Capital Group

Updated Dec 7, 2014

3.2

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital Group.

very strt fwd. behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you exhibited leadership qualities   Answer Question
    offer was good enough/did not negotiate

Client Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Capital Group.

Applied online, received initial phone call 3 days later, verified resume info and basic screening questions, set appointment for phone interview later that afternoon. Phone interview lasted appx 30 minutes. Went over job parameters and asked basic interview (verification of resume and behavioral questions) at conclusion was told if selected for I n person interview would be contacted in next few days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online – interviewed at Capital Group in April 2014.

Started with a phone interview that described the position, training, that no time could be taken off the first 12 weeks etc.

I was called back to a second interview where it took around 3 1/2 hours. It started with a tour of the campus where they show and tell you about how wonderful it is to work there and how lucky you will be to be hired. Then you move on to interview with the department and then hr. HR is very cut and dry. They ask some difficult questions and take notes the entire time. They are intense. Then the whole group moved on to listened to mock phone calls.

It was a group of about 8 of us rotating individually to the interviews.

I was not offered a position, they sent me an email at 9:30 pm on a Friday night letting me know I did not get it, no reason why just that I was not selected. This part honestly rubbed me the wrong way about the company with the timing of the decline email.

Interview Questions
    • What do you regret at a job that you wish you did differently.   Answer Question

Client Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capital Group.

I applied online through indeed and then 2 weeks later I received a phone call to set up a phone interview. The phone interview took 30 minutes, the questions were in regards to your past employment. The phone interview quickly turned into interview questions such as behavioral and customer service questions. Two weeks later I received an email to interview in person. The interview took 3 hours. I interviewed with two managers and did a tour of the building. The interview was very intense.

Interview Questions
    • There are a lot of questions that I was unsure of how they were going to help assess if your right for the position. Such as group, customer service questions.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Capital Group.

Skype interview (General Behavioral)
    Go to Irvine for final round interview consisting of one on one with HR then two panels of two consisting of Managers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time questions up the wazoo. Have tons of experiences in your arsenal.   Answer Question

TAP Associate Interview

interviewed at Capital Group in March 2014.

The interviewer asked a lot of behavioral questions, and no case questions. Overall, it was pretty easy-going. The TAP associate program is a 2 year full-time rotational program, which I was not aware of (I thought it was an internship,) but it seems like a great opportunity for those who are not yet sure of what they would like to do in the future.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions, and they were all pretty straight-forward.   Answer Question

Accounting/Finance Position Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Capital Group in February 2014.

Selected to interview on-campus. 20 minute interview. Half the interview was laid back conversation and the rest was behavioral. The interviewer was taking notes the entire time and asking questions straight off the paper- sometimes the questions, trying to dig deeper into the example situation, did not apply to my answer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time that you took a risk. Why? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Fund Controller Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital Group.

One of my recruiters had a connection with the HR manager. There was an initial HR phone interview, and if they feel you are a good cultural fit, you will be brought back for a second interview. The interview consisted mostly of discussion around my resume and giving examples of working in a group and collaborating with others.

Interview Questions
    • I did not encounter any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Capital Group in January 2014.

You must go through phone interview and a couple of in-person interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Basic scenerio questions and where you see yourself in the company.   Answer Question

TAP Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Capital Group.

Initial interview: 2 phone interviews (1h each) with the managers of the program. mostly behavioral questions. Then second round of interviews in New York with 5 to 6 people. if you make it to third round, you spend two days in each of the offices (LA, and Irvine, CA) where you meet with 5 people each time. I liked meeting with the people there. They seem genuinely interested in you as an individual and how you can contribute to the company.

Interview Questions
    • If you were given a budget to do a movie, which kind would you do and why   View Answer
    Salary is non negotiable.