Capital Group

91 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fund Controller Interview

Fund Controller

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview Details – One of my recruiters had a connection with the HR manager. There was an initial HR phone interview, and if they feel you are a good cultural fit, you will be brought back for a second interview. The interview consisted mostly of discussion around my resume and giving examples of working in a group and collaborating with others.

Interview Question – I did not encounter any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Capital Group in November 2013.

Interview Details – Had 3 rounds of interviews: on-campus, in NY, and in LA. The on-campus interview was 2:1, but some students had 1:1 interviews. After that was a round in NY with various senior associates. Many of the interviewers seemed to just try to scare interviewees for the sake of it, and it turned me off from the program in general. The final round was 2 days in California, meeting almost 20 people. These interviews were rather difficult for me because these interviews took place in the midst of other personal hardships that were going on at home (with less than a week's notice to prepare to travel from school to California), as well as a slew of uncomfortable interviews. As a woman, I was asked some rather probing questions by some of the interviewers that made me uncomfortable and turned me off from wanting to work with those people. However, I did get to spend lunch with current TAP Associates that were lovely people.

Interview Question – There weren't really difficult questions, but out-of-the-blue ones that were meant to "throw you off." I was asked what my opinions on homeland security were, which was kind of off-putting.   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview Details – Initial interview: 2 phone interviews (1h each) with the managers of the program. mostly behavioral questions. Then second round of interviews in New York with 5 to 6 people. if you make it to third round, you spend two days in each of the offices (LA, and Irvine, CA) where you meet with 5 people each time. I liked meeting with the people there. They seem genuinely interested in you as an individual and how you can contribute to the company.

Interview Question – If you were given a budget to do a movie, which kind would you do and why   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary is non negotiable.

TAP Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview Details – I passed campus interview and NYC second round interviews. I was then invited for the TAP final round interview in LA.
On campus, the interview was 30 minutes long. It consisted of general and situational interview questions -- and that was same with all TAP interview rounds. They trully want to know you as person and if you'll fit in Capital group. In NYC I interviewd with four people, each interview ranging from 45 min -- 60 minutes. I enjoyed meeting the interviewers -- they seemed like great bosses. In LA had about 13 interviews, enjoyed meeting them. Questions were all about me

Interview Question – in 15 seconds, write 10 words that describe/market you for this position   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Marketing Director Interview

Marketing Director

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Capital Group in March 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was extremely long and drawn out. First step was an essay write-up to the retained recruiter. Next step was a belligerent (on purpose to see if you fluster - just an act) stress interview with the retained recruiter. Following that was an meeting/interview with the retained recruiter (in person). After this was a phone screen with the hiring manager, followed by an on site interview course including several people, including the hiring manager and a lunch with two interviewers. People seemed friendly enough, although they repeatedly emphasized consensus among teams/people as being the most important attribute (here is where I probably lost the job - emphasizing taking initiative, leadership, hitting P&L's etc) so if you go interview there you probably want to position yourself as a "team" person rather than an "A player".

Interview Question – None really, it's best I didn't get an offer, the place is a bit sleepy/slow so if you're used to more business focused fast moving companies you probably would get bored there (they literally are sitting on a ton of assets, easy schedules, and way above market pay & benefits - all great things of course - but have no impetus to move fast - compare brand awareness of Capital compared to a Fidelity or Schwab.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

Interviewed at Capital Group

Interview Details – applied online. interview with HR, manager and on site

Interview Question – 4 hrs interview was not fun. HR was very unorganized. They messed up my schedule.   Answer Question

Wholesaler Interview

Wholesaler
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview Details – They will typically fly you out and cover all your expenses for your trip but only for the days you arrive and interview. They have a very lengthy process where they try to have you meet with several managers and put you thru at least 4 rounds of interviewing. As thorough of a process as it gets. Make sure you are 100% accurate in all your disclosures and everything on your application because they will go thru it with a fine tooth-comb and if there are inaccuracies, its grounds for termination.

Interview Question – What keeps you up at night?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I actually didn't decline, they pulled the offer because I didn't properly disclose something that I wasn't aware was on my u4

Interviewed at Capital Group

Interview Details – Did a first round information interview with a recruiter for The TAP Program. We talked about the TAP program and the structure as well as my background and experiences. The interview was mostly behavioral questions. Make sure to know about Capital and the TAP program and be able to say why you would be a good fit.

Interview Question – What is a misconception your friends have about you? What other companies are you applying for positions with?   Answer Question

Shareholder Account Representative Interview

Shareholder Account Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview Details – I went through 2 in person interview, 1 with HR, and another with a Team Manager. However, some of my colleagues had 3 interviews, which included a phone interview.

Interview Question – The questions are pretty relevant to the job description.   Answer Question

Client Services Representative Interview

Client Services Representative
Norfolk, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capital Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process took two weeks and I was interviewed at the Norfolk office in Oct 2013. The whole process started with telephone interviews from different people and the face to face interview took like 3.5 hrs. Interviewed with HR representative, dept head and supervisor. I also did campus tour and listened to a sample phone call. They make you feel you are being considered or a good fit.

Interview Question – No question was too difficult, they were all behavioral and situational questions.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Capital Group