Capgemini Interview Questions & Reviews in United States

Updated Aug 25, 2014
155 interviews

155 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst/PMO Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Capgemini.

I interviewed for 2 positions, the first one was going to lead to an offer but last minute HR came and said the client restructured the team and they didnt need me. She set another interview for a PMO position in Chicago, the interview was with the Hiring Manager. I thought the interview was hard, the interviewer thought i had more experience and was really abrupt and negative. I didnt feel comfortable, and i never got a call back. A second HR person from Capgemini called to set me up for another interview a few weeks later for another position during Thanksgiving and never called back or email back when i followed up to set up an interview. Over all a very negative experience.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you have a Gap between your Junior year of college and February 2010?   View Answer

Sales Business Development Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview was intense with a lot of individuals as part of the interview process. I spoke to several individuals not in the organization I was interviewing for so it provided a broader view of the company.

Staff Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Capgemini in March 2014.

I first heard about Capgemini through my school's career website. I submitted my resume, and I got a call for an on campus interview. Before the interview, I got an email, telling me to come out to a dinner event. There, I got to meet a few consultants and ask them questions. They were all quite nice and had varied experiences. It was a pretty welcoming environment, although it was a bit more professional. Just make sure to do your research, have good, honest questions ready(don't just ask questions for the sake of asking questions), and above all, listen to their experiences. They like talking about their travels more than their work. They like talking about the fun things about work, rather than the monotony.

The interview was pretty standard. I had dinner with my interviewer the night before, so I was already comfortable with him. Standard behavioral questions: Why capgemini? Why do you want to be a consultant? Why are your skills relevant to this position? Times when you encountered challenges as a team leader? etc.
    I believe that I succeeded in this interview, because 1) I related every single question to how I am a good fit to the position(make sure to be brief!) 2)I was prepared to say why capgemini fascinated me(BE HONEST) and 3) I told them a little bit about how my interests, work ethics, and career goals related to my life philosophy. I think my interviewer liked, not only the content of my answers, but also the succinct and logical way I presented them.

Fast forward- three weeks later.

I went in for a final round interview at the Chicago office, and the day was broken up into the following:

1. Behavioral Interview - Pretty standard. Very similar to the one I had with my first interviewer. The guy that interviewed me talked about his previous work in virtual reality technologies which was very cool to hear about. It went relatively well. I think he enjoyed talking about his non-capgemini work as well. He really appreciated the fact that I asked about his background and experience before he joined capgemini, so I would recommend asking this to your interviewer.

2. Stress Interview - My interviewer was very difficult to read. He was unresponsive to my answers(purposely so, i think), but by the end he softened up(Smile Often!) and lo and behold! the interview began to resemble the first one. I got very lucky. I could have gotten someone very aggressive rather than unresponsive, but no matter what, I think what helped was telling myself before hand that this is all a test. Don't crumble. Don't get nervous. Don't get defensive. Don't get angry, and DO NOT ramble. They want to test you. (They know that college grads don't have all the answers put together. They were probably equally as nervous when they were our age) All they want is for you to calmly defend yourself. Even if they call you out on something, and you have no rebuttal, stay calm. Sometimes the best thing to do is to ask the interviewer to elaborate on his critique. Demonstrate that you seek to understand before arguing. Show that you listen before speaking.

3. Case Study - The case study was a simple business case scenario where my interviewer played the part of a pharmaceuticals client who wanted to know why he was losing revenue. Its much more of a conversation, and he guided me to a lot of questions as well. I got flustered a little bit, but he was an amiable enough of a guy that I didn't feel too pressured. He cracked some pretty solid jokes in my case study that gave me some honest laughs.
    After the case study, he asked me what I would do if a client asked me to do something in ten minutes that I had no idea how to do. I gave him a complex answer on how I would pull together resources and stall for time and etc, and after my answer, he simply smiles and says, "no, you would tell your client the truth."

It dawned to me that although Capgemini looks for intelligent and talented people, what is most important for any company is that candidates are ethical. The health of the work environment and the company's reputation depend on kind people that deal with their clients honestly. Even though we have this image of a consultant as these number crunching, networking masters, part of being a good consultant is also being good to your clients and coworkers.

I got an email in two weeks saying that they would pursued other candidates, but they also told me that if I ever want to interview with them again, to let them know.

My three pieces are:

Be Honest Be Kind Be Calm

This may be a bit too sappy for glassdoor, and I know a lot of you guys may be looking for that one secret thing to say to your interviewers that will blow them away, or that one integral tip to toppling capgemini case studies, but the truth is, there is no secret. Just be yourself...

