Capital Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Capital Group in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. Was contacted a few weeks later for a phone screening with a HR recruiter. We spoke for 30 minutes or so. The recruiter asked that I walk him through my resume and he followed up with a few behavioral questions. The recruiter seemed to like my background but mentioned that the company favored individuals with a Investment Banking background versus Corporate Finance background which I have. Additionally salary history was an issue. I would suggest to others not to reveal it if you are significantly higher or lower than the ranges that are displayed on this site. As always, market value for the role should be the basis for pay...

IT Vendor Manager Interview

IT Vendor Manager
Irvine, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Capital Group in March 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume on a Sunday night to an external (contract) recruiter who contacted me the very next morning. I met with the external recruiter and we all seemed to be on the same page. My resume was submitted to Cap Group and the external and internal recruiter discussed it. I was asked to provide supplemental information about my experience managing vendors and contracts - which I did. I was scheduled for an interview 2 days later.

I interviewed onsite with 2 people. One of them was to be my direct manager, though both would be off-loading their over-flow work to me. The interview was scheduled for 2 hours. Approx. 1 hour and 15 minutes into it, the 2 interviewers left the room to go get their Director to come meet me. I met with him for another 15 minutes as he had a conflict and had to go. Both other interviewers also had to leave for other meetings.

Initial feedback was that I was the top candidate and I waited for a week after my interview for them to interview others (I was the first) only to be told that they have not hired anyone yet, but they also did not want to go forward with my submission at that time. I found out later that while they wanted someone with IT experience/background to do Administrative work (vendor/contract management work between IT, Legal and external vendors) - they wanted someone with server/network hands-on experience and my background is Desktop Vendor mgmt. It would have been nice to know that up-front and I find it unlikely that someone who have hands on server or network engineer experience will want to take a contract administrative role (bu it may happen!).

Interview Question – How do you handle telling a requestor NO in regards to their wanting to purchase a specific set of software, or version of software and what do you do when they say "I want it anyway."   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capital Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – Posted the job on erecruiting, then came on campus to interview

Interview Question – tell me a time when you made an negotiation with others   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Accountant
Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Capital Group in November 2012.

Interview Details – First round happened on campus. I Received a phone call within 1 week offering a 2nd round fly-out interview. The 2nd round consisted of 4 x 1hr interviews, lunch, and a tour of the facility. All behavioral questions, nothing technical at all. I received an offer 2 weeks later, but declined.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I did not want to be an accountant.

Technology Support Associate Interview

Technology Support Associate
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Capital Group in December 2011.

Interview Details – Phone conversation with HR. Then scheduled an interview. Had Interview with 2 managers, HR Hiring staff, then Senior manager. 4 hours of interview.

Mostly behavioral questions, critical thinking questions, and typical job interview questions.

Interview Question – a critical thinking question not related to my job was asked. simply explained i didn't know the answer but this is how i would solve the problem and moved on.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Accountant
Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with the fund accounting manager. She mostly asked me about behavioral questions. There was no technical question. I am still waiting for response.

Interview Question – Tell me about the time you had to make your own decision?   Answer Question

User Experience Consultant Interview

User Experience Consultant
San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Capital Group in July 2012.

Interview Details – It was a contract position, so the interview questions were pretty generic and the process was painless. I've been told that the interview process for full time employment is altogether very different.

Interview Questions

• What benefits do you bring to the project?   View Answer
  • Your resume looks pretty broad and you've moved around a lot. Can you tell us why?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non. All handled by the contracting firm.

IT Staff Interview

IT Staff
San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Capital Group in April 2008.

Interview Details – 11 interviews. various people from managers and sr managers to IT customers to peers. Some in person, by phone and by telepresence. Lengthy process. Not sure of benefit for that many but learned it was the accepted practice to try to ensure good cultural fit with the company.

Interview Question – A very technical question that was asked by a peer/custmer. It was almost completely unrelayed to the position and my background. I honestly pointed that out (tactfully) and we moved on.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Some neg. On base pay. They lean on the bonus system and include it like base even though they also say there is no guarantee. They say they have always provided some sort of bonus and they have. Benefits package is good/ fair. Compares well with competitors in my opinion and experience.

Client Service Representative Interview

Client Service Representative
Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Capital Group in April 2008.

Interview Details – Long process. Three interviews: One on campus, second and third at the company office.

Interview Question – Nothing tricky, all behavior questions.   Answer Question

Mutual Fund Accountant Interview

Mutual Fund Accountant
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capital Group in August 2012.

Interview Details – Initial Phone Screening, Phone Interview with hiring manager

Interview Question – The interview was very relaxed and conversational so there wasn't too many difficult questions. He mostly asked about projects/assignments from college that I had on my resume.   Answer Question