Capita Interview Questions in London, England

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.7

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capita (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

This interview was for Capita transformation. The consulting arm of Capita. Really demanding assessment centre as it includes the following: A numerical test A proof reading test Two interviews A presentation ...and a written exercise So no group work (well at least in my case). Which can be a bugger if that's your strong point. But one thing I would say is that the numerical and proof reading test isn't very difficulty. In fact they're probably the easiest part of the assessment day. Just take the time to trial out one or two online before hand. The hardest part would have to be the presentation for me. You're giving a business issue and you have to prepare a 20min (or roundabouts) pres on how you would help the business solve the matter at hand. So get some practice on case study presentation! All being said, with enough preparation in your back pocket, in a weird kind of way, you may end up actually enjoying the whole process. Almost forgot to mention the telephone interview. That was pretty standard as far as telephone interviews go. So the regular competency based question ("give me an example where....") that sort of stuff. So practice on such questions. Best of luck! (One more point, if it has not already been supplied, ask for the itinerary before the day!)

Lead the Way Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Capita (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Online assessments, 30 minute phone interview, further online tests, then assessment centre in the London office. Said they would reimburse expenses for travelling to London and when contacted with the expenses form and was just ignored. Very poor from such a big company.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a situation in which you had to mentor someone?   1 Answer

Other offer with a company I felt I was more suited towards.

Novus Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capita (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview which involved giving a basic outline of yours skills and abilities(essentially explain your CV) followed by assessment day which involved online tests(IQ test, verbal reasoning test, basic arithmetic test, followed by 4 coding questions from codility), team building exercise which just involved talking to other interviewees, finding out about them and then making a presentation about them infront of a group of 10-20 others, and one on one interview with the manager. The majority of those who went to the assessment day were given an offer to start the following week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about projects you have completed in your spare time   Answer Question

Project Manager/Programmer Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capita (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was done in two stages: 1) Telephone interview with the company's internal recruiter; 2a) Telephone interview with the hiring manager / head of department and 2b) Face-to-face interview with the said hiring manager and one of his colleagues (director level). It seemed that the position was not well thought of and the organisational structure, in which this role needed to fit in, was not clear even to the company / department itself. I got the impression that the organisational structure was being developed on the go, which was rather puzzling as it appeared that no proper strategy for growth of this particular department was put in place. The interview itself was a bit unstructured and the interviewers were somewhat pushy in terms of remuneration expectations. I did not get a proper feedback on the outcome of the interview and even the internal recruiter was dishonest about leaving a voicemail message - at the time I did not have voicemail messaging system activated.

Interview Questions

• I was repeatedly asked to state a figure for expected salary.   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capita (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through raw talent academy. Initial Skype interview and a full 12 hour day of varying interviews and presentations. Very intense, Tiring and as a marker of quality I question the rationale of whether this is a valid indicator of talent

Interview Questions

• To present business plan and pitch to capita hiring board. Put a client for a role within recruitment. Present a solution for a company issue and present on a topic of your choosing.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capita (London, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

Very detailed which included both telephone and face to face interviews. The process was very interesting indeed. A good experience and would recommend to others, especially if your looking to work for a large organisation.

Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capita (London, England (UK)) in August 2013.

Interview

interviewed by two MD, really nice people, go through my CV to check my knowledge about risk.

Interview Questions

• do you think what we do very boring   1 Answer

Novus Test Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capita (London, England (UK)) in February 2012.

Interview

lengthy process, technical tests. revise beforehand Limited spaces so only take good people Practice communication skills

Cover Supervisor and Supply Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capita (London, England (UK)) in January 2010.

Interview

Really simple. They need you after all. Turn up with all the paper work they have requested from you, they will make the copies whilst you meet the consultant in charge of the area of London in which you wish to work in. It was a general get to know one another chat, finding out who you are as an individual and as a teacher. Your preferences and what you want from the company; your teaching experiences and your long term plans as a teacher or otherwise; and area of expertise. That's all, then they just get to work in finding your a job that suits your needs based on your interview and experiences that you have highlighted.

Interview Questions

• As it was a general chat about who you are etc, I didn't really encounter any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As I was a qualified teacher, I asked for a little more pay and was successful in getting a £5 increase in the days rate.

Bid Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capita (London, England (UK)) in August 2008.

Interview

Very informal initially, then a more formal panel interview. Positive throughout, but no further communication, so assumend no offer.

Interview Questions

• You do not appear to have done may large deals recently - how will you cope with multi-million poound deals?   1 Answer
    • You will be required to work late in different locations - how will you cope with this?   1 Answer