Capital One

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

McLean, VA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capital One in February 2012.

Interview Details – Capital One did a case workshop for first round interviewees at my university. First round interview was a one on one case that focused much more heavily on running through figures, though there was one twist that required qualitative analysis within the case. Those who were selected from first round batch were put through an online personality test and math/reading SAT-like test.

Second round interviewees were contacted a couple weeks later. The recruiter was very involved in working with second round applicants and called each one up individually. Second round interviews involved a behavioral interview and two case interviews. Similar format for the case interviews--heavily quantitative, but also with one or more qualitative understandings in order to complete the case.

Did not receive offer, but very good process overall.

Interview Question – Find the breakeven point given a list of costs and revenues (or components thereof). Find it again if xyz variables change.   Answer Question

Richmond, VA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Capital One in February 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online, was send a personality/intelligence test. The test definitely required you to think, but was quite doable. After that, I was offered a case interview, I interviewed, and then was declined. I messed up on some basic math due to my nerves during the interview, which is probably what made me not move on to next round interviews which would have consisted of 2 case interviews and a behavioral.

Interview Question – Asked about a promotion and whether or not it would be profitable to implement the promotion   Answer Question

Richmond, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at Capital One in March 2010.

Interview Details – Interview began with an overview of Capital Once and then more on the position of a credit analyst. After talking to the interviewer and asking some questions I was then presented with a case study. The case involved a hypothetical ice cream manufacturer. I was given information about supply and demand and also a dicount the manufacturer offered. I was told to find out the elasticity of demand and then had to perform break even analysis and other economic theories. The interview was difficult and they never even got back to me. It took me emailing them to find out I didnt get a job.

Interview Questions

Intern Analyst Interview

Atlanta, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at Capital One in February 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and got an immediate response then I was told to take 2 test. Oner personality test and another numerical and verbal analysis. The verbal was fairly simple, however, the numerical was a little more difficult. After completing both test I was given an interview date on my college campus. The interview was a case study, I would just say be sure to go to their website, it will definitely help in their numerical questions. I heard back from them, now I am going to Virginia next week for the final round of interviews.

Interview Question – Name 3 adjectives that describe you.   Answer Question

Analyst Intern Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Capital One in February 2009.

Interview Details – It was a case interview in my campus for the analyst intern positon. It took me about 30 minutes. What I had to do is to go through a business case with the interviewer. The interviewer asked me questions including some math problems. I needed to do those math and show my solutions to him with my approaches and explanation. The math is not very hard and the interviewer is nice.

Intern Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Capital One in March 2011.

Interview Details – The recruiter sent many emails to students at my school. The first round was a short case (20 min) on campus. Next, they asked for a easy, basic math and verbal skills online test. Finally, I had a final round in Richmond at their headquarters. You get 2 case interviews and 1 behavioral. Each interview is 45 minutes long. You have plenty of time to ask questions. Get them to like you. If they think you're good, you'll get a fourth interview that day.

Interview Question – The case questions are fairly straightforward computation questions. Make sure you write down your work clearly so that you can guide the interviewer through your process.   Answer Question

Analyst Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Capital One in February 2011.

Interview Details – I received an email from Capital One saying that they had seen my resume and thought I should apply.

I applied through my university's center and the Capital One website, and received an invitation to interview on campus after a few weeks.

They were interviewing tons of people from all kinds of backgrounds, judging by the people I spoke to in the waiting area. The interview consisted of a case question that was simple enough, followed by a question or two about yourself.

A few weeks later I got an email saying that they were not moving forward with me. I know a couple of people that were invited to their super day.

Interview Question – Case Question:

Franchise is considering adopting a $5 foot long (Subway) deal. Do it?

You ask for costs associated and figure out whether it would be profitable.
  Answer Question

Analyst Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capital One in February 2011.

Interview Details – The first round on campus consisted of a case interview. It included conceptual questions and math (such as break even). I was then invited to Richmond for the final round. There was a reception at the hotel the night before. Interviews the next day started at 8:30am and consisted of a fit, behavioral, and another case interview (its possible that you may be asked to go through another case interview if they are undecided about you). There were about 10-12 candidates there that day and we all went to lunch with people in the full-time Financial Rotational Program after the interviews before a car took us back to the airport / train station. I received a call two days later with an offer and was given two weeks to respond.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had an opinion or idea that someone disagreed with, how were you able to persuade them or change their mind.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Capital One

Worked for Capital One? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Capital One Analyst Intern interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Capital One employees and interview candidates.