Capital Group

Updated Dec 7, 2014

3.2

Records Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Capital Group in July 2014.

I had a phone interview with HR, then a face-to-face with the Sr. Mgr. then 3 more interviews including a panel interview. The questions were standard nothing to hard, they told me about the company, the job and basically I told them about my experience. After the last interview it took them almost a month for any type of update, I contacted them but still didn't get a reply until 2 weeks later I received an email that I wasn't chosen.

Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Capital Group.

I first had a talk with the recruiter and then I went in for an in office interview. I had three separate interviews. A lot of behavioral questions were asked, but were easy to answer. Some of the questions asked seemed repetitive and just worded differently. What I did not like about this interview was that more time was spent asking me all the questions and there was little time for me to ask my own questions or even get a sense of the company. The people I interviewed with were so up tight and very hard to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were the general behavioral questions that you will typically see on any website that has a list of behavioral questions.   Answer Question

I did get the job, but I declined because I didn't get a good vibe from the people I interviewed with. Also, seems like this job is very demanding on a day to day basis.

Associate Interview

Lengthy and extremely stressful. It felt as if the interviewers were not prepared or had already made up their mind on another candidate and this was just part of the process.

Global Securities Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Capital Group.

The interview process was long and took a few months over several rounds. If one person doesn't like you, you are out (so I have since heard). It began with a phone interview, then a skills test and meeting with HR, then a few 1:1 or group interviews with various people from the team.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember anything too difficult or out of ordinary.   Answer Question
    It was very tough to negotiate salary or anything, really. They have great benefits, so this is what they use as leverage.

TAP Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Capital Group.

It was long, three rounds: 1 thirty minute quick history of your life and high school, then three 45 minutes rounds, then 2 full days of interviews in the LA area offices. Great interviewers, nothing technical, all behavioral

They offered, I accepted

Senior Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capital Group.

2 phone interviews followed by an in-person consisting of three separate interviews with 2 interviewers each. The entire process was fairly quick. Probably not even a month in total. Pretty flexible on start date but not so much on compensation. Their comp package that they offered was pretty solid though so I didn't have much of a problem when they only came up a little bit on their initial offer.

Interview Questions
    Not much wiggle room, they came up a little bit but not much at all.

Client Reporting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Capital Group in May 2014.

The interview and hiring process with Capital Group was the most professional I have ever experienced. I applied online and initially did not hear back for 5 weeks. However, once contacted by a recruiter, the process was relatively quick. I first had a phone interview followed by an on-site 1 on 1 interview two days later. The next week, I had a panel interview on-site. The questions in all interviews were behavioral and situational, so I would recommend having MANY scenarios prepared, as questions were shot off one after another. From there, I waited 2 weeks to receive a formal offer. I have nothing but good things to say about dealing with Capital's recruiter and HR contact. I highly appreciated that they respected my time in constantly keeping me up-to-date during the entire process. Very professional and organized environment from the start!

Interview Questions
    • Just the quantity of behavioral/situational questions posed.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Capital Group in May 2014.

Started with a phone interview asking brief questions such as why I wanted to work at Capital Group and what kind of salary I was expecting. Relatively short and straight-forward.

Next step was a video chat/Skype interview. This one was more extensive and asked questions about past work experiences as well as gave me a broader overview of the Customer Service job to which I was applying.

Final step was an in-person interview. There were two interviewers; one human resources employee and one customer service team leader. They asked many of the same questions as the video chat interview. After the interview, they gave me a tour of the Capital Group campus.

Interview Questions
    • They ask a lot of questions involving past situations or experience. For example, "Tell us about a time when you had to handle a tough customer and how you handled it."   Answer Question

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capital Group in May 2014.

Applied online 2 phone interviews easy and 1 on campus interview

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Capital Group.

I was contacted by a recruiter from Capital Group who found my resume on Indeed.com. There was an initial phone screen that wasn't much of anything. I then had two phone interviews with HR. General HR questions. The second one was more in depth. Both were about 30 minutes. The following week they flew me out to San Antonio (all expenses paid, flights, hotel, car, pretty good deal) for face to face interviews. I spent about 4 hours in their office. First was a 30 minute tour of the office/Q&A, followed by three interviews that were an hour each. The first was with HR, second two were with managers in my department. Extremely thorough and in-depth process. If you can think of it, they probably asked it.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a scenario in either an academic or professional experience where you were faced with a significant challenge. What was it, how did you plan to overcome it, and what was the result (they asked for a second example after).   Answer Question