Capital Group

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Capital Group in January 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed on campus first. Contacted a week or two later for final round interviews in Irvine 2 months later. Consisted of 4 hour long interviews, tour of campus, and lunch. Good experience and good company.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you disagreed with a co-worker   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Capital Group in February 2011.

Interview Details – I gave one of the recruiters my resume at a job fair on campus and HR contacted me a couple of weeks later with an invitation to sign up for an interview on my university's on campus recruiting system.

The interview was two on one and consisted primarily of behavioral questions. Expect your interviewers to poke and prod at your answers with follow up questions if you don't sound like you know what you're talking about.

Interviewers seem genuinely passionate about the company. A trend I noticed in their people was a tendency towards being very careful and conservative with the things they say, which reflects the company's culture.

The only negative aspect of the interview was that they didn't bother to notify me that I wouldn't be chosen for a second round interview. I would interview for them again.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make an unpopular decision.   Answer Question
  • What's the most complex function you've used in Excel?   View Answer

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Capital Group in March 2010.

Interview Details – 2 people would come and interview you. They ask questions to see your personality as well as the typical work experience that you've put on the resume.

Interview Question – what's your favorite command on microsoft excel?   Answer Question

Worked for Capital Group? Contribute to the Community!