Capital Group Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

3.1

Client Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview

The entire process took exactly 1 month and two days. I applied online via LinkedIn and the next day received a call. Was asked a couple of questions then notified that I would receive another call the next day. The next day I had another interview with another lady who basically asked the same questions and at the end told me that I would have to schedule a webcam interview the following week. After the webcam interview, I received a call a day or so afterwards inviting me to an interview on the campus. There was a small group of us. We listened to an example phone call that Representatives take daily then had individual interviews. Once we were all done, we were taken on a campus tour. The next day, I received a call from a recruiter to complete a reference check and sign an agreement. The reference portion is all online and they ask your references to fill out a survey. After I completed all that was asked of me, I hadn't heard anything for a while, but about 1-2 weeks later I received a call from a recruiter with an offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about overtime? When did you do something that you regretted?   Answer Question

Wholesaler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital Group (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Found open position directly on their career website. I applied online and submitted a resume and a cover letter. I then received a confirmation of my entry. Several weeks later I received a phone call from an HR department screener. She asked some basic questions, verified some information and set an appointment to talk with a senior level HR department manager. The manager called me on the appointed day and time and started a more in-depth interview. This individual had a serious and unpleasant demeanor. Her questions were basic at first and became a bit more confusing as time went on. I had to ask her several times to repeat the scenario and clarify the question. She appeared agitated and was clearly rushing to finish the interview. It lasted about 45 minutes. In the end she complimented me and offered her email address to contact her with any followup questions that may come up. When i attempted to to reach out to her I realized that the email address was 'fake' and emails sent to it went into the great abyss. Very disappointing experience from a senior-level HR professional. It all ended without a single word from them -- and no way for me to contact her. Oh well.

Interview Questions

• What would you do type questions. Past experiences -- How did you handle this type questions.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Capital Group (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Called me first to schedule the phone interview. After you do the phone interview, they will do Skype interview and onsite interview. They seem very busy and interview process is not that organized. The questions are just basic interview questions that can easily think if. It was informal interview compared to other job interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital Group (Carmel, IN).

Interview

Interview process was very organized and professional! Process was explained along the way, and HR staff at Capital Group was friendly and welcoming. A tour of the facility was given during the in person interviews, and benefits were explained during the process.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to complete a project but was unclear about the outcome?   Answer Question

Investment Group Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Capital Group (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Long and detailed. Slow. Started with a call, phone interview. Several weeks later I was invited to a screening interview. The day after that I went in to another office for testing followed by a brief meeting. A week or two later, I had a full day of interviews, some one-on-one and some in a group setting. After that, I had a single interview at another location by an HR person who wanted to expand the number of positions I could be considered for. About two weeks later I received an offer by phone. I hear the process is more streamlined now - but my advice would be "patience".

Interview Questions

• Recall a time when you made a mistake and tell me how you handled it. Give me an example of best communication with a manager. If you are confused about direction, how do you handle it? Name the best part of your former/current position. Name the thing you found most challenging.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capital Group (San Antonio, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Initially I was contacted by a recruiter via email. I applied online through a link that was sent to me. Within two days I was contacted by another recruiter to conduct a phone interview. I was also invited to interview in person and was given a tour of the office/workplace. It was absolutely beautiful. The very next day I was asked to submit four employment references which I did. This was the last process and two weeks later I was contacted by phone with an offer which I absolutely accepted.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions. There is no right or wrong answer. They will simply ask you about past experiences with difficult customers or situations and how you handled them. You would simply answer them with answers that would be specific to the industry in which you worked.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview

The interview process takes roughly two months, it is very thorough as they strive to ensure they hire the right fit. I met several people from the department I was interviewing with as well as 3 people from the Human Resources department. There was a combination of phone calls, in person meetings, and video conferences.

Interview Questions

• What is something you regret doing or not doing in life?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capital Group (Irvine, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. 1-hour phone interview was full of resume and behavioral questions. The next week I had a webcam interview, it was brief. An on-site interview was scheduled after the webcam interview. At the onsite interview they show you and a handful of other people around after a 1-on-1 or possibly 2-on-1 interview. More behavioral during the interview...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time... Have you ever... Why this company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Capital Group (Irvine, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online directly through the site in March. I had my phone interview the last week of April, I was then offered a face to face. My face to face interview was the first week in May the next day I received a call to verify my references. The second week in May I received an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capital Group (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2015.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me about this position. The interview process started with a phone interview, then progressed to a virtual interview and ended with a face to face interview. Every step was explained to me very well and I felt like Capital guided me well through the entire process. All of my questions and concerns were addressed. I am excited to start work with this company.