Capital Group Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2015
Updated Mar 18, 2015

3.2

Business Analyst Interview

applied online. interview with HR, manager and on site

Interview Questions
    • 4 hrs interview was not fun. HR was very unorganized. They messed up my schedule.   Answer Question

Wholesaler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Capital Group.

They will typically fly you out and cover all your expenses for your trip but only for the days you arrive and interview. They have a very lengthy process where they try to have you meet with several managers and put you thru at least 4 rounds of interviewing. As thorough of a process as it gets. Make sure you are 100% accurate in all your disclosures and everything on your application because they will go thru it with a fine tooth-comb and if there are inaccuracies, its grounds for termination.

Interview Questions

I actually didn't decline, they pulled the offer because I didn't properly disclose something that I wasn't aware was on my u4

TAP Associate Interview

Did a first round information interview with a recruiter for The TAP Program. We talked about the TAP program and the structure as well as my background and experiences. The interview was mostly behavioral questions. Make sure to know about Capital and the TAP program and be able to say why you would be a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • What is a misconception your friends have about you? What other companies are you applying for positions with?   Answer Question

Shareholder Account Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capital Group.

I went through 2 in person interview, 1 with HR, and another with a Team Manager. However, some of my colleagues had 3 interviews, which included a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are pretty relevant to the job description.   Answer Question

TAP Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Capital Group in November 2013.

Had 3 rounds of interviews: on-campus, in NY, and in LA. The on-campus interview was 2:1, but some students had 1:1 interviews. After that was a round in NY with various senior associates. Many of the interviewers seemed to just try to scare interviewees for the sake of it, and it turned me off from the program in general. The final round was 2 days in California, meeting almost 20 people. These interviews were rather difficult for me because these interviews took place in the midst of other personal hardships that were going on at home (with less than a week's notice to prepare to travel from school to California), as well as a slew of uncomfortable interviews. As a woman, I was asked some rather probing questions by some of the interviewers that made me uncomfortable and turned me off from wanting to work with those people. However, I did get to spend lunch with current TAP Associates that were lovely people.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really difficult questions, but out-of-the-blue ones that were meant to "throw you off." I was asked what my opinions on homeland security were, which was kind of off-putting.   Answer Question

Client Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital Group in October 2013.

The hiring process took two weeks and I was interviewed at the Norfolk office in Oct 2013. The whole process started with telephone interviews from different people and the face to face interview took like 3.5 hrs. Interviewed with HR representative, dept head and supervisor. I also did campus tour and listened to a sample phone call. They make you feel you are being considered or a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • No question was too difficult, they were all behavioral and situational questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital Group in October 2013.

Applied online, received a call from recruiter, telling me about the company and asking me about customer service, why I wanted the position. The next day was the actual phone interview. Questions were a bit awkward, I felt the interviewer was judgmental and not relaxed at all. Some of the questions were like, "Describe something you would not enjoy doing at work and vice versa"

Interview Questions
    • Describe a something you would least enjoy working here.   Answer Question

Shareholder Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capital Group.

I was pre-screened on the phone by HR and recommended for an interview. The in person interview process was rigorous. One interview by HR and one by the department manager. There was also an opportunity to listen to sample calls and a tour of the campus. Everyone was polite. When I left, I literally had no feeling for how I had done and whether I might get called back. They do not seem to want you to have previous financial services experience (maybe that gets in the way of their training process?)

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had limited information and an uncertain outcome. How did you determine what to do?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Capital Group.

It starts with a quick phone interview. Then you go down to their office and meet with a couple of managers. Easy going people, not as strict as you would get elsewhere in the industry. Regular interview questions. you should focus on getting or talking about the CFA since managers over there are all CFAs.

Interview Questions
    • They make you take a 2 hour test. Need to understand the terminology of real estate investing. Otherwise, pretty easy, lots of reading.   Answer Question

Compliance Associate Interview

Interviewed with Jeanine Bashore (no longer with them anymore). Applied online and was contacted via email about phone interview. She dived right into my resume and just asked me to go through my experience. Asked a couple of situational questions after that. Recruiter was very difficult to get a hold of and it was very difficult to gage my application. She said she would let me know in a few weeks but never ended telling me. It was only then when I had to call in and ask them. Process was ridiculous and slow.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at the Capital Group Companies?   Answer Question