Capita Interview Questions in Leeds, England

Updated Jun 4, 2015

2.8

PPI Case Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Capita (Leeds, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Advised of the position by a recruiter. Was sent some online aptitude tests, upon passing those, the next step was an assessment centre at a hotel in Leeds, with 4 different tasks in a random order. A mock telephone call to a "customer" that had complained about a PPI policy, then a competency question based interview, following the STAR procedure. The next task was a test, the first part involved spell, fact and grammar checking a mock letter sent out to a customer, the second part was a logic based test, that involved some maths and english questions. The last stage for me was an observed group exercised, that I guess was to see how you worked as part of a team. We had to design a company party that respected the wishes of board members and staff and came under the set budget.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with a difficult person.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you did not meet the goals that were asked of you.   Answer Question

Case Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I interviewed at Capita (Leeds, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

Two simple online tests, one on maths and english and one on entering data, followed by a half day at an assessment centre. The assessment centre consisted of two tests, one on maths and english and the other on spotting errors, both are fairly simple. Following this there is a telephone role playing exercise where you call a customer and have to get details from them, followed by a competency interview for those who are successful.

Interview Questions

• Make sure the customer on the phone gives the right answers to the security questions!   Answer Question

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capita (Leeds, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

In-house recruitment consult talked me through the role (although this wasn't entirely accurate in its scope) followed by telephone interview. This led to a face-to-face interview with the group director at the Leeds offices. Overall they seemed friendly and welcoming but received little feedback afterwards.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain costing methods for a specific soluition   1 Answer

Claims Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capita (Leeds, England (UK)) in August 2013.

Interview

3 stage process. Really relaxed, straightforward and easy. 1st stage was a phone call conversation to measure customer relation skills. You follow a worded script, of which you have to follow but can change the order of questions you ask. 2nd stage was a numerical and reading comprehension paper exam. They are very basic arithmetic and basic common language questions. No need for a calculator. 3rd stage is a face-to-face interview with one of the heads of the department. They ask you questions with regards to your CV and what you can contribute to the role and then basic irrelevant questions, such as if you have booked any holidays and if you would be looking for something else, even if you get this job (i answered I would still be looking for other jobs despite I get this one or not, and still got hired on the spot). Overall, really easy. No need to practise, study or prepare anything. Since it is an entry level position, training is provided and all you are really required is some sort of customer relation experience, anything that says you can handle people and a telephone.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a customer over the phone who is really upset and screaming?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Capita (Leeds, England (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

A quick 30 minutes telephone interview, followed by a 1 1/2 hour face to face interview and a 30 mins technical test which was testing me on my SQL and VB.net / C# programming along with my problem solving skills.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were the usual; tell me a time when .... etc... The most challenging part was sitting down with a senior and running through a SQL test and a VB.Net test whilst he took some notes.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Always ask for more than initially given as they have a wide bracket and always offer the lowest.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Capita (Leeds, England (UK)) in March 2009.

Interview

There were three interviews, the first with the departmental manager and two potential colleagues, the second with the manager and a Human Resources representative. The third interview was with the deputy director and some minions. Incredibly I was asked on the second interview where I expected to see myself in five years.

Interview Questions

• 'Where do you see yourself in five years'.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much wriggle room, they weren't very flexible.