Capgemini

Very Difficult Interview

Manager Interview

Manager
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Capgemini in June 2013.

Interview Details – The interview and selection process is similar to many big 4 firms. But the recruiting team is great and very aggressive to the business requirements of the client. Good process for screening as uses phone and Skype which avoids the issue of fake profiles for client purposes and internal hiring process

Interview Question – Why join Capgemini compared to other Big 4   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Good, moderate and

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview Details – The interviewing process was pretty straight forward. 1st the recruiter contacts you and then sets up the face to face. I interviewed with (3) different people in about 2 hours time frame. All were very knowledgeable about the job. Then out the blue (after a 2 week span) i got a call from the recruiter telling me that my salary requirement was denied and that I needed to interview with a Principal. The day of the interview the Principal was late therefore I reached out to the recruiter. He advised me that the Principal was running late. Very unprofessional. Once the principal got me on the phone, she see rushing and not interested in talking to me or anybody for that matter. Very tacky, but she did give me some insight that this company loves hiring "NEW COLLEGE GRAD'S" and not mid level professionals. Great meeting new people but I think this company is so used to hiring new grads and that's all they look to hire.

Senior Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview Details – 2 Technical Rounds + 1HR round

Interview Question – What is the important aspect that you love about your job?
This question was asked during technical round.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated a little bit, but salary was above industry standard.

Staff Consultant Interview

Staff Consultant
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Capgemini in October 2011.

Interview Details – Pre-Interview Stage:
Essentially, the key is to meet and talk to as many people as you can, as often as you can, and the way to do this is to go to as many events as you can; career fair booth (a must), meet and greet (possible to skip, but why give up on free pizza?), and the orientation (a must). If enough people like you, you will be considered for an on-campus interview.

On-Campus Interview:
More than likely, this will be conducted by someone who has been with the company for about a year to two years. Experienced staff consultant to senior consultant level. Will ask mainly questions about resume, why consulting, what do you know about Capgemini, what do you know about consulting. Essentially the standard boiler plate consulting-type questions. I don't remember this interview being essentially difficult.

On-Site Interview:
If you are selected to move forward, you will be invited on-site for 2-3 1:1 interviews. It has definitely changed since I was extended an offer. These interviews are conducted by more senior people; experienced managers to principal-level. Depending on who you get paired up with depends on how your interview will go; I was paired up with someone who tried to see if I was lying about my programming background and kept on asking more and more specific questions. The other interviewer wanted to see how I thought on my feet and asked me a lot of hypothetical questions. I've heard tales of some interviewers just flat out trying to see if they could get their interviewees to cry.

Interview Question – If you were a manager and you were tasked to pick a team, how would you go about picking a team? What if someone that you chose to be on your team wanted to be on another role?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of three rounds. The first round was an on-campus 30 minute interview, the second was an on-site interview in the Atlanta office and consisted of three 30 minute interviews. The final round was a phone interview with a senior partner that lasted around 30 minutes. The questions were fairly standard behavioral based, the only exception being a case study during the on-site interviews.

Interview Question – The interview questions were not that difficult, mainly behavioral based. The case study was not difficult either. The only one that was somewhat difficult asked was "How do you think you will handle the coding, since your background is not in computer engineering?"   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Buffalo Grove, IL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Capgemini in December 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process is pretty fine. They take usually 2-3 rounds. and the questions about the interviews depends upon the role and criticality of the projec.t. Mine was strainght forward. It was a critical req so was able to get thru in 2 rounds. the intital round is techincal and was pretty easy. managerial interviews is more or less like HR types.

Interview Question – Pretty easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was done as i was joining them as a contractor

Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Capgemini in December 2011.

Interview Details – Recruiter call, 2-4 rounds of technical phone/skype interviews, followed by in-person interview.

Negotiation Details – Tough but stick to your stand and you won't be disappointed.

Senior Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview Details – They were looking for technical people. Asked questions about my current work and expectations. Also there were questions on JEE technologies. It was followed by a HR round

Negotiation Details – Couldn't negotiate much

Staff Consultant Interview

Staff Consultant
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Capgemini in March 2014.

Interview Details – Basic campus recruiting process. Met with consultant at career fair, expressed high interest in consulting and consulting lifestyle (always traveling). Was contacted by the consultant saying that I was invited for a interview on campus the following week. Was very early to the interview, the person before me didn't show up so I got to go early. Even though this is a great paying job people will miss their interview... He was nice but dry, cutting to the point many times, he appreciated short factual answers. Not long drawn out stories. The most important question is definitely, why do you want be a consultant and why Capgemini? Be ready to wow them. I was asked this again in the second round. Overall the first interview was quite pleasant. Take every opportunity to sell yourself, show your fire.

Was contacted the same day that I was invited for the second round in their corporate office. 3 30 minute rounds will take place. Get their early enough to review the case study and don't get to chatty with the other consultants and interviewees, its like they are trying to distract you and feel you out. You will also be given a buddy, be careful what you project, ask them questions about their expertise and experiences with Capgemini. They will do most of the talking if you let them.

Make sure you understand your body language, as all the interviewers will be gauging your behavior. Have examples of good communication, team work, leadership, and presentation skills, the first two interviews will touch on those. The second interviewer had a bit of a "snarky" era making small faces, looking at ringing phone/text/email, challenging my examples, etc. They want to see you flustered and how you respond.

Be sure you have enough time to read the case study, once you get in the room they will have a list of objections changing what you've been thinking of the whole time. The most important part is to know how to explain yourself and ask effective questions.

Interview Question – Leadership questions   View Answer

Lead Consultant/Business Analyst Interview

Lead Consultant/Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview Details – The interview process is detailed goes throught multiple round technical plus hr rounds.
Technical round can be very detailed. The HR round is very generic.
The technical round can be divied in multiple round one would be taken by technical lead and a manager .

Interview Question – Why are you joining capgemini.   Answer Question