Capital Insurance Group

Updated Sep 7, 2014

4.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Capital Insurance Group

Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Capital Insurance Group.

Note that each claims department is different. This was an interview for the main claims office and NOT the field adjuster positions or the office in Reno. First, I sent my resume through Career Builder and was quickly called for a brief phone interview. I then came in and filled out the application and met with a manager very briefly. I was sent a 5 minute personality type test. I was then called back for a formal interview. The interview was with three managers. They asked what I knew about CIG and then went through my detailed background. I was then asked a lot of "Tell us about a time..." They were looking for very specific examples. One time I drifted from the specific examples and was redirected. They also explained their benefits program and specifics about the position. A day later, I received an email with a longer skills test. A few weeks later, I was offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • They did ask some specific claims related questions like what are the 4 parts to liability?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Consider the full benefits package as it is very very good.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterey, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterey, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Capital Insurance Group in January 2010.

Great process - interviewed with all senior management and executives.
    Good, thoughtful questions and welcoming environment.
    They gave me time to see the area and investigate cost-of-living/housing availability.
    I did a lot of research on the company prior to the interview and this paid off. The $100 I spent for their AM Bests Rating Report was well worth it.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where I failed and discuss why and how I dealt with it.   Answer Question
    The first offer was fair. I only made one specific request in counter and they met it.