Capital Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Irvine, CA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Capital Group in July 2008.

Interview Details – I found my experience to be different than most. Most people I found had very long drawn out interviews that seemed to take forever. I'm not sure of the value of such interviews, but I found many of the people at CG to be outstanding. That being said, after a few phone interviews, I had one all day interview and was offered the position.

Interview Question – Coming from a very hierarchical environment, how will you fit into our organization?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Capital Group in January 2007.

Interview Details – Had more than a dozen interviews. CIO apparently had more than 50 interviews when hired. Very interested in determining whether you are a good fit for their unique culture: heavy emphasis on collaborative work environment. Asked for many details on online application including high school GPA. Not that the GPA mattered. They waited a week or so an then went back and verified to make sure I was truthful. Very concerned that you have the utmost integrity if you are to be hired.

Interview Question – Tell me why you think you will be successful in an environment like ours (highly collaborative/input driven) when the environment you are coming from is so different (highly aggressive/independent/autonomous)...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – scrutinized my W-2's, stock options, etc. from former employer. Very adamant about verifying past salary history.

Worked for Capital Group? Contribute to the Community!