Capital Group

78 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Accountant Interview

Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Capital Group in November 2012.

Interview Details – First round happened on campus. I Received a phone call within 1 week offering a 2nd round fly-out interview. The 2nd round consisted of 4 x 1hr interviews, lunch, and a tour of the facility. All behavioral questions, nothing technical at all. I received an offer 2 weeks later, but declined.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I did not want to be an accountant.

Technology Support Associate Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Capital Group in December 2011.

Interview Details – Phone conversation with HR. Then scheduled an interview. Had Interview with 2 managers, HR Hiring staff, then Senior manager. 4 hours of interview.

Mostly behavioral questions, critical thinking questions, and typical job interview questions.

Interview Question – a critical thinking question not related to my job was asked. simply explained i didn't know the answer but this is how i would solve the problem and moved on.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with the fund accounting manager. She mostly asked me about behavioral questions. There was no technical question. I am still waiting for response.

Interview Question – Tell me about the time you had to make your own decision?   Answer Question

User Experience Consultant Interview

San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Capital Group in July 2012.

Interview Details – It was a contract position, so the interview questions were pretty generic and the process was painless. I've been told that the interview process for full time employment is altogether very different.

Interview Questions

• What benefits do you bring to the project?   View Answer
  • Your resume looks pretty broad and you've moved around a lot. Can you tell us why?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non. All handled by the contracting firm.

IT Staff Interview

San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Capital Group in April 2008.

Interview Details – 11 interviews. various people from managers and sr managers to IT customers to peers. Some in person, by phone and by telepresence. Lengthy process. Not sure of benefit for that many but learned it was the accepted practice to try to ensure good cultural fit with the company.

Interview Question – A very technical question that was asked by a peer/custmer. It was almost completely unrelayed to the position and my background. I honestly pointed that out (tactfully) and we moved on.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Some neg. On base pay. They lean on the bonus system and include it like base even though they also say there is no guarantee. They say they have always provided some sort of bonus and they have. Benefits package is good/ fair. Compares well with competitors in my opinion and experience.

Client Service Representative Interview

Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Capital Group in April 2008.

Interview Details – Long process. Three interviews: One on campus, second and third at the company office.

Interview Question – Nothing tricky, all behavior questions.   Answer Question

Mutual Fund Accountant Interview

Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capital Group in August 2012.

Interview Details – Initial Phone Screening, Phone Interview with hiring manager

Interview Question – The interview was very relaxed and conversational so there wasn't too many difficult questions. He mostly asked about projects/assignments from college that I had on my resume.   Answer Question

Shareholder Service Representative Interview

Carmel, IN

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capital Group in January 2008.

Interview Details – Phone interview about an hour. 1 on 1 interview about 1 hr 1/2. Typing test, math test, background check, finger prints and photos.

Interview Questions

• If you seen another associate or heard of another associate being negative about another associate..what would you do?   View Answer
  • Do you think if you had a problem or a question, would you work it out yourself or ask peers?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered more than I was making at my current job by $1000.00 so I took the job.

Irvine, Ca Interview

Irvine, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Capital Group in November 2010.

Interview Details – I had 2 telephonic interviews - First one was pretty basic about business alaysis processes methodologies etc. 2nd one was more technical interms of wht i had done in the past and how did i do it.
face to face was very aggressive- they almost asked me evrything a business analyst knows or should know. i had three people interviewing me non stop for one hour and shooting questions from my resume and generally; bouncing from topic to topic. they asked me to use the whiteboard as well. all the diagrams and stuff.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – well its a nice place with great benefits and amazing location (orange county).

Accounting Intern Interview

Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Capital Group in January 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed on campus first. Contacted a week or two later for final round interviews in Irvine 2 months later. Consisted of 4 hour long interviews, tour of campus, and lunch. Good experience and good company.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you disagreed with a co-worker   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Capital Group