Capital Group

Updated Oct 29, 2014

3.2

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Client Services Representative Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capital Group.

After submitting my resume on their website, I was contacted via email to complete a "virtual interview". However, the day before I was scheduled to do it, a recruiter called me and set up a time to do a phone interview and told me not to worry about completing the virtual/digital interview. I was called the next day by her and completed the phone interview, which took about 30-40 minutes. She said she was going to refer me to the recruiters at the job location site since I seemed like a good fit. I was then contacted the next day and scheduled my face to face interviews. I was sent an email with a more thorough and formal application for the specific position, as well as some other paperwork consisting of background info and a few other questions for them to gauge your answers/responses to. The F2F interviews consisted of 2 interviews, one with a HR rep, then one with a Department Manager. After completing these interviews, we listened to a couple of mock phone calls to kind of show what our calls would be like, then ended with a tour of the campus and facilities. I was contacted a few days later and was asked to provide 4 professional references with at least 2 being former managers. This part of the vetting process took a couple of weeks and they did contact everyone and verified all information given, so be honest and accurate with EVERYTHING you answer or fill out. Finally, after about 3 1/2 weeks, I was contacted and offered the position, which I accepted. Very thorough hiring process, but this is the kind of company that is very desirable for anyone to work for. I believe they did a little over 100 face to face interviews for a 20 person class.

Interview Questions
  • They reviewed my resume with me and asked several behavioral and situational questions, as well as desired salary requirements.   Answer Question
There was no negotiation process. I wasn't going to haggle over a few thousand dollars and risk losing a great opportunity like this. These people that are giving negative reviews of the interview or hiring process seem like they're bitter because they didn't get an offer...or chalk it up to "to each their own". It was a little tedious and a long, extensive vetting process, but everyone was very friendly and professional. I didn't expect anything less from a potential opportunity like this one. This is the kind of company you'd want to retire from. I have a few friends that have been there for a long time and they all LOVE the company.

Other Interview Reviews for Capital Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capital Group.

I put my online application in almost 3 weeks ago, 2 days ago I got an email response to take a digital interview. I studied for one day then finally interview digitally. I read all the reviews, here on glass door, I was lead astray. There was only one behavior question. The rest was: Can you be rehired in All of your previous jobs, Why do you want to work for CG, What other jobs were you looking for? At least 3 times the same question was tweaked to ask why I liked customer service, or why I was good for customer service, I felt the digital interview was very cold. I didn't realize until question 8 that I can add more personal info. into the answers. After question 8 it was yes/no type questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell a story that I stepped up and took responsibility of a situation.   View Answer

Client Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Capital Group.

Virtual Interview, Phone Interview
    I took the time out to do something I never did be4 and i was skeptical. But because i need a new career i was willing 2 give it a try. Which was a video recording interview, i received a call last fri. About an email sent 2 me from this company. Asking me 2 give a video interview. So i did it and receive a call on monday asking me what salary i was looking 4 & was i able to be a rehire at any of my previous jobs. Those same questions were on the video. So on tues. I received a call which was the phone interview & the asked me the same questions from the video just more detail. So she told me she would submit my info 2 the site that i'd be working at and if they wanted 2 take it further they would call 4 face 2 face, if not i'd get an email. So i go the email. But i thought it was wack because of the screening process. Only God knows who saw my video. Mutual funds and investments company- all that phone numbers were not in my state

Mutual Fund defined- a type of professionally managed collective investment scheme that pools money from Many investors to purchase securities

Interview Questions
    • What Salary are u looking 2 make
      Are u able 2 rehire at any of your previous jobs
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capital Group in May 2014.

Applied online 2 phone interviews easy and 1 on campus interview

Client Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Capital Group.

Applied online, received initial phone call 3 days later, verified resume info and basic screening questions, set appointment for phone interview later that afternoon. Phone interview lasted appx 30 minutes. Went over job parameters and asked basic interview (verification of resume and behavioral questions) at conclusion was told if selected for I n person interview would be contacted in next few days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online – interviewed at Capital Group in April 2014.

Started with a phone interview that described the position, training, that no time could be taken off the first 12 weeks etc.

I was called back to a second interview where it took around 3 1/2 hours. It started with a tour of the campus where they show and tell you about how wonderful it is to work there and how lucky you will be to be hired. Then you move on to interview with the department and then hr. HR is very cut and dry. They ask some difficult questions and take notes the entire time. They are intense. Then the whole group moved on to listened to mock phone calls.

It was a group of about 8 of us rotating individually to the interviews.

I was not offered a position, they sent me an email at 9:30 pm on a Friday night letting me know I did not get it, no reason why just that I was not selected. This part honestly rubbed me the wrong way about the company with the timing of the decline email.

Interview Questions
    • What do you regret at a job that you wish you did differently.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capital Group.

I applied online through indeed and then 2 weeks later I received a phone call to set up a phone interview. The phone interview took 30 minutes, the questions were in regards to your past employment. The phone interview quickly turned into interview questions such as behavioral and customer service questions. Two weeks later I received an email to interview in person. The interview took 3 hours. I interviewed with two managers and did a tour of the building. The interview was very intense.

Interview Questions
    • There are a lot of questions that I was unsure of how they were going to help assess if your right for the position. Such as group, customer service questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Capital Group in January 2014.

You must go through phone interview and a couple of in-person interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Basic scenerio questions and where you see yourself in the company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital Group in October 2013.

The hiring process took two weeks and I was interviewed at the Norfolk office in Oct 2013. The whole process started with telephone interviews from different people and the face to face interview took like 3.5 hrs. Interviewed with HR representative, dept head and supervisor. I also did campus tour and listened to a sample phone call. They make you feel you are being considered or a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • No question was too difficult, they were all behavioral and situational questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Capital Group in August 2013.

Long interview process. First starts with several emails from different people. They let you know your are being considered, then phone interview. Invite for face to face interview and campus tour. First interview with HR person, then with a Dept Head and maybe supervisor.

Interview Questions
    • They do not really ask about your resumes. They just ask the same behavioral type questions over and over.   Answer Question