Capital Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Quality Manager Interview

Quality Manager
Irvine, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Capital Group in March 2013.

Interview Details – Extensive set of interviews, both telephone and in person (3 telephone), 3 in person discussions (12 people, each talking for 1 hour). They are looking for technical knowledge, and whether you are a good fit. The recruiter and the HR rep also participated in the discussions. Even had a video conference with another stakeholder. Most people will encounter at least 6 interview discussions of 1 hour each, followed by a 1 week wait period, then another panel of discussions.

Interview Question – Repeated question of "Why would you be a asset to CapGroup ?" Each interviewer asked the question, and then probed the answer for about 15 minutes.

They were not asking the question for a specific answer, but wanted to see how the answer was presented.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – They came in with a take it or leave it offer that could not be refused (good salary over what I was making). The due diligence process to confirm credentials (diplomas, certificates, background check) took about 2 weeks.

Client Service Representative Interview

Client Service Representative
Irvine, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Capital Group in January 2014.

Interview Details – You must go through phone interview and a couple of in-person interviews.

Interview Question – Basic scenerio questions and where you see yourself in the company.   Answer Question

Wholesaler Interview

Wholesaler
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview Details – They will typically fly you out and cover all your expenses for your trip but only for the days you arrive and interview. They have a very lengthy process where they try to have you meet with several managers and put you thru at least 4 rounds of interviewing. As thorough of a process as it gets. Make sure you are 100% accurate in all your disclosures and everything on your application because they will go thru it with a fine tooth-comb and if there are inaccuracies, its grounds for termination.

Interview Question – What keeps you up at night?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I actually didn't decline, they pulled the offer because I didn't properly disclose something that I wasn't aware was on my u4

Enterprise Applications Architect Interview

Enterprise Applications Architect
Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Capital Group in August 2013.

Interview Details – The Hiring process involved a pre-interview phone call with HR. This was followed up with a 4 hour interview process 3 weeks later. The interviews involved meetings with management, HR, team members, and it seemed just curious parties.

The hiring process seems very professional on the surface, however, they have a serious communications issue. They advertised for an Enterprise Application Developer, they interviewed for an Enterprise Applications Architect, and complained to my recruiter that wanted a mobile web developer. They decided I was not a mobile developer, but they didn't really ask any questions about mobile development.

The told me they move very slow, but they also communicate very poorly, and do not know what they want. it was a waste of 4 hours of my day (at their campus).

Interview Question – If we hire you, how will you fix our client web site? (Really? what web site? What's wrong with it? should I have known of it's existence?)   View Answer

Programmer Analyst Interview

Programmer Analyst
Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Capital Group in February 2009.

Interview Details – Very long interview process with lots of interviewers. Not too difficult they really focus on culture. Expect an 8 hour one day interview.

Interview Question – Design patterns, use cases, coding.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Capital Group in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. Was contacted a few weeks later for a phone screening with a HR recruiter. We spoke for 30 minutes or so. The recruiter asked that I walk him through my resume and he followed up with a few behavioral questions. The recruiter seemed to like my background but mentioned that the company favored individuals with a Investment Banking background versus Corporate Finance background which I have. Additionally salary history was an issue. I would suggest to others not to reveal it if you are significantly higher or lower than the ranges that are displayed on this site. As always, market value for the role should be the basis for pay...

IT Vendor Manager Interview

IT Vendor Manager
Irvine, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Capital Group in March 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume on a Sunday night to an external (contract) recruiter who contacted me the very next morning. I met with the external recruiter and we all seemed to be on the same page. My resume was submitted to Cap Group and the external and internal recruiter discussed it. I was asked to provide supplemental information about my experience managing vendors and contracts - which I did. I was scheduled for an interview 2 days later.

I interviewed onsite with 2 people. One of them was to be my direct manager, though both would be off-loading their over-flow work to me. The interview was scheduled for 2 hours. Approx. 1 hour and 15 minutes into it, the 2 interviewers left the room to go get their Director to come meet me. I met with him for another 15 minutes as he had a conflict and had to go. Both other interviewers also had to leave for other meetings.

Initial feedback was that I was the top candidate and I waited for a week after my interview for them to interview others (I was the first) only to be told that they have not hired anyone yet, but they also did not want to go forward with my submission at that time. I found out later that while they wanted someone with IT experience/background to do Administrative work (vendor/contract management work between IT, Legal and external vendors) - they wanted someone with server/network hands-on experience and my background is Desktop Vendor mgmt. It would have been nice to know that up-front and I find it unlikely that someone who have hands on server or network engineer experience will want to take a contract administrative role (bu it may happen!).

Interview Question – How do you handle telling a requestor NO in regards to their wanting to purchase a specific set of software, or version of software and what do you do when they say "I want it anyway."   View Answer

Accountant Interview

Accountant
Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Capital Group in November 2012.

Interview Details – First round happened on campus. I Received a phone call within 1 week offering a 2nd round fly-out interview. The 2nd round consisted of 4 x 1hr interviews, lunch, and a tour of the facility. All behavioral questions, nothing technical at all. I received an offer 2 weeks later, but declined.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I did not want to be an accountant.

Client Service Representative Interview

Client Service Representative
Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Capital Group in April 2008.

Interview Details – Long process. Three interviews: One on campus, second and third at the company office.

Interview Question – Nothing tricky, all behavior questions.   Answer Question

Mutual Fund Accountant Interview

Mutual Fund Accountant
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capital Group in August 2012.

Interview Details – Initial Phone Screening, Phone Interview with hiring manager

Interview Question – The interview was very relaxed and conversational so there wasn't too many difficult questions. He mostly asked about projects/assignments from college that I had on my resume.   Answer Question

Worked for Capital Group? Contribute to the Community!