Capgemini Interview Questions in United States

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Wonderful interview experience. Interviews included Sr. Managers, Managers, and VPs. I truly felt that I connected with the culture of the company. The company showed a true desire for diverse candidates - ethnicity, education, gender.They invest quite a bit of money in their campus hires. Training included a business trip for training in Mumbai for 5 weeks.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (Houston, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview and selection process is similar to many big 4 firms. But the recruiting team is great and very aggressive to the business requirements of the client. Good process for screening as uses phone and Skype which avoids the issue of fake profiles for client purposes and internal hiring process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Good, moderate and

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview

I interviewed for 2 positions, the first one was going to lead to an offer but last minute HR came and said the client restructured the team and they didnt need me. She set another interview for a PMO position in Chicago, the interview was with the Hiring Manager. I thought the interview was hard, the interviewer thought i had more experience and was really abrupt and negative. I didnt feel comfortable, and i never got a call back. A second HR person from Capgemini called to set me up for another interview a few weeks later for another position during Thanksgiving and never called back or email back when i followed up to set up an interview. Over all a very negative experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you have a Gap between your Junior year of college and February 2010?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini in April 2010.

Interview

First had interview on campus. General interview questions, where do you see yourself in 5 years, etc. First interview was relatively straightforward. Second interviews were in office, one was a case interview, another was a behavioral interview. Between the interviews all of the candidates were sat down at a group table to speak with multiple current employees. During the case interview there were two questions, one was a brain teaser and another was a case question from the interviewers past experiences. The interviewers kept all of the notes I took during the case interview. They also were keen to see/keep a paper example copy of a project I had worked on in the past.

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capgemini (Raleigh, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

interviews went on well. there were Questions on unix, oracle both technical and practical questions were asked along with syntax. Only telephonic inetrview for about 1 hour and one person in interview panel.

Interview Questions

• Difference between soft and hard link, cold/hot backup and basic questions on autosys   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

After passing a basic phone interview, I interviewed in the Houston office for an SAP staff consultant role. Three different interviews with three different members of staff. Make sure you show up early so you have time to look over the case study! It's not a very traditional case study--they leave it very open ended so you can talk it through with them. Just make sure that you have lots of angles you have considered on the case and lots of questions that you would want to explore further. Overall, I had a great experience. Everyone was friendly and kind to me, and it felt very conversational. Prove that you know some industry terminology, prove that you can interact with people (even difficult ones) well, and prove that you are good at thinking about case studies. There is no "right" answer, they just want to see that you understand basic business principles when thinking about problems. After the interview I was told I would be contacted in 2 weeks, but it really took 4 before they extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you failed at something? Why did it happen? What would you do differently?   Answer Question

Staff Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process for a campus hired included three parts. First was the at school behavioral interview which lasted 30 minutes and you were given scenarios that evaluated how you reacted. Second interview included a case study that was to be analyzed in group of 4 and presented in front of 5 Capgemini Managers. The last interview was at their Houston office and it made of two behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions

• The case study was the most difficult to evaluate, make sure you go over what Capgemini offers to their Clients.   Answer Question

Staff Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini in November 2014.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews. 1st was a phone screening. 2nd round: two 30 min on campus interviews, one of them was the case study. 3rd round was another phone interview.

Interview Questions

• There was a pharmaceutical company case study.   1 Answer

I had better offers.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (Bellevue, WA) in December 2011.

Interview

Recruiter call, 2-4 rounds of technical phone/skype interviews, followed by in-person interview.

Negotiation

Tough but stick to your stand and you won't be disappointed.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewed on-site at South SF office for entry-level consulting role in General Practice. Behavioral and case interview over a period of about 2 hours total. I was told I would interview with a manager and a VP at the firm. I arrived about ten minutes early, but was made to wait longer than usual. I never ended up interviewing with either of the two people mentioned. Instead, a different first interviewer came about ten minutes late, and curtly directed me to follow him. He put the case interview on me first, which was not the order I expected. Case wasn't too bad and the interviewer was reasonably responsive during the process, although he played with his smartphone in plain sight while I was working on computations, and could act cold at times during the interview. Was not very friendly. They then put me back in the lobby. I could clearly see the woman VP I was supposed to interview with, but they shifted me to another VP in the company. The other VP made me wait about 20 minutes in the lobby before the next (behavioral) interview. He initially started off nice and friendly, but quickly became condescending and commanding. There was no structure for the interview. He seemed to instead try picking up on various parts of whatever we were talking about and would become combative and insult me. He also asked me where I was from at the start of the interview, even though that's against the law. I started talking about a research project I was doing, and he asked me to explain it. He became extremely cocky and aggressive. He started vehemently attacking parts of my project, even insulting me as ignorant. He commanded me to give a presentation in front of him about my project by drawing slides on his white board. He would frequently cut me off and tell me I had only a few seconds left. He commanded me to tell him what the most major flaw in my project was. He kept telling me my answers were wrong before asserting that something else was my project's fatal flaw, as if he was speaking down to a child. He proceeded to ask me about a recent news event and my thoughts on it. Whenever I brought up a viewpoint and backed it up, he kept cutting me off and told me I was wrong, wrong, wrong. He cut me off multiple times before I stated I would stick with my answer/opinion on the news event. He then gave me a brainteaser and I started to work through it on his whiteboard. As I was doing so, he started to interrupt me and mock me for not knowing the correct number for the population of SF. He asked "Don't you read those signs on the Golden Gate or Bay Bridge while you are driving?" Since he seemed to know, I asked him to offer what the correct population number for SF was. He refused to do so. After finishing he further mocked me and asked how I could be a PS major or be from California, and not know the exact population of SF. He asked "You call yourself a political science major and don't even know the population of San Francisco? Do you not even care?" I stayed silent, but he kept egging me on, saying "No, really, do you not really care?" I said "No, I..." before he cut me off and said "Oh, so you don't care?!" I said that no, that wasn't it, that I simply did not have the number of SF population at that time. After this dressing down, he concluded the interview. Overall, a very, very rude and denigrating experience, and from a VP with over ten years experience with the firm who was very abusive to a college student interviewing at his firm.

Interview Questions

• Are you the type of person who just makes assumptions without even thinking? You call yourself a political science major and don't even know the population of San Francisco?   Answer Question