Capital Group Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2015
Updated Mar 18, 2015

3.2

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital Group.

very quick response time following online application (less than a week) and limited networking

first round phone interview, very casual and conversational. interested in rationale behind decision

seem to be looking for people with liberal arts background, diverse experiences, problem solvers, and people who are self-aware, definitely some specific personality type that they find best fit for their organization

Interview Questions
    • Differences between internships, why did you choose to work there, why do you want to work here, where does your drive come from?, favorite classes, current events, trying to find rationale behind decision making and experiences   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Capital Group.

Applied online and got an email requesting a video interview. Set up the time and did a very behavioral interview asking questions about my resume and what kind of person I am and how I would fit with the company.

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Capital Group.

I applied online in November then received a phone interview in mid December. I was asked to come into the office for an interview in early January. The interview was supposed to be for an hour but it was cut short to just 30 mins. I was told I would hear back from the following week but when I didn't I followed up and didn't get any feedback. I assumed I did not get it the job but then 3 weeks later, I received the official "you did not get the job but thank you for meeting with us" email. So from November - Feb I was very excited about this job but it did not work out.

Interview Questions
    • Basic- Why do you want to work here type of questions and "what has been the biggest change in you since starting at your current job"   Answer Question

TAP Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Capital Group.

Long, most interview questions were behavioral. Was mainly a positive experience. The people in HR were very nice, but sometimes asked some very pointed questions. Would recommend applying early because they hire as they receive applications. It was nice that they liked people with a liberal arts background.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Capital Group in January 2015.

After filling out the online application, I was told told to take a virtual interview. I was not prepared but the questions were standard interview questions. Like why do you want to work for capital group and wat can you add to the company. Where else have u applied and why. Where do you see yourself in ten years. I spoke of a job I hadnt added to my resume and that was pointed out. It is important to be accurate on your resume and all information because they check

Interview Questions
    • Give a job situation in which you had to take initiative. Be specific   Answer Question

The interview was conducted by two people who were snobby and rude to say the least. I almost walked out of the interview. The job wasn't day-to-day accounting, but it was more a finance job. I am blessed I didn't get a job there.

Client Services Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Capital Group in December 2014.

It was an incredibly long process. I applied around mid November. They emailed me the next day for an online interview using my webcam. They have me 72 hours to complete that portion. It took me about 25 minutes. The next week they contacted me for a phone interview which took about 20 minutes. The lady told me she would submit my info and they would contact me if they wanted to proceed. I actually did not hear back from them for a few weeks and then they finally called for a face to face interview which they scheduled for mid December. It consisted of two face to face interviews in one day and a your of the campus. Lasted about 2.5 hours. Everyone was super friendly and the interview was not hard at all. The next day they called me for references which is the last part of the hiring process. It took about a month and then they finally called me for my offer.

Interview Questions
    They walked me through all the benefits as well as salary and bonuses. And asked if I accepted the offer. Which I did.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Capital Group in December 2014.

I received a call from a Human Resources associate. She was really nice and basically just wanted to know more about me. The conversation took around 25 minutes and seemed to flow very well. I got an email a couple of weeks later saying I had an interview. Overall good experience with human resources.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to unexpected. The phone interview only went over my resume. Know yourself really well.   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital Group in December 2014.

It's an all-day event and a very rigorous process overall. Met with six people, back to back to back. A lot of the questions were focused on soft skills, less on the actual knowledge. I think being able to fit into the culture and their process means a lot to this company.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of situational questions were asked. Either what you would have done in a situation, or give an example that would match a situation that they describe to you.   Answer Question

Client Services Representative Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capital Group.

After submitting my resume on their website, I was contacted via email to complete a "virtual interview". However, the day before I was scheduled to do it, a recruiter called me and set up a time to do a phone interview and told me not to worry about completing the virtual/digital interview. I was called the next day by her and completed the phone interview, which took about 30-40 minutes. She said she was going to refer me to the recruiters at the job location site since I seemed like a good fit. I was then contacted the next day and scheduled my face to face interviews. I was sent an email with a more thorough and formal application for the specific position, as well as some other paperwork consisting of background info and a few other questions for them to gauge your answers/responses to. The F2F interviews consisted of 2 interviews, one with a HR rep, then one with a Department Manager. After completing these interviews, we listened to a couple of mock phone calls to kind of show what our calls would be like, then ended with a tour of the campus and facilities. I was contacted a few days later and was asked to provide 4 professional references with at least 2 being former managers. This part of the vetting process took a couple of weeks and they did contact everyone and verified all information given, so be honest and accurate with EVERYTHING you answer or fill out. Finally, after about 3 1/2 weeks, I was contacted and offered the position, which I accepted. Very thorough hiring process, but this is the kind of company that is very desirable for anyone to work for. I believe they did a little over 100 face to face interviews for a 20 person class.

Interview Questions
    • They reviewed my resume with me and asked several behavioral and situational questions, as well as desired salary requirements.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation process. I wasn't going to haggle over a few thousand dollars and risk losing a great opportunity like this. These people that are giving negative reviews of the interview or hiring process seem like they're bitter because they didn't get an offer...or chalk it up to "to each their own". It was a little tedious and a long, extensive vetting process, but everyone was very friendly and professional. I didn't expect anything less from a potential opportunity like this one. This is the kind of company you'd want to retire from. I have a few friends that have been there for a long time and they all LOVE the company.