoft HRMS); Later HR congratulated as I was selected, informed that I will be contacted next week. This is where it all started going wrong. HR contacted me after 1.5 weeks to discuss about salary details. Then it has been 3 months no offer letter yet, HR I contacted had left the company and he gave me other persons contact detail, ALL I am hearing from them is "Position you have been referred is on hold, we will contact you when we have a requirement".