Capgemini Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.9

BTS - Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini (London, England (UK)).

Interview

45 mins of face-to-face conversation on past experiences, roles and responsibilities. Overall straight-forward interview session coupled with deep-dive on couple of engagements with focus on technical architecture and stakeholders management.

Good overview provided on expectation and what the position and job responsibility will consists of.

Applications Consultant SAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Capgemini (Woking, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Assessment Centre at Woking office followed telephone interview. Assessment centre included 45 minute group task, 15 minute presentation based on case study sent to me 2 weeks in advance of assessment centre and 45 minute face-to-face interview. Interviewer was very friendly. Recent graduate working at Capgemini was with all applicants all day to answer any questions throughout the day.

Interview Questions

• Competency based questions. Questions regarding interests and interest in role/area applied to.   Answer Question

Graduate Technology Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview

Interview was fairly relaxed. Some competency based questions that I had to spend a little more time thinking about, but it didn't feel like they were trying to catch me out. As people have said previously the group exercise is also pretty straightforward, just make sure you include everyone.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you worked in a team and had to overcome a problem?   Answer Question

Lead Consultant - Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Initial telephone interview with standard questions around knowledge of Capgemini, quick Cv run through, why consulting, reasons for leaving, motivations, what would you bring to Cap, etc.
    Invited to the next stage - a 6 hour Talent Selection Event comprising of Company presentation, 1.5 hour interview including short case study given on the day followed by detailed group case study exercise (20 mins reading time, 45-50 minutes of prep, 30 min presentation and Q & A). Final part of this event was a networking event with other consultants at the firm.

Was given 15 min prep/read time for the short case study, and the interviewer would then want to discuss my views on the questions given. In my case, I was supposed to be a programme manager setting up a programme - my approach to setting it up.

For the group case study, try to get through the material as quickly as possible focussing on key facts rather than distractions. The time provided is deliberately limited to see how you handle large amounts of info in a short amount of time. Be prepared to explain your recommendation for the solution to their problem and the reasons why you have ruled out others.

In the end I was made a verbal offer the next day itself and I was shocked to hear it was over 10% BELOW my current compensation! For spending this amount of time interviewing, you certainly expect better treatment and atleast a respectable offer. Declined!

Interview Questions

• If I went to your line manager and asked for 3 good things and 3 bad things about you, what would they be?   1 Answer

Business Analytics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini (London, England (UK)).

Interview

1) CV and cover letter
    2) Phone interview
    3) Talent selection event
    - 3.1) Modelling challenge: A week before the interview, I was given a data set which I had to analyse and present the results on the interview day)
    - 3.2) Group case: This was my least favourite part. In a group of 4 interviewees, we had to read a case, discuss about it and present the solutions to the interviewers - the other candidates in the group are not necessarily applying for the same role.
    -3.3) Individual case

Interview Questions

• 1) Phone interview: General motivation and competency-based questions; I did not have to do a case
      2) Individual case: Unexpectedly, I was given a HR case.

Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview

Phone then assessment centre where it was more of a talent day. Met most of the team and got a good idea of how everyone worked together. Fairly standard process so if you're used to this you should be fine.

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Capgemini (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Fairly straightforward application process, everyone I spoke with at Capgemini throughout the process was incredibly kind and friendly.

4-step processes which included:
    1) Online application
    2) Situational test
    3) Telephone interview
    4) Assessment centre

Online application contained the usual stuff, personal information, why Capgemini, why the industry etc...

The situational test was straightforward, its not one of those tests where there is a right/wrong answer and a couple hours after you finish it, they send you a feedback form with your top 3 strengths which I thought was a nice touch.

Telephone interview was about 30 minutes long, 5 minutes in I had forgotten it was an interview and it seemed more like a friendly chat. Questions included, why did I choose my University? Why Capgemini? Why are you interested in technology? As well as a few competency-based questions.

I was offered the assessment centre a couple of days after my interview, however it took them almost 3 months to give me an exact date. Capgemini reimbursed some of my accommodation and travels.

The day was comprised of; a group exercise, presentation of a case study (which you are given a week before) and an interview with 2 members of senior management. Luckily for me, my interview slot was at the end of the day, whereas some candidates had interviews straight away. The feel of the offices was great and everyone their was very friendly and open to questions. Since all the interviews were not done at once, some ice breakers are arranged to pass the time and get to know the other candidates which was nice. The group exercise involved reading a 15 page case study and then as a group coming up with solutions/strategies for the company in question, this I found to be the hardest part of the day as striking the right balance between being too bossy and too quiet can be difficult in a competitive situation, especially when there are about 8 assessors watching you. The presentation is straightforward if you are well prepared, however expect questions mid presentation and not at the end like I was expecting. Straight after the presentation you go onto your interview which is mainly strength-based and really seemed more like a chance to get to know you as a person.

Overall, I would say it was a good experience and if you're prepared, you`ll do just fine!

Interview Questions

• If you could have anyone in the world as a contact to improve your network of contacts, who would it be?   Answer Question

PMO Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Capgemini.

Interview

First was a telephonic HR round discussing about competency/skillbased, salary questions... Next was a F2F with Senior PMO Managagr - a deep dive into skill set and knowledge about the company. Final was a case study + technical round with Business Unit Leads.

Interview Questions

• Case study discussion should cover all your past experiences/challenges and how you overcome it   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Capgemini.

Interview

I filled out the application form online before being invited to undertake the situational strengths test. The situational strengths test posed a number of scenarios and I had to rank my responses between most likely to do and least likely to do. A number of the responses were very similar and was therefore was difficult to determine the appropriate response. Within a few hours of completing the test, I received an email highlighting my three greatest strengths (Agile, Networker, Active Ownership) and ideas on how to develop these skills further which I thought was a great bit of feedback.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

Interview

online application form consisting of specific questions relating to you and your skills. They want you to select a work stream to work in upfront and then you are expected to tell them why you are well suited to that work stream. Then got online testing and then invited for phone interview. Was asked about myself entirely and not about the company. Interview was about 30 min. Have been asked to next round of interview but don't have a date yet.