Capital One

Relevance Date Difficulty

Accounting Specialist Interview

Accounting Specialist
Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Capital One in July 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed recently for an accounting position in Richmond, Va. I have never seen anything like the process that they put you through, but if I had checked the web site I would have gotten a heads up. The initial recru ting process was pretty straight forward, and the phone interview was standard as well. The problems began with the in person portion. It is pretty obvious they like to perform a good cop/bad cop routine. My first visitor was the BI interview and I think I did pretty well, but the person had no personality so that was disconcerting. The reading of the script was a little much as well. Next up was a potential manager (good cop) who was actually personable and went through some good questions and answered some as well. Next was this idiotic case study, I guess if I had had a heads up I would have checked the web as the actual problem is out there but I did not have the luxury. Needless to say I bombed that as the person stared at me and made me uncomfortable the whole time. Thank goodness lunch with another good cop was next. That part went well too. Then the last BI where a final bad cop with no personality asks the exact same questions as the first BI. That is six hours of my life that I will never get back.

I was already on the fence about moving to Richmond, but I think this sealed the deal against it even if I am offered the job.

Interview Question – The case study. Be sure to find the answer on line and work it out before going in.   Answer Question

Worked for Capital One? Contribute to the Community!