Capgemini

Getting the Interview

139 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Staff Consultant Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Capgemini in March 2014.

Interview Details – Basic campus recruiting process. Met with consultant at career fair, expressed high interest in consulting and consulting lifestyle (always traveling). Was contacted by the consultant saying that I was invited for a interview on campus the following week. Was very early to the interview, the person before me didn't show up so I got to go early. Even though this is a great paying job people will miss their interview... He was nice but dry, cutting to the point many times, he appreciated short factual answers. Not long drawn out stories. The most important question is definitely, why do you want be a consultant and why Capgemini? Be ready to wow them. I was asked this again in the second round. Overall the first interview was quite pleasant. Take every opportunity to sell yourself, show your fire.

Was contacted the same day that I was invited for the second round in their corporate office. 3 30 minute rounds will take place. Get their early enough to review the case study and don't get to chatty with the other consultants and interviewees, its like they are trying to distract you and feel you out. You will also be given a buddy, be careful what you project, ask them questions about their expertise and experiences with Capgemini. They will do most of the talking if you let them.

Make sure you understand your body language, as all the interviewers will be gauging your behavior. Have examples of good communication, team work, leadership, and presentation skills, the first two interviews will touch on those. The second interviewer had a bit of a "snarky" era making small faces, looking at ringing phone/text/email, challenging my examples, etc. They want to see you flustered and how you respond.

Be sure you have enough time to read the case study, once you get in the room they will have a list of objections changing what you've been thinking of the whole time. The most important part is to know how to explain yourself and ask effective questions.

Interview Question – Leadership questions   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Capgemini in May 2013.

Interview Details – One of the best large company
Industry leader
great process and efficient enough process with respect to size of the company
talented people - some of the best of the best
great resources to learn
wonderful opportunity to start one's career
Benefits, Compensation & policies are really good when compared to competition. Some of the benefits like vacation & sick leaves are really good.

Interview Question – Code for binary tree   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview Details – I applied through a college career center website, and I got called in to interview on campus a few weeks later. Outside of the interview room, additional Capgemini consultants were there to answer any questions/introduce yourself to before the actual interview. Everyone was extremely personable and friendly. The actual interview, however, was really awkward. My interviewer asked a lot of random situational questions that seemed really off the wall. The gaps between questions were uncomfortable…it just wasn't a good interview to say the least. Pretty unfortunate as well because the job sounded like something I would have loved.

Interview Question – Do you feel it is important to work with people of many different cultures and backgrounds? Why? (or something like that)   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Jersey City, NJ

I applied online - interviewed at Capgemini in August 2013.

Interview Details – Phone screening interview with HR for the first round. Some general behavioral and immediately signed up for the another phone interview. Second phone interview is with someone from the division you are applying and more behavioral questions. Final round is in their office and consist of 3 interviews. One behavioral interview, one case study, and one group exercise. They give you a case prior to the interview to prepare.

Interview Question – Explain to me why Capgemini should hire you using the whiteboard.
Explain to me one of your hobbies and persuade me to learn that hobby.
  Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Java Developer
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Capgemini in August 2013.

Interview Details – It was a terrible experience! First a recruiter will call you and set up a skype interview in two weeks! Initially, the recruiter will scare you about tough and challenging interviews capgemini is famous for.. and exactly the same thing happens while interviewing... I come from biomedical field and pursuing masters in bioinformatics, however, I do have 2 to 3 years of experience in java support with TCS! Height of irrelevant interview questions::

What projects did you do in java during M.S. or B.S.? How its possible even to think of java wen I am studying bio.. OMG! expression on my face..even after reading my resume they could ask me this question..
I was expecting about What is java? method overloading? method overriding? Write a simple code in java? and PL/SQL thing? .. which were relevant to work exp. on my resume!
That man, never asked me what is on my resume...... Well he asked me like this ===>
What is dynamic dispatch method? ( Its a C++ or C# terminology).. which in JAVA means dynamic polymorphism..? Why can't they ask straight forward if both means and work exactly the same way but in different environments or languages... Well that was it and I got caught off guard in first question itself...
What is RMI? .... A JSP question... I have never worked in JSP at all..
What are virtual methods? ....again polymorphism.. but these words you won't speak in java.. so beware and read thoroughly the ORACLE tutorials for JAVA.
How would you make connection to database without using username and password? Passing password is not secure.. how to make a connection?
If client provides you only with HTML pages and says retrieve records through HTML pages and make a DB connection? How will you do?
Can main method be overridden? If not how to achieve overriding of it? Can static method be overridden? (easy question was happy :))
How to achieve multiple inheritance in java using classes and not interfaces?
Given subclass and super class.. Which constructor is invoked? what is output? Hierarchy of constructor?

DO NOT JUST MUG UP THE 110 JAVA interview questions you will find online..Better read at least 1 java book in detail and try to answer questions logically and not just vomit out everything you have mugged up like a parrot.. 2-3 days before of your interview...if you come from non-computer science background!!!
Answer all questions strategically.. Because If they catch you in one of your questions..they will tear you apart and cross questions' you and confuse you..

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview Details – I received an interview with Capgemini through career services as school. The interview was about an hour long. It was a one on one session with a Capgemini employee. He asked basic behavioral questions like how did you handle a difficult situation. Also had to explain things on my resume.

Interview Question – What do you know about Capgemini and what it offers.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Capgemini in November 2011.

Interview Details – First round consisted of 2 45 minute case interviews one on one with a recent MBA hire. Cases were not terribly difficult.
Second round was in the company office. 2 more case interviews and one 15 minute behavioral interview with executive level. Degree of difficulty in 2nd round cases harder.

Interview Question – What do you bring to the table?   Answer Question

Staff Consultant Interview

Staff Consultant
Burbank, CA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview Details – interviewed on campus, and then was invited for an on-site interview. Met with three managers; 2 behavioral interviews one case.

Interview Question – highlight some of the relevant skills on your resume   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capgemini in April 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process started with an initial phone screen with an HR employee. This interview consisted of describing your resume/experience as well as HR related questions. The second interview was a service line phone screen with a Manager from the department you are applying for. The final in-person interview consisted of 2 interviews: behavioral based and a case study. The behavioral based were standard questions. The case study was slightly intense in that they didn't give you anything to read. All of the information was presented orally and you are expected to take notes. They ask you questions and expect you to have a well reason logical solution.

Interview Question – Please tell me how to reduce the cash conversion cycle at client x? What factors need to be considered?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined the offer because they required relocation which was not an option.

Windows Administrative Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Capgemini in March 2013.

Interview Details – Many behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Trying to figure out what they wanted   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Capgemini

Worked for Capgemini? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Capgemini interview questions and advice in United States. All 139 interview reviews posted anonymously by Capgemini employees and interview candidates.