Capgemini Staff Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 13, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini (Chicago, IL).

Interview

They first came to campus where there was a breif interview which they stressed was mainly for us to ask questions and get to know more about the company. Within the next two or so weeks I then got invited for an on site interview. This was fairly relaxed as well. I met with 3 people, 2 of which had a list of fairly normal behavioral questions and the 3rd led a case study. It wasn't super hard, they basically gave you an example client and asked you to design a mock product for their needs.

Interview Questions

• They asked fairly standard behavioral type questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't really negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for Capgemini

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Fairly straight forward. The first interview was done on campus. Then they ask you to come to their office and present how you would consult using a case study. You then meet with several interviewers and talk through your decision making process for the case study as well as answer general behavioral interview questions (i.e. Why would you want to do consulting?).

Interview Questions

• Why would you be good at consulting?   1 Answer

Staff Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview

The interview process was two rounds. The first was on campus and last 30-60 minutes. All of the questions were bahvioral and asked by one person. The second was on-site and involved four separate employees. The first three were behavioral and getting to know you. The last one was a case study to see how you would hadle a certain situation.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral, trying to see if you are a fit culturally   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Capgemini (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First round Interview was on campus and a 30-minute behavioral interview. Pretty basic behavioral questions, interviewer was very straight-faced and difficult to read. Went over by 20 minutes but interviewer gave no indication of her emotions and overall thought interview was just okay. A little uncomfortable at first, but questions were not difficult to answer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in your life when you did everything right but still did not get the result that you wanted.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capgemini (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

After passing a basic phone interview, I interviewed in the Houston office for an SAP staff consultant role. Three different interviews with three different members of staff. Make sure you show up early so you have time to look over the case study! It's not a very traditional case study--they leave it very open ended so you can talk it through with them. Just make sure that you have lots of angles you have considered on the case and lots of questions that you would want to explore further.

Overall, I had a great experience. Everyone was friendly and kind to me, and it felt very conversational. Prove that you know some industry terminology, prove that you can interact with people (even difficult ones) well, and prove that you are good at thinking about case studies. There is no "right" answer, they just want to see that you understand basic business principles when thinking about problems.

After the interview I was told I would be contacted in 2 weeks, but it really took 4 before they extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you failed at something? Why did it happen? What would you do differently?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Capgemini (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Encountered Cap at a career fair and then attended their info session at the university. Really showed a lot of interest by asking the recruiters a lot of questions and networking. Also spoke to them through email.
    Was invited for first round interviews. This was a short 1 on 1 interview. Very comfortable and enjoyable. Really try to understand your personality and if you'll be a fit. Its a behavioral interview.
    The second interview took place a few weeks later. This was a day with 3 interviews. One of these interviews is a case study about a company wanting to improve sales. The other two were again, interviews to see how you fit. Very little has to do with your qualifications. It has more to do with how you work with others and your leadership and initiative. The turnaround time was the worst part. They said they would get back in 2 weeks but actually took almost 6 weeks.
    The people you talk to are great and make you feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• If you had to design an "iFan", how would you go about it?
      If I gave you an unlimited amount of money as an investment, what would you do with it?
      Tell me about yourself.
      Why Cap?
      Why consulting?
      What differentiates us from competitors?
      How would you persuade a client to use Capgemini’s services?
      How do you balance priorities?
      Why consulting?
      Resume rundown?
      What have you done to better yourself?
      Talk about a time when you went above and beyond.
      Long term goals.

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position through my university's career center and attending an information center the following week to learn more about the company. I was invited for a first-round interview along with about ten others. The first-round interview was very relaxed and sat almost exactly at the thirty minute mark. It was all behavioral-type questions and I was asked if I wanted a technical or functional role within the company, to which I replied functional; the interview subsequently steered itself in an increasingly functional direction. All in all this interview was not particularly difficult or challenging.

A few days later I was invited for a second round interview at their office in Irving and it consisted of three 30-minute interviews. Make sure you show up a bit early for this round! I honestly should've showed up a bit earlier than I did, because between talking to your 'buddy' that you are assigned to show you around and meeting some of the other interviewees, you won't have enough time to look over the case study that you're presented with.

The interviews were rotational, so I had my case interview first. It was a hypothetical situation in which the CTO of a company is faced with lagging sales due to poor performance on the side of his sales team. You are supposed to ask questions and guide yourself to a solution to this by finding out what's truly wrong and digging deeper into the issue. After a bit of discussion, I was presented with a list of possible solutions and told to select two and defend them. This was the hardest of the three interviews in my opinion, but if you're prepared and willing to ask questions and listen carefully, it won't be all that difficult. You will be rewarded more for listening than you will for responding.

My second interview was completely behavioral and when I got to ask questions I got to find out a lot more about company's culture. My interviewer was not local, so it was very interesting to get a traveler's perspective on what the company does. This interview was very relaxed and I never once felt pressured for an answer- it ran a bit over time, and my interviewer and I actually ended up discussing how we like exploring local cultures through cuisine- this caused quite a bit of a ruckus through laughter, oops!

My third interview followed the same relaxed nature of my second, with a bit more technicality thrown in. I was not asked anything that challenged my knowledge. The questions were more to gauge what I enjoyed doing in terms of technical tasks and what I was capable of/enjoyed learning. This interview was with a manager of a local project.

All in all I felt that my interviews went very well, and I did not hear back from any of my interviewers after following up (who actually does, anyways?). I was told to expect a reply within two weeks, but didn't hear back until I followed up after three weeks. The national recruiter was very prompt with her replies and told me to expect an update before the fourth week had passed, and I received a call the next day informing me that I would be receiving an offer. I received the offer by email two days later and was given two days (a bit rushed, yeah?) to accept it, which I did.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Capgemini?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you set your expectations too high and fell short of them.   Answer Question
    • What do you do if a client completely disagrees with what you say and refuses to even acknowledge your input?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to find the source of a problem in a project you were working on and how you solved said problem.   Answer Question
    • What are the three most important qualities a consultant must have, in your opinion?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Capgemini (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus career services. A week and a half later I received an invite to interview on campus two weeks from the invite. The campus interview involved a discussion on what Capgemini was and what they had to offer and behavioral questions. Two weeks later I was invited to fly out to an interview on-site, out of state. They flew me out on their dime and put me up in a really nice hotel for the night. The on-site interview was spread across three Capgemini managers in one-on-one session of about 30-40 minutes. The first was a business case and you had give your ideas on how to solve the problem. The second interview was purely behavioral questions. The third was a conversation on your past work experience, your aspirations and where your interests lie. The people and employees I got to meet were very friendly and professional. I received notification of rejection 4 weeks after the on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you establish trust upon first contact with a client?   Answer Question
    • What was the hardest decision you had to make in your schooling or career?   Answer Question

Staff Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview

two round first is telephone interview, ask about behavior questions. second round has two parts one is behavior question and the other is case study. make sure you know everything about your resume and has a clear career goal

Staff Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini in February 2015.

Interview

Found out about it through a career fair. Applied on line and was accepted to an interview. Did not get invited to second round of interviews. The interview was not out of the ordinary. It was mostly behavioral and focused highly on communication and leadership skills. The questions were all very basic.