Capital Group Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2015
Updated Apr 11, 2015

3.2

Portfolio Analysis Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Capital Group (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn by a recruiter for another position but after an initial phone interview with the hiring manager they thought that another role might be better suited for me. So I had a brief interview with another recruiter who said she would show my resume to the hiring manager for the other position. After a week I got a call back to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. This was pretty basic and focused on my background and why I was interested in the role. Several days after this I was contacted to set up 2 interviews via webcam with other managers in the department. Both lasted 1 hour each and focused on both my background and behavioral type of questions. About a week after those I got a call to come down for a series of in person interviews. It was an all expense paid trip as I was coming in from outside the LA area. There were 5 interviews in total which consisted of non-management members of the department and managers. Non-management interviews definitely focused more on my previous job duties and trying to figure out if they would apply to the role. Management interviews focused more on what kind of job I wanted to be doing in 5 years to see if there would be a good fit long term. About a week after these interviews I got a boiler plate email from the recruiter that they were unable to find a match between my interests/qualifications and their current openings. I was a bit surprised as I didn't feel like any major red flags went up during interviews. Due to company policy they won't give a specific reason for not offering a job which I understand as they have hundreds of applicants and can't possibly respond to all in an individual way. However, with people that actually go through multiple rounds of interviews and end up coming in for an in person interview it would be nice to get additional feedback.

Overall, it was a good experience and the people seemed great. They definitely like to be very thorough during the interviews to make sure that you can do the job but more importantly that you will be a good fit and end up staying a long time with them.

Interview Questions

• What kind of job do you see yourself doing in 5 years? Give me an example of a time when you were honest and it came back to bite you.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital Group.

Interview

very quick response time following online application (less than a week) and limited networking

first round phone interview, very casual and conversational. interested in rationale behind decision

seem to be looking for people with liberal arts background, diverse experiences, problem solvers, and people who are self-aware, definitely some specific personality type that they find best fit for their organization

Interview Questions

• Differences between internships, why did you choose to work there, why do you want to work here, where does your drive come from?, favorite classes, current events, trying to find rationale behind decision making and experiences   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview

Applied online and got an email requesting a video interview. Set up the time and did a very behavioral interview asking questions about my resume and what kind of person I am and how I would fit with the company.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Capital Group.

Interview

I applied online in November then received a phone interview in mid December. I was asked to come into the office for an interview in early January. The interview was supposed to be for an hour but it was cut short to just 30 mins. I was told I would hear back from the following week but when I didn't I followed up and didn't get any feedback. I assumed I did not get it the job but then 3 weeks later, I received the official "you did not get the job but thank you for meeting with us" email. So from November - Feb I was very excited about this job but it did not work out.

Interview Questions

• Basic- Why do you want to work here type of questions and "what has been the biggest change in you since starting at your current job"   Answer Question

TAP Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview

Long, most interview questions were behavioral. Was mainly a positive experience. The people in HR were very nice, but sometimes asked some very pointed questions. Would recommend applying early because they hire as they receive applications. It was nice that they liked people with a liberal arts background.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Capital Group (Chesapeake, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

After filling out the online application, I was told told to take a virtual interview. I was not prepared but the questions were standard interview questions. Like why do you want to work for capital group and wat can you add to the company. Where else have u applied and why. Where do you see yourself in ten years. I spoke of a job I hadnt added to my resume and that was pointed out. It is important to be accurate on your resume and all information because they check

Interview Questions

• Give a job situation in which you had to take initiative. Be specific   Answer Question

Client Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Capital Group in January 2015.

Interview

Very long. Do not expect a quick decision. But when you do get a decision just understand they have not completed the criminal background check. They check the fingerprints on the first day. Several people were walked out from my training class within the first few days. Other than that it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview was conducted by two people who were snobby and rude to say the least. I almost walked out of the interview. The job wasn't day-to-day accounting, but it was more a finance job. I am blessed I didn't get a job there.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Capital Group in December 2014.

Interview

I received a call from a Human Resources associate. She was really nice and basically just wanted to know more about me. The conversation took around 25 minutes and seemed to flow very well. I got an email a couple of weeks later saying I had an interview. Overall good experience with human resources.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to unexpected. The phone interview only went over my resume. Know yourself really well.   Answer Question

Client Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Capital Group in December 2014.

Interview

It was an incredibly long process. I applied around mid November. They emailed me the next day for an online interview using my webcam. They have me 72 hours to complete that portion. It took me about 25 minutes. The next week they contacted me for a phone interview which took about 20 minutes. The lady told me she would submit my info and they would contact me if they wanted to proceed. I actually did not hear back from them for a few weeks and then they finally called for a face to face interview which they scheduled for mid December. It consisted of two face to face interviews in one day and a your of the campus. Lasted about 2.5 hours. Everyone was super friendly and the interview was not hard at all. The next day they called me for references which is the last part of the hiring process. It took about a month and then they finally called me for my offer.

Interview Questions

• Name something you regret?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They walked me through all the benefits as well as salary and bonuses. And asked if I accepted the offer. Which I did.