Capital One

Average Difficulty
39 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Capital One in January 2010.

Interview Details – Need to pass test then go through case interviews.

Interview Question – Business case on utility companies given via teleconference.   View Answer

Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Capital One in May 2010.

Interview Details – Simple and straightforward process

Interview Question – None that I can remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple and straightforward, they will definitely try and low-ball you

Interviewed at Capital One

Interview Details – On-site problem solving.

Interview Question – Tell me about reserve rates.   View Answer

McLean, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Capital One in May 2008.

Interview Details – online math and logic test --> phone interview by HR --> online behavior screening --> onsite interview.

Onsite interview has 2 sessions: case interview and behavior interview.

Interview Question – Be sure to be very quick at the 1st online match and logic test. There are too many questions. Don't linger on any question for too long.   Answer Question

Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Capital One in December 2011.

Interview Details – comprehensive

Interview Question – case study   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Capital One in October 2011.

Interview Details – Pre-interview dinner, then on-campus interview, followed by a superday that consisted of 4 interviewers, 3 behavioral 1 case that was accounting based. The behavioral was typical and everyone was very nice. I was not expecting to have accounting for the case study since my background is in Econ, but what can you do.

Interview Question – Line items in a income statement   Answer Question

Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Capital One in January 2009.

Interview Details – Step 1: Computer test on problem solving abilities
Step 2: Phone interview on typical resume questions and career goals
Step 3: On-site interview which contains two case interviews and two behavior interviews

Interview Question – Use an example to illustrate your ability to influence others   Answer Question

Richmond, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Capital One in October 2010.

Interview Details – The interviewers came to my university. They asked technical questions: define mulicollinearity and how do you correct for it...
They also asked business analysis questions.
I am now in the process of completing the online examinations.

Interview Question – What is p-value and how is it used?   View Answer

Richmond, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Capital One in October 2010.

Interview Details – This was a very long and drawn out interview process. The case interviews were one-on-one with an interviewer who was unfriendly and arrogant. They interviewed no less than 75 people for one position at the university level, and then you have to spend an entire day doing more case interviews once they bring you to the location. It seems like a very inefficient way of finding potential hires.

Interview Question – You and your team are responsible for evaluating opportunities to market non-credit card products to our credit card customers. This usually involves products from outside vendors that we can sell to our customers at a premium.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Richmond, VA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capital One in September 2010.

Interview Details – Took online assessments. Once I had passed, I had 2 phone interviews. Once those were ok, i was called to an onsite interview which was very hard. i had behaviorial interviews and 2 case studies which were very hard. if you have trouble with the case studies you will not get picked.

Interview Question – give an example of a team building experience you had?   Answer Question

Worked for Capital One? Contribute to the Community!