Capita Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.8

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Capita.

Interview

One on one, telephone interview then had a another at the site, good experience, I was nervous but they were really friendly, they asked some tough questions. A lot of the main questions were expected nothing out of blue, had practised a lot of the questions, friendly experience and I would recommend them.

Interview Questions

• Define 6 qualities you think a successful leader display?   Answer Question

Case Handler Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capita in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through an agent, process involved fairly easy online tests (basic literacy&numeracy), then an assessment half day of an interview, mock phone call and group task. Be prepared and speak up. They are looking for you to use the STAR model of competency. Be polite on the mock call and voice your opinion in the group task. We had to plan an office party.

Interview Questions

• Target you have not met   Answer Question
    • A time you experienced a customer who was hard to engage with and how you overcame this   Answer Question
    • A time you suggested an improvement but it wasn't taken up   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Capita.

Interview

Applied online, got a call the next day for an interview a few days after. Was told to learn about a few different companies beforehand.
    The interview consisted of a group interview with other candidates, one to one interview, an english literacy test and a typing test.
    The staff were very friendly and helpful, the interviewer came across a little less friendly though.

Got a call about an hour after the interview to offer me a job but it was at a different location, was told the shuttle bus to the location would take ten minutes but found out after I started that it was 30 minutes. Interview was on a friday and I started the following monday.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

take it or leave it. no negotiation

PPI Case Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Capita (Leeds, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Advised of the position by a recruiter. Was sent some online aptitude tests, upon passing those, the next step was an assessment centre at a hotel in Leeds, with 4 different tasks in a random order. A mock telephone call to a "customer" that had complained about a PPI policy, then a competency question based interview, following the STAR procedure. The next task was a test, the first part involved spell, fact and grammar checking a mock letter sent out to a customer, the second part was a logic based test, that involved some maths and english questions. The last stage for me was an observed group exercised, that I guess was to see how you worked as part of a team. We had to design a company party that respected the wishes of board members and staff and came under the set budget.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with a difficult person.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you did not meet the goals that were asked of you.   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Capita.

Interview

online application using CV and cover letter to a position posted on Capita's site. the internal recruiter was very helpful with details about the position and the department applied for. very specific instructions throughout.

Interview Questions

• asked about work experience related to this job but I dont have any. also it is an entry level position   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capita (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through raw talent academy. Initial Skype interview and a full 12 hour day of varying interviews and presentations. Very intense, Tiring and as a marker of quality I question the rationale of whether this is a valid indicator of talent

Interview Questions

• To present business plan and pitch to capita hiring board. Put a client for a role within recruitment. Present a solution for a company issue and present on a topic of your choosing.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capita.

Interview

Applied for the Graduate Case Handler position as advertised by Reed.A few days later, I got a call from one the recruiters asking more about my CV and motivations; I was then invited to take their online assessments which consisted of Verbal and Numerical Exercises - very easy stuff for a graduate.After passing the test, got a call and was invited to he assessment centre in Leeds.

At the assessment centre, all the candidates had to briefly introduce each other - basically a 2min presentation and then there were activities listed a follows: Group exercise , Role Play , Interview with 2 employees and a final numerical and verbal testing.The Group exercise is really to test your communication and decision making skills. The role play was about a disgruntled customer where you had to remain calm and also obtain vital information from him.The interview section featured your typical strengths and weaknesses questions and just general competency based question - be as detailed a possible.The final verbal testing was about reading a letter and trying to spot as many errors as you can while the final numerical question consisted of a lot but should be ok for someone with good numeracy skills.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capita.

Interview

Made an application online and got a phone call a week later, had a short phone interview and got invited to attend one of their assessment days. Once there, I had to complete a number of intelligence, personality and programming tests. In between these tests, each candidate had a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager, but you only had 10-15 mins for it, so it felt a bit rushed. Overall, it lasted for about 5-6 hours, including a lunch break.

Interview Questions

• You should be prepared to comfortably talk and describe a software project you have worked on in the past. Their programming tests require that your code meets certain time complexity requirements, so you need to carefully think out your solution before you start coding.   Answer Question

Solutions Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capita.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter. Phone interview with HR. In person interviews with HR and with prospective line manager. Asked to present details of a recent technical solution worked on. Much of the questioning was thus based on real world scenarios and actual issues that had to be dealt with what, why, how. Got the feeling that decision to hire was made during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked some detailed questions about tech that I could have used (but hadn't).   Answer Question

Did a bit more research and decided that Capita probably wasn't the company for me.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Capita (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

It was a one round interview for one hour. 3 competency based questions, 3 questions related to work. Very simple and straight forward. Then there was a case study and lastly some HR related questions. The HR executive and the team manager took the interview in a friendly situation.

Interview Questions

The salary on offer was too low. However, the salary bracket put at the advert was higher.