Capital Group

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

Interviewed at Capital Group

Interview Details – applied online. interview with HR, manager and on site

Interview Question – 4 hrs interview was not fun. HR was very unorganized. They messed up my schedule.   Answer Question

Wholesaler Interview

Wholesaler
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview Details – They will typically fly you out and cover all your expenses for your trip but only for the days you arrive and interview. They have a very lengthy process where they try to have you meet with several managers and put you thru at least 4 rounds of interviewing. As thorough of a process as it gets. Make sure you are 100% accurate in all your disclosures and everything on your application because they will go thru it with a fine tooth-comb and if there are inaccuracies, its grounds for termination.

Interview Question – What keeps you up at night?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I actually didn't decline, they pulled the offer because I didn't properly disclose something that I wasn't aware was on my u4

TAP Associate Interview

TAP Associate

Interviewed at Capital Group

Interview Details – Did a first round information interview with a recruiter for The TAP Program. We talked about the TAP program and the structure as well as my background and experiences. The interview was mostly behavioral questions. Make sure to know about Capital and the TAP program and be able to say why you would be a good fit.

Interview Question – What is a misconception your friends have about you? What other companies are you applying for positions with?   Answer Question

Shareholder Account Representative Interview

Shareholder Account Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview Details – I went through 2 in person interview, 1 with HR, and another with a Team Manager. However, some of my colleagues had 3 interviews, which included a phone interview.

Interview Question – The questions are pretty relevant to the job description.   Answer Question

Client Services Representative Interview

Client Services Representative
Norfolk, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capital Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process took two weeks and I was interviewed at the Norfolk office in Oct 2013. The whole process started with telephone interviews from different people and the face to face interview took like 3.5 hrs. Interviewed with HR representative, dept head and supervisor. I also did campus tour and listened to a sample phone call. They make you feel you are being considered or a good fit.

Interview Question – No question was too difficult, they were all behavioral and situational questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Norfolk, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capital Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, received a call from recruiter, telling me about the company and asking me about customer service, why I wanted the position. The next day was the actual phone interview. Questions were a bit awkward, I felt the interviewer was judgmental and not relaxed at all. Some of the questions were like, "Describe something you would not enjoy doing at work and vice versa"

Interview Question – Describe a something you would least enjoy working here.   Answer Question

Enterprise Applications Architect Interview

Enterprise Applications Architect
Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Capital Group in August 2013.

Interview Details – The Hiring process involved a pre-interview phone call with HR. This was followed up with a 4 hour interview process 3 weeks later. The interviews involved meetings with management, HR, team members, and it seemed just curious parties.

The hiring process seems very professional on the surface, however, they have a serious communications issue. They advertised for an Enterprise Application Developer, they interviewed for an Enterprise Applications Architect, and complained to my recruiter that wanted a mobile web developer. They decided I was not a mobile developer, but they didn't really ask any questions about mobile development.

The told me they move very slow, but they also communicate very poorly, and do not know what they want. it was a waste of 4 hours of my day (at their campus).

Interview Question – If we hire you, how will you fix our client web site? (Really? what web site? What's wrong with it? should I have known of it's existence?)   View Answer

Shareholder Account Representative Interview

Shareholder Account Representative
Carmel, IN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview Details – I was pre-screened on the phone by HR and recommended for an interview. The in person interview process was rigorous. One interview by HR and one by the department manager. There was also an opportunity to listen to sample calls and a tour of the campus. Everyone was polite. When I left, I literally had no feeling for how I had done and whether I might get called back. They do not seem to want you to have previous financial services experience (maybe that gets in the way of their training process?)

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had limited information and an uncertain outcome. How did you determine what to do?   Answer Question

Client Services Representative Interview

Client Services Representative
Norfolk, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Capital Group in August 2013.

Interview Details – Long interview process. First starts with several emails from different people. They let you know your are being considered, then phone interview. Invite for face to face interview and campus tour. First interview with HR person, then with a Dept Head and maybe supervisor.

Interview Question – They do not really ask about your resumes. They just ask the same behavioral type questions over and over.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview Details – It starts with a quick phone interview. Then you go down to their office and meet with a couple of managers. Easy going people, not as strict as you would get elsewhere in the industry. Regular interview questions. you should focus on getting or talking about the CFA since managers over there are all CFAs.

Interview Question – They make you take a 2 hour test. Need to understand the terminology of real estate investing. Otherwise, pretty easy, lots of reading.   Answer Question