Capital Group

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Capital Group in November 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by phone and a phone interview was conducted. After being notified by email that they were interested in continuing the process, I was scheduled to visit the campus and do an in person interview.

Interview Question – Most difficult would probably be to name specific situations in which I had to step up and take responsibility for a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate because it was paying more than my previous job.

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online - interviewed at Capital Group in April 2014.

Interview Details – Started with a phone interview that described the position, training, that no time could be taken off the first 12 weeks etc.

I was called back to a second interview where it took around 3 1/2 hours. It started with a tour of the campus where they show and tell you about how wonderful it is to work there and how lucky you will be to be hired. Then you move on to interview with the department and then hr. HR is very cut and dry. They ask some difficult questions and take notes the entire time. They are intense. Then the whole group moved on to listened to mock phone calls.

It was a group of about 8 of us rotating individually to the interviews.

I was not offered a position, they sent me an email at 9:30 pm on a Friday night letting me know I did not get it, no reason why just that I was not selected. This part honestly rubbed me the wrong way about the company with the timing of the decline email.

Interview Question – What do you regret at a job that you wish you did differently.   Answer Question

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Capital Group in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online 2 phone interviews easy and 1 on campus interview

Interview Question – all easy behavioral question   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Irvine, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Capital Group in January 2014.

Interview Details – You must go through phone interview and a couple of in-person interviews.

Interview Question – Basic scenerio questions and where you see yourself in the company.   Answer Question

Client Service Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview Details – Applied online, received initial phone call 3 days later, verified resume info and basic screening questions, set appointment for phone interview later that afternoon. Phone interview lasted appx 30 minutes. Went over job parameters and asked basic interview (verification of resume and behavioral questions) at conclusion was told if selected for I n person interview would be contacted in next few days.

Interview Question – Most difficult boss or coworker   Answer Question

Norfolk, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview Details – I applied online through indeed and then 2 weeks later I received a phone call to set up a phone interview. The phone interview took 30 minutes, the questions were in regards to your past employment. The phone interview quickly turned into interview questions such as behavioral and customer service questions. Two weeks later I received an email to interview in person. The interview took 3 hours. I interviewed with two managers and did a tour of the building. The interview was very intense.

Interview Question – There are a lot of questions that I was unsure of how they were going to help assess if your right for the position. Such as group, customer service questions.   Answer Question

Norfolk, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capital Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process took two weeks and I was interviewed at the Norfolk office in Oct 2013. The whole process started with telephone interviews from different people and the face to face interview took like 3.5 hrs. Interviewed with HR representative, dept head and supervisor. I also did campus tour and listened to a sample phone call. They make you feel you are being considered or a good fit.

Interview Question – No question was too difficult, they were all behavioral and situational questions.   Answer Question

Norfolk, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Capital Group in August 2013.

Interview Details – Long interview process. First starts with several emails from different people. They let you know your are being considered, then phone interview. Invite for face to face interview and campus tour. First interview with HR person, then with a Dept Head and maybe supervisor.

Interview Question – They do not really ask about your resumes. They just ask the same behavioral type questions over and over.   Answer Question

Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Capital Group in April 2008.

Interview Details – Long process. Three interviews: One on campus, second and third at the company office.

Interview Question – Nothing tricky, all behavior questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Capital Group? Contribute to the Community!