Capital Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Capital Group in December 2010.

Interview Details – Very thorough un-rushed process. Down to earth questions. Very professional. I got the impression they take recruiting and candidate skill seriously, not looking for specific personality. Early risers - I started at 8A. Plan on being there the whole day.

Interview Question – Not a difficult question, but they went through every past job in detail   View Answer

Accountant Interview

Accountant

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview Details – I first had a talk with the recruiter and then I went in for an in office interview. I had three separate interviews. A lot of behavioral questions were asked, but were easy to answer. Some of the questions asked seemed repetitive and just worded differently. What I did not like about this interview was that more time was spent asking me all the questions and there was little time for me to ask my own questions or even get a sense of the company. The people I interviewed with were so up tight and very hard to talk to.

Interview Question – All the questions were the general behavioral questions that you will typically see on any website that has a list of behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I did get the job, but I declined because I didn't get a good vibe from the people I interviewed with. Also, seems like this job is very demanding on a day to day basis.

Client Reporting Interview

Client Reporting
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Capital Group in May 2014.

Interview Details – The interview and hiring process with Capital Group was the most professional I have ever experienced. I applied online and initially did not hear back for 5 weeks. However, once contacted by a recruiter, the process was relatively quick. I first had a phone interview followed by an on-site 1 on 1 interview two days later. The next week, I had a panel interview on-site. The questions in all interviews were behavioral and situational, so I would recommend having MANY scenarios prepared, as questions were shot off one after another. From there, I waited 2 weeks to receive a formal offer. I have nothing but good things to say about dealing with Capital's recruiter and HR contact. I highly appreciated that they respected my time in constantly keeping me up-to-date during the entire process. Very professional and organized environment from the start!

Interview Question – Just the quantity of behavioral/situational questions posed.   Answer Question

Global Securities Associate Interview

Global Securities Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview Details – The interview process was long and took a few months over several rounds. If one person doesn't like you, you are out (so I have since heard). It began with a phone interview, then a skills test and meeting with HR, then a few 1:1 or group interviews with various people from the team.

Interview Question – I don't remember anything too difficult or out of ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was very tough to negotiate salary or anything, really. They have great benefits, so this is what they use as leverage.

Associate Interview

Associate

Interviewed at Capital Group

Interview Details – Lengthy and extremely stressful. It felt as if the interviewers were not prepared or had already made up their mind on another candidate and this was just part of the process.

Very Difficult Interview

TAP Associate Interview

TAP Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview Details – It was long, three rounds: 1 thirty minute quick history of your life and high school, then three 45 minutes rounds, then 2 full days of interviews in the LA area offices. Great interviewers, nothing technical, all behavioral

Interview Question – What is our biggest risk in hiring you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered, I accepted

Quality Manager Interview

Quality Manager
Irvine, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Capital Group in March 2013.

Interview Details – Extensive set of interviews, both telephone and in person (3 telephone), 3 in person discussions (12 people, each talking for 1 hour). They are looking for technical knowledge, and whether you are a good fit. The recruiter and the HR rep also participated in the discussions. Even had a video conference with another stakeholder. Most people will encounter at least 6 interview discussions of 1 hour each, followed by a 1 week wait period, then another panel of discussions.

Interview Question – Repeated question of "Why would you be a asset to CapGroup ?" Each interviewer asked the question, and then probed the answer for about 15 minutes.

They were not asking the question for a specific answer, but wanted to see how the answer was presented.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – They came in with a take it or leave it offer that could not be refused (good salary over what I was making). The due diligence process to confirm credentials (diplomas, certificates, background check) took about 2 weeks.

Client Service Representative Interview

Client Service Representative
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Capital Group in November 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by phone and a phone interview was conducted. After being notified by email that they were interested in continuing the process, I was scheduled to visit the campus and do an in person interview.

Interview Question – Most difficult would probably be to name specific situations in which I had to step up and take responsibility for a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate because it was paying more than my previous job.

Client Service Representative Interview

Client Service Representative
Indianapolis, IN

I applied online - interviewed at Capital Group in April 2014.

Interview Details – Started with a phone interview that described the position, training, that no time could be taken off the first 12 weeks etc.

I was called back to a second interview where it took around 3 1/2 hours. It started with a tour of the campus where they show and tell you about how wonderful it is to work there and how lucky you will be to be hired. Then you move on to interview with the department and then hr. HR is very cut and dry. They ask some difficult questions and take notes the entire time. They are intense. Then the whole group moved on to listened to mock phone calls.

It was a group of about 8 of us rotating individually to the interviews.

I was not offered a position, they sent me an email at 9:30 pm on a Friday night letting me know I did not get it, no reason why just that I was not selected. This part honestly rubbed me the wrong way about the company with the timing of the decline email.

Interview Question – What do you regret at a job that you wish you did differently.   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews followed by an in-person consisting of three separate interviews with 2 interviewers each. The entire process was fairly quick. Probably not even a month in total. Pretty flexible on start date but not so much on compensation. Their comp package that they offered was pretty solid though so I didn't have much of a problem when they only came up a little bit on their initial offer.

Interview Question – What don't you like about your current/previous job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much wiggle room, they came up a little bit but not much at all.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Capital Group

Worked for Capital Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Capital Group interview questions and advice. All 91 interview reviews posted anonymously by Capital Group employees and interview candidates.