Capgemini

Updated Dec 9, 2014
Updated Dec 9, 2014

88 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Capgemini.

Hiring process was very quick. I was given a phone interview where we discussed my skills and previous employment. Went over the job qualifications and requirements. I was called to have an in person interview the next day.

Interview Questions
  • Very technical, I was asked very tough technical questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capgemini

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo Grove, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo Grove, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Capgemini in December 2013.

Interview process is pretty fine. They take usually 2-3 rounds. and the questions about the interviews depends upon the role and criticality of the projec.t. Mine was strainght forward. It was a critical req so was able to get thru in 2 rounds. the intital round is techincal and was pretty easy. managerial interviews is more or less like HR types.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation was done as i was joining them as a contractor

Software Engineer Interview

campus interview following career fair

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini in July 2013.

After a call from a recruiter, I had a skype call with a hiring manager who asked about my current job and also some interview-iq questions. After that was a trip to a Newark satellite office of theirs where I talked a little bit more about my previous work, and also a technical portion about enterprise java development

Interview Questions
    • Something about different exception types?   View Answer

Another offer opened up that used a more expressive programming language.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capgemini in May 2013.

One of the best large company
    Industry leader
    great process and efficient enough process with respect to size of the company
    talented people - some of the best of the best
    great resources to learn
    wonderful opportunity to start one's career
    Benefits, Compensation & policies are really good when compared to competition. Some of the benefits like vacation & sick leaves are really good.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Capgemini.

Written test conducted by Cocubes it contains 3 section (English +Reasoning + Maths 25 questions each).

1st: English error correction, idioms, synonyms, antonym were there and some fill in the blanks on articles and there were 2 passages it was easy. (I didn't prepared for this section but if you want to do then follow Indiabix) as per my knowledge cutoff here for this was 18+.

2nd: Reasoning : in this two question on flow chart followed by 8-10 questions, syllogism, statement and conclusion, statement and assumption, 2 questions from series, 2 question from blood relation, 2 questions from coding and decoding. RS agarwal (verbal and nonverbal) is more than enough it was ok ok in term of difficulty level. As per my knowledge cutoff here for this was 18+.

3rd: Maths : Number system, trigonometry, area, triangle, volume, age, profit loss, pie chart, Arithmetic propagation, boat problem, time and distance, (in short have to do all chapters of RS agarwal cannot leave even a single chapter) it was tough section in comparison to above two, time management is required here. As per my knowledge cutoff here for this was 14+.

After written test they announced the results and next round was GD and then technical followed by HR on next day.

In GD topic was is IT industry influencing our culture (it was for almost 50-55 min) there were 11 member in our group 4 cleared it and those people (CapG guys) were very very good in picking candidates in GD (tips: focus on your body language, communication skills, be calm even if anyone goes against you don't fight or respond just focus on your points and don't loss your grip on that (because it's not debate), innovation, valid points and facts if you are sure about any recent survey or such it can help you, most important point conclusion must be there in your mind to wrap all things in last one minute, don't divert from the topic, try to make eye contact with other member never look toward HR or the panel, if you can remember name its + point for you, try to speak at least 2, 3 times (as our was very long GD so 2, 3 time was not sufficient but for most of the time it works in favor if GD duration is 15 min).

After clearing the GD we were asked to go for lunch and then they have decided to take only one round Technical-cum-HR round.

Tech-Cum-HR: he asked me to tell anything that is not mention in resume as my resume was only one page so I had many things to speak up on, after this he asked me about project and technology and here starts the cross questions and I was confident about my concepts he tried to prove me wrong then he asked oops concept in details with real life example, I told everything then he asked about internship and training and what was my role there then he asked my minor project again cross questions it was on java so it covered JDBC, SQL, Servlets and front end I explained everything then he asked me about testing as I mention it there in resume I told him and explained it in simple words and clearly then he asked my favorite subject and in which I scored maximum C, Java, compiler design then asked me everything about compiler inner implementation, working, functionality then he asked about pointers and pros and cons of pointers in C, asked difference in c and java and strictly told me that don't say things that you have read in your books just tell where you find difference as I did project on both I explained and then question on pre processor directives and how does function work in C.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capgemini in November 2014.

first round was conducted by cocubes and one can clear this round by preparing from r.s aggarwal.next round was group discussion.the key to clear this round is confidence.the last round was tech cum hr.they asked questions from your core,project details.be honest with your answers.

No negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Capgemini.

I applied through the campus placement process on co cubes. There was a aptitude test...quants logic and verbal as 3 sections. pretty basic by it was to see how many questions u can solve in minimum amount of time. then was the g.d. topic "Future in I.T.". and then there was the interview... very easy.. asked mainly H.R. questions.

Interview Questions
    • questions about myself... what i have done in my final year project etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Capgemini in October 2014.

This interview of mine was taken by the Production Manager. He started-off as if the round was HR, by asking me my introduction, strengths and weaknesses, why Capgemni? , etc.
    He, then, asked me about the questions covered in the last round. Then he had given me a question to code. The question was that you have been given an array of length N and window of length M which slides over the array. You have to compute the average of the elements in the window for each movement. Initially I started off with the brute force and ultimately reached to the solution he wanted. He then asked me the advantage of starting from brute force. I replied that at-least I have a solution to work upon.
    Then he asked me the designing questions (I didn’t remember what exactly the question was) and further asked me to code a trie. He then asked me about hash-maps and heaps. And ultimately he asked me whether I had any questions to ask.

Software Engineer Interview

first round was a written test which was followed by GD.....later that day in interview was conducted which was tech round and hr round was also embedded in that lone interview.
    All in all its a easy process and by having basic knowledge u can easily pass this process.

Interview Questions
    college offer so no negotiation.