Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Capital Group
- Client Service Representative (8)
- TAP Associate (8)
- Client Services Representative (6)
- Intern (6)
- Associate (5)
- Shareholder Account Representative (4)
- Customer Service (4)
- Programmer Analyst (3)
- Financial Analyst (3)
- Accountant (3)
- Accounting Intern (3)
- Senior Accountant (2)
- Accounting/Finance Intern (2)
- Administrative Assistant (2)
- Senior Manager (2)
- Analyst (2)
- Mutual Fund Accountant (2)
- Business Systems Analyst (2)
- Business Analyst (1)
- Business Intelligence Analyst (1)
- Team Manager (1)
- Enterprise Applications Architect (1)
- Senior Financial Analyst Planning (1)
- User Experience Consultant (1)
- QA Analyst (1)
- Client Reporting (1)
- Marketing Director (1)
- Technology Support Associate (1)
- Records Associate (1)
- Portfolio Analysis Associate (1)
Shareholder Account Representative Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Capital Group.
I went through 2 in person interview, 1 with HR, and another with a Team Manager. However, some of my colleagues had 3 interviews, which included a phone interview.
- The questions are pretty relevant to the job description. Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Capital Group
Shareholder Account Representative InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Capital Group (Carmel, IN).
I was pre-screened on the phone by HR and recommended for an interview. The in person interview process was rigorous. One interview by HR and one by the department manager. There was also an opportunity to listen to sample calls and a tour of the campus. Everyone was polite. When I left, I literally had no feeling for how I had done and whether I might get called back. They do not seem to want you to have previous financial services experience (maybe that gets in the way of their training process?)
- Describe a situation where you had limited information and an uncertain outcome. How did you determine what to do? Answer Question
Shareholder Account Representative InterviewAccepted OfferAccepted Offer
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Capital Group.
Contacted via phone first and have a phone interview, then if it goes well they will ask you to come in for an interview, you will also need to provide transcripts if you have a college degree (don't lie about your GPA they will look at your transcripts)
- How do you go about solving a problem? 1 Answer
Shareholder Account Representative InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Capital Group in August 2008.
Interviewers are very friendly and professional. They are honest about the work and what the company has to offer. I had 3 interviews and an extensive list of items I had to provide. They are a great company to work for. You better do your research and has great customer service skills in order to be considered for the positions available. I had to complete 3 typing tests, a math test, an english/language skills test, a background check, a credit check and two phone interviews, also had to provide past copies of pay stubs from previous employers and school transcripts. They called all of my references.
- The usual "Give me an example when you went against company policy and why." Answer Question
THere is no negotiation.