Capgemini Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 3, 2014
Updated Oct 3, 2014

83 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Capgemini.

Hiring process was very quick. I was given a phone interview where we discussed my skills and previous employment. Went over the job qualifications and requirements. I was called to have an in person interview the next day.

Interview Questions
  • Very technical, I was asked very tough technical questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capgemini

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo Grove, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo Grove, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Capgemini in December 2013.

Interview process is pretty fine. They take usually 2-3 rounds. and the questions about the interviews depends upon the role and criticality of the projec.t. Mine was strainght forward. It was a critical req so was able to get thru in 2 rounds. the intital round is techincal and was pretty easy. managerial interviews is more or less like HR types.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation was done as i was joining them as a contractor

Software Engineer Interview

campus interview following career fair

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini in July 2013.

After a call from a recruiter, I had a skype call with a hiring manager who asked about my current job and also some interview-iq questions. After that was a trip to a Newark satellite office of theirs where I talked a little bit more about my previous work, and also a technical portion about enterprise java development

Interview Questions
    • Something about different exception types?   View Answer

Another offer opened up that used a more expressive programming language.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capgemini in May 2013.

One of the best large company
    Industry leader
    great process and efficient enough process with respect to size of the company
    talented people - some of the best of the best
    great resources to learn
    wonderful opportunity to start one's career
    Benefits, Compensation & policies are really good when compared to competition. Some of the benefits like vacation & sick leaves are really good.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Capgemini.

first round was a written test which was followed by GD.....later that day in interview was conducted which was tech round and hr round was also embedded in that lone interview.
    All in all its a easy process and by having basic knowledge u can easily pass this process.

Interview Questions
    college offer so no negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

Written test , Gd and a pi .. Not very tough to get through for an average c.sc student. But me being from a mechanical engineering background made it tough for me.
    Be open and confident and demonstrate your skills with some unique achievements and its not a tough thing to get through. All the very best

Interview Questions
    • How do u think u can manage to fit yourself into my company being from a totally different background   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Capgemini in September 2014.

We had to give an aptitude test followed by group discussion and thn the personal interview.
    the aptitude test included long passages, graphical interpretation sums, trigonometry sums and covered almost all chapters from RS agrawal.
    group discussion topics were randomn. (e.g: will corporate sponsorship revive sports in india, will modi government be corruption free, media, privatization etc).
    Interview most of it was HR but in my panel it was more of technical only basic HR was asked. if your basics are strong this shouldnt be a problem.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capgemini in September 2014.

Capgemini has 3 stages for its campus recruitment. It was Day-2 company at our University and came along with Intel, Ericsson, HP.

First stage was written conducted by cocubes. The written was above average as compared CTS or Infosys. There is negative marking. So trick is to solve the questions about which you are absolutely sure because rejection list is high in written. From 879 students they selected 229. The question covered literally everything from trigonometry to number system and from permutation to geometry. Aptitude consists every field including two flow charts and few question were solvable by just looking at it. Verbal was easy for people with English background.

Next step was GD. They divided 229 students into 19 groups and gave two minutes to ponder our thoughts on the topic. Topic was "Influence of SNS on Gen Y". Main selection criteria was number of valid points with references and fluency and your confidence while speaking. If you are aggressive and make it a fish market then you are done. From 229 here 113 were selected. From each group they selected top 2 students and send them for PI. Rest selected students were instructed to wait.

In PI they started with my home city, my introduction and followed was what I know about my state Orissa and my city Bhubaneswar. It didn't feel like an interview at first it was like a casual talk about my city and famous food items etc. From there it went to 3D printers and printing mechanism. Then followed was mechanism of Automatic Iron, rotary compressor then he asked about my project, interests, and how me being mechanical engineer be good in IT. Then he asked GK question like what's happening in UK. Who is PM of Australia etc. Being honest and respecting is the key. Don't panic if you don't know somethi.

Interview Questions
    • In PI they started with my home city, my introduction and followed was what I know about my state Orissa and my city Bhubaneswar. It didn't feel like an interview at first it was like a casual talk about my city and famous food items etc. From there it went to 3D printers and printing mechanism. Then followed was mechanism of Automatic Iron, rotary compressor then he asked about my project, interests, and how me being mechanical engineer be good in IT. Then he asked GK question like what's happening in UK. Who is PM of Australia etc. Being honest and respecting is the key. Don't panic if you don't know something.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Capgemini in August 2014.

There where a total of 3 rounds
    1.aptitude
    2.group discussion
    3.technical/hr

aptitude test was conducted by co cubes and was astandard one.
    group discussion involved 10 members in a team and thetime given wasten minutes .
    out of 10 only 5 from each team are selected.

technical round basic c,c++ questions and c programs where asked.

Interview Questions
    it was a oncampus drive.no negotiaition.