But also, i got pretty lucky to have three great interviewers who I was able to converse with pretty well. Your interviewers could be a bit tougher.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Capgemini in March 2014.

I met first with a recruiter at my university's career fair, where I submitted my resume. I attended an on-campus information session (in New York City) where I gave my resume to an employee in the Financial Services consulting division. I was contacted shortly after for an HR phone interview (basic questions like salary expectation), then a second phone interview with a member of the practice who asked questions about my experience, why Capgemini, what can you bring to this position, etc. After over two weeks of waiting I was called in for an in-person interview. A case study was provided several days prior to the interview, which we were to present. My presentation took about an hour. The second in-person interview (on the same day) involved tests of presentation skills, defending an argument, persuading someone to accept your argument and other questions related to your experience and how it relates to the position.

Interview Questions
    • Using this whiteboard or a piece of paper, explain to me why I should hire you.

Case study given several days prior to the interview that was 5-6 pages long involving data sets and a fictive e-mail correspondence between employees at a bank. There were no direct instructions, but we were told to prepare a presentation analyzing the issues in the case.
        Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Capgemini in June 2013.

The interview and selection process is similar to many big 4 firms. But the recruiting team is great and very aggressive to the business requirements of the client. Good process for screening as uses phone and Skype which avoids the issue of fake profiles for client purposes and internal hiring process

Good, moderate and

Business Analyst Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Capgemini.

The interviewing process was pretty straight forward. 1st the recruiter contacts you and then sets up the face to face. I interviewed with (3) different people in about 2 hours time frame. All were very knowledgeable about the job. Then out the blue (after a 2 week span) i got a call from the recruiter telling me that my salary requirement was denied and that I needed to interview with a Principal. The day of the interview the Principal was late therefore I reached out to the recruiter. He advised me that the Principal was running late. Very unprofessional. Once the principal got me on the phone, she see rushing and not interested in talking to me or anybody for that matter. Very tacky, but she did give me some insight that this company loves hiring "NEW COLLEGE GRAD'S" and not mid level professionals. Great meeting new people but I think this company is so used to hiring new grads and that's all they look to hire.

Senior Consultant Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Capgemini.

2 Technical Rounds + 1HR round

Interview Questions
    • What is the important aspect that you love about your job?
      This question was asked during technical round.
        Answer Question
    Negotiated a little bit, but salary was above industry standard.

Staff Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Capgemini in October 2011.

Pre-Interview Stage:
    Essentially, the key is to meet and talk to as many people as you can, as often as you can, and the way to do this is to go to as many events as you can; career fair booth (a must), meet and greet (possible to skip, but why give up on free pizza?), and the orientation (a must). If enough people like you, you will be considered for an on-campus interview.

On-Campus Interview:
    More than likely, this will be conducted by someone who has been with the company for about a year to two years. Experienced staff consultant to senior consultant level. Will ask mainly questions about resume, why consulting, what do you know about Capgemini, what do you know about consulting. Essentially the standard boiler plate consulting-type questions. I don't remember this interview being essentially difficult.

On-Site Interview:
    If you are selected to move forward, you will be invited on-site for 2-3 1:1 interviews. It has definitely changed since I was extended an offer. These interviews are conducted by more senior people; experienced managers to principal-level. Depending on who you get paired up with depends on how your interview will go; I was paired up with someone who tried to see if I was lying about my programming background and kept on asking more and more specific questions. The other interviewer wanted to see how I thought on my feet and asked me a lot of hypothetical questions. I've heard tales of some interviewers just flat out trying to see if they could get their interviewees to cry.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a manager and you were tasked to pick a team, how would you go about picking a team? What if someone that you chose to be on your team wanted to be on another role?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capgemini.

The interview process consisted of three rounds. The first round was an on-campus 30 minute interview, the second was an on-site interview in the Atlanta office and consisted of three 30 minute interviews. The final round was a phone interview with a senior partner that lasted around 30 minutes. The questions were fairly standard behavioral based, the only exception being a case study during the on-site interviews.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were not that difficult, mainly behavioral based. The case study was not difficult either. The only one that was somewhat difficult asked was "How do you think you will handle the coding, since your background is not in computer engineering?"   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buffalo Grove, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo Grove, IL

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Capgemini in December 2013.

Interview process is pretty fine. They take usually 2-3 rounds. and the questions about the interviews depends upon the role and criticality of the projec.t. Mine was strainght forward. It was a critical req so was able to get thru in 2 rounds. the intital round is techincal and was pretty easy. managerial interviews is more or less like HR types.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation was done as i was joining them as a contractor