Capital One

Updated Nov 21, 2014

3.4

42 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

On campus interviewed one business question which needs basic math knowledge, On site interview: 3 technical interviews and one behavioral, 3 technical questions were similar to the first interview but a little more complicated, some of them needed to plot the curves to find break even points

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

On-site problem solving.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capital One in December 2011.

comprehensive

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Capital One in October 2011.

Pre-interview dinner, then on-campus interview, followed by a superday that consisted of 4 interviewers, 3 behavioral 1 case that was accounting based. The behavioral was typical and everyone was very nice. I was not expecting to have accounting for the case study since my background is in Econ, but what can you do.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capital One in October 2010.

The interviewers came to my university. They asked technical questions: define mulicollinearity and how do you correct for it...
    They also asked business analysis questions.
    I am now in the process of completing the online examinations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capital One in October 2010.

This was a very long and drawn out interview process. The case interviews were one-on-one with an interviewer who was unfriendly and arrogant. They interviewed no less than 75 people for one position at the university level, and then you have to spend an entire day doing more case interviews once they bring you to the location. It seems like a very inefficient way of finding potential hires.

Interview Questions
    • You and your team are responsible for evaluating opportunities to market non-credit card products to our credit card customers. This usually involves products from outside vendors that we can sell to our customers at a premium.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One in September 2010.

Took online assessments. Once I had passed, I had 2 phone interviews. Once those were ok, i was called to an onsite interview which was very hard. i had behaviorial interviews and 2 case studies which were very hard. if you have trouble with the case studies you will not get picked.

Interview Questions
    • give an example of a team building experience you had?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capital One in July 2010.

A very typical process. Just ask you what you've done before and asked few behavior questions,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Capital One in June 2010.

You have to take a math, verbal, and personality test online and if they like your scores and resume they will tell you to come in for an on site interview. At the onsite interview you retake the math section of the online test to make sure it was you who actually took it. Then you have 2 case studies and 1 behavioral interview. The people were very friendly and personable and the campus was gorgeous. It had a very college like feel to it. The case studies are pretty tough. Be sure to know rate of change and response rate for it. The behavioral interview is pretty standard. The interviewer pretty much just gives you 3 situations and you describe experiences that match up to the situation.

Interview Questions
    • Capital one wants to get into the contact business. It is the mid 90's, how many people in the US wear contact lenses?   View Answer
    • Capital one wants to begin issuing a credit card in conjunction with your college. What are some of the benefits for this partnerships.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Capital One in May 2010.

I applied online through my school's online job board. Got an e-mail inviting me to take a series of online test. There was a math and a verbal section. The math one has you do calculations using data from various charts. The verbal is similar to the SAT. Then I got a call about setting up the in person interview. I had to fly down to Virginia to the Capital One campus. I had one behavioral interview and 2 cases. The behavioral is your typical "tell me about a time" interview. The cases were essentially a long word problem that you do with someone feeding you the information. Go over your algebra and calculus before the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you used logic to solve a problem   Answer Question