Capital Group

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Norfolk, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Capital Group in May 2014.

Interview Details – Started with a phone interview asking brief questions such as why I wanted to work at Capital Group and what kind of salary I was expecting. Relatively short and straight-forward.

Next step was a video chat/Skype interview. This one was more extensive and asked questions about past work experiences as well as gave me a broader overview of the Customer Service job to which I was applying.

Final step was an in-person interview. There were two interviewers; one human resources employee and one customer service team leader. They asked many of the same questions as the video chat interview. After the interview, they gave me a tour of the Capital Group campus.

Interview Question – They ask a lot of questions involving past situations or experience. For example, "Tell us about a time when you had to handle a tough customer and how you handled it."   Answer Question

Norfolk, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capital Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, received a call from recruiter, telling me about the company and asking me about customer service, why I wanted the position. The next day was the actual phone interview. Questions were a bit awkward, I felt the interviewer was judgmental and not relaxed at all. Some of the questions were like, "Describe something you would not enjoy doing at work and vice versa"

Interview Question – Describe a something you would least enjoy working here.   Answer Question

Customer Service

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capital Group in April 2009.

Interview Details – applied through my school career center. received an email stating that a recruiter would like to meet with me. questions were what you'd expect in an interview - why do you want to work for this company? what can you bring to the com? strengths / weaknesses?... at the end of the interview, it was obvious i was not a good fit for the company (nor were they for me). recruiter was very nice though.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for this company?   Answer Question

Customer Service

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Capital Group in March 2007.

Interview Details – met at a college job fair
completed a phone interview and was invited to come on site to interview
Met with several people who all asked me the same questions
They then conducted a background check and then I didn't hear anything for a long time.
They finally offered me the position

Interview Question – Tell me about the most difficult situation you have encounter with a co-worker   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation- I was told that the offer was final.

Worked for Capital Group? Contribute to the Community!