Capital Group

Employer Engaged

Capital Group Associate Interview Questions

3.2

Associate Interview

Lengthy and extremely stressful. It felt as if the interviewers were not prepared or had already made up their mind on another candidate and this was just part of the process.

Other Interview Reviews for Capital Group

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Capital Group.

3 rounds of fit. first one was a 1:1 where the recruiter asked me questions about my resume. She seemed genuinely interested in getting to know more about my experiences and was very engaged. Some interesting questions were if I would describe myself a s a happy person, what is an underrated quality that people often overlook and why. Round 2 had 3 30 minute 2:1. The last interviewer seemed negative and disinterested in the process and although it might have been a part of the interview, he did overdo it a little. No experience about the third round but they say it is also a bunch of fit questions.

Interview Questions
    • I think your (insert most significant campus involvement) is pointless. Tell me why the organization should continue to exist.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Capital Group in May 2011.

The interview process is VERY LONG. I first had a phone interview with HR that took about 40 minutes. 2 2 weeks later I was formally brought in for an interview, it took 4 hours, consisting of 4, 1 hour interviews. The call back interview, another 2 weeks later was with senior managers and was another 4 hours! It then took 2 weeks to go through all the background checks before I finally received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle criticism of your work   Answer Question
    • Give a specific example of something you were a part of that wasn't successful and what did you do to fix it in the future.   Answer Question
    I was only able to negotiate a later start date and 2k additional compensation. They are very rigid on their offers and consider the bonuses as part of your total compensation and salary.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Capital Group in April 2011.

The interview with Human Resources was very detailed. Theyasked questions in regards to your past experience and verify information that is already on your resume. They'll cover gaps that are in your resume, why you left any previous employers and ask what you liked/didn't like about your past employers.

Interview Questions
    • What did you not like about the previous employer?   View Answer

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Capital Group in November 2009.

the interview process was very thorough and lengthy, but it hightlighted the company's thoughtful and collaborative culture.