Capital One

3.4

42 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One in April 2010.

Start out taking a few online assesments both verbal and mathematical. They fly you in and put you up in a hotel the night before the interview which consisted of another math test, 2 case interviews, and one behavioral interview. The night before I went to a reception where we had the opportunity to talk to some present analysts about the job. The first case was a credit card comparison case on profits with different credit limits. The interviewer I had for the first case was pretty cold and when I did get the right answer, he challenged my math and made me second guess myself even though in the end he said I was right. I killed the behavioral interview. The second case which was more extensive and difficult but the interviewer was more clear on the case and I answered it very quickly with no problems. Pretty much if you can kill the cases, thats all that really matters. If you don't ace both of them though, its doubtful you will get hired. Seems like an awesome job if you do get the offer though.

Interview Questions
  • Profit maximizing problem given three different credit card offers with different response rates, interest rates, default rates, product lifetimes, and average carrying balances.   Answer Question
  • Describe a situation in which you were able to use persuation to successfully convince someone to see things your way?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One in September 2010.

Took online assessments. Once I had passed, I had 2 phone interviews. Once those were ok, i was called to an onsite interview which was very hard. i had behaviorial interviews and 2 case studies which were very hard. if you have trouble with the case studies you will not get picked.

Interview Questions
    • give an example of a team building experience you had?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capital One in October 2011.

The hiring process for Capital One is extremely selective and takes almost the entire day. In my case, the process lasted over 9 hours. This includes an IQ test, several case studies and an interview to gauge the candidates behavior. While the process was tiring, the interviewers were extremely polite and helpful which to a large extent helped me through it.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One in October 2010.

There were two interviews and a dinner. The first interview consisted of a one on one and a business case (2 current analysts evaluated). Then came a dinner with employees of the firm. The next day was the second interview with the same format as the first except that there was also an aptitude test as well.

Interview Questions
    • For the business case, the first question was, "what would you do first?"   View Answer

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Capital One.

Campus Hiring Process. First Round of Written Test has 30 questions to be done in 30 minutes. Questions were Data Interpretation questions and evaluate your understanding,speed and mathematical accuracy. It was followed by a general case interview asking to determine profitability of volvo buses(data was provided on asking) and to identify break even points. Then there were 2 case interviews based on credit card industry. one was purely mathematical and another required understanding. After this there was a HR Interview Round.

No negotiation.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capital One.

It was campus recruitment.

Written Round(1 hour) : Section 1 - 40 q's all on data interpretation mcq's mainly to check speed and accuracy. Section 2 - 10 q's on aptitude mainly. most were subjective and puzzles.

Interview:
    ROUND 1 : Small case study. For most people it ran for only 10-15min. Mine went for 40 min and had 2 case studies. They were not very difficult. They will give most data, some u might need to ask. You need to back every answer with calculations.

ROUND 2 : It was aptitude round involving puzzles. As I was CS student I was asked to code each puzzle. All puzzles were logical and needed some thinking.

ROUND 3 : Behavioral questions(though for most this was round 4). What problems u faced in past and how did u tackle them

ROUND 4 : Case Study. This time they only gave the problem(without data) and I had to analyze it inside out. Some data was given as I asked.

After 10-15 mins I was handed over the offer letter

3 rounds of case studies and a hr round

I took Samsung's offer

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Capital One in January 2010.

Need to pass test then go through case interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Business case on utility companies given via teleconference.   View Answer

Analyst Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Capital One in February 2009.

I went about five minutes early to chat with the interviewer and he seemed relaxed. The case was about call center improvement when they had two kinds of customer service agents (regular and advanced). He pointed out simple math errors I made but when I really got stuck conceptually, he didn't really help much. The total interview took about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • How do you improve a call center with two different types of customer service agents?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capital One in October 2010.

This was a very long and drawn out interview process. The case interviews were one-on-one with an interviewer who was unfriendly and arrogant. They interviewed no less than 75 people for one position at the university level, and then you have to spend an entire day doing more case interviews once they bring you to the location. It seems like a very inefficient way of finding potential hires.

Interview Questions
    • You and your team are responsible for evaluating opportunities to market non-credit card products to our credit card customers. This usually involves products from outside vendors that we can sell to our customers at a premium.   Answer Question