Capgemini Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.9

Business Analytics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini.

1) CV and cover letter
    2) Phone interview
    3) Talent selection event
    - 3.1) Modelling challenge: A week before the interview, I was given a data set which I had to analyse and present the results on the interview day)
    - 3.2) Group case: This was my least favourite part. In a group of 4 interviewees, we had to read a case, discuss about it and present the solutions to the interviewers - the other candidates in the group are not necessarily applying for the same role.
    -3.3) Individual case

Interview Questions
    • 1) Phone interview: General motivation and competency-based questions; I did not have to do a case
      2) Individual case: Unexpectedly, I was given a HR case.

Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Capgemini.

Phone then assessment centre where it was more of a talent day. Met most of the team and got a good idea of how everyone worked together. Fairly standard process so if you're used to this you should be fine.

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Capgemini in February 2015.

Fairly straightforward application process, everyone I spoke with at Capgemini throughout the process was incredibly kind and friendly.

4-step processes which included:
    1) Online application
    2) Situational test
    3) Telephone interview
    4) Assessment centre

Online application contained the usual stuff, personal information, why Capgemini, why the industry etc...

The situational test was straightforward, its not one of those tests where there is a right/wrong answer and a couple hours after you finish it, they send you a feedback form with your top 3 strengths which I thought was a nice touch.

Telephone interview was about 30 minutes long, 5 minutes in I had forgotten it was an interview and it seemed more like a friendly chat. Questions included, why did I choose my University? Why Capgemini? Why are you interested in technology? As well as a few competency-based questions.

I was offered the assessment centre a couple of days after my interview, however it took them almost 3 months to give me an exact date. Capgemini reimbursed some of my accommodation and travels.

The day was comprised of; a group exercise, presentation of a case study (which you are given a week before) and an interview with 2 members of senior management. Luckily for me, my interview slot was at the end of the day, whereas some candidates had interviews straight away. The feel of the offices was great and everyone their was very friendly and open to questions. Since all the interviews were not done at once, some ice breakers are arranged to pass the time and get to know the other candidates which was nice. The group exercise involved reading a 15 page case study and then as a group coming up with solutions/strategies for the company in question, this I found to be the hardest part of the day as striking the right balance between being too bossy and too quiet can be difficult in a competitive situation, especially when there are about 8 assessors watching you. The presentation is straightforward if you are well prepared, however expect questions mid presentation and not at the end like I was expecting. Straight after the presentation you go onto your interview which is mainly strength-based and really seemed more like a chance to get to know you as a person.

Overall, I would say it was a good experience and if you're prepared, you`ll do just fine!

Interview Questions
    • If you could have anyone in the world as a contact to improve your network of contacts, who would it be?   Answer Question

PMO Lead Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Capgemini.

First was a telephonic HR round discussing about competency/skillbased, salary questions... Next was a F2F with Senior PMO Managagr - a deep dive into skill set and knowledge about the company. Final was a case study + technical round with Business Unit Leads.

Interview Questions
    • Case study discussion should cover all your past experiences/challenges and how you overcome it   View Answer

Graduate Management Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Capgemini.

I filled out the application form online before being invited to undertake the situational strengths test. The situational strengths test posed a number of scenarios and I had to rank my responses between most likely to do and least likely to do. A number of the responses were very similar and was therefore was difficult to determine the appropriate response. Within a few hours of completing the test, I received an email highlighting my three greatest strengths (Agile, Networker, Active Ownership) and ideas on how to develop these skills further which I thought was a great bit of feedback.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini.

online application form consisting of specific questions relating to you and your skills. They want you to select a work stream to work in upfront and then you are expected to tell them why you are well suited to that work stream. Then got online testing and then invited for phone interview. Was asked about myself entirely and not about the company. Interview was about 30 min. Have been asked to next round of interview but don't have a date yet.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Capgemini in November 2014.

Applied through a recruitment agency. Entire process very quick- 10 days from initial application to offer acceptance. First stage was 15 min phonecall with a manager, did a CV runthrough and asked some technical questions. Final interview was scheduled for a week later- this was with head of practice and a manager. Comprised of case study and competency / cultural fit questions. Half hour to prepare 10 minute flipchart project plan presentation followed by another 45 mins of questions around experience, aspirations etc. Friendly interviewers, not overly stuffy or unnecessarily formal and gave me a really good feel for the company.

Interview Questions
    • Case study: design a project plan for a finance systems implementation. Include plan, configuration, deliverables and challenges.   Answer Question

Programmer Manager Interview

Senior level hire. Extended interview process with senior management in two countries via face-to-face and phone calls. Five interviews in total with the last one - which I was assured was a 'nice to have' - rescheduled three times due to the individual's availability. The recruiter and hiring manager were apologetic.

Senior Customer Service Advisor Interview

Several interviews over skype and phone, HR general screening, general IT technical assesement, language tests. Last interview was with Operations manager and Team lead of the team needing additional resources.

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini in July 2014.

Invited to interview at HQ in Holborn. Interview was relaxed and felt at ease with the interviewer who was clearly strong in his field. Received a good introduction into how the company structured their Solution Architect practice. Got a good feel of the culture which felt relaxed without compromising professionalism. Second interview was less structured and there was not a clear indication about where I might fit in the organisation. An offer was expected but never materialised despite subsequent conversations with the original interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most innovative contribution that you have made to an application outsourcing solution that has differentiated your solution from competition.   Answer Question