Capital One

Updated Oct 13, 2014

3.5

42 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Capital One.

Technical test : 35 min 30 questions : DI questions basically, mostly graph based,easy but time limit have to be very fast
Case interview : simple break even analysis : focus on details and calculation
Final behavioral interview : some basic HR questions

Interview Questions
  • nothing difficult, it was vey good interview, interviewer was very good.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Capital One in September 2014.

1. Technical test (30 questions in 35 minutes) : Graphs were provided and all the questions were based on the graphs using basic concepts of economics like Profit, interest, shares, dividends, inflation etc.

2. 3 Case Interviews: Each of half an hour. The first one was relatively simple. Second was the most rigorous one. The video posted on official Capital One Youtube channel regarding how to prepare for Case Interviews will help a lot. Questions were pretty general. At first we needed to identify the proper factors affecting the case in question. Then some quantitative and a few qualitative analysis questions followed.

Interview Questions
    • The Technical Test required lot of speed. I could attempt 27/30 and that was very much on the higher side. 20 was above average. So speed helps. For those with little lesser marks, Resume was used to shortlist.

Non Technical Questions: I was asked why i wanted to join Capital One. Thats it!
        View Answer
    Internship: No negotations

Analyst Interview

On campus interviewed one business question which needs basic math knowledge, On site interview: 3 technical interviews and one behavioral, 3 technical questions were similar to the first interview but a little more complicated, some of them needed to plot the curves to find break even points

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Capital One in January 2010.

Need to pass test then go through case interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Business case on utility companies given via teleconference.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One in May 2010.

Simple and straightforward process

Interview Questions
    Simple and straightforward, they will definitely try and low-ball you

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capital One.

3 rounds of case studies and a hr round

I took Samsung's offer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kānpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kānpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Capital One in November 2013.

From the university, after 45mins test, Case interview with a simple case. Easy Math and very basic common sense

Interview Questions
    • Technical reason why petrol car needs less service than diesel model??   View Answer

Analyst Interview

It was campus recruitment.

Written Round(1 hour) : Section 1 - 40 q's all on data interpretation mcq's mainly to check speed and accuracy. Section 2 - 10 q's on aptitude mainly. most were subjective and puzzles.

Interview:
    ROUND 1 : Small case study. For most people it ran for only 10-15min. Mine went for 40 min and had 2 case studies. They were not very difficult. They will give most data, some u might need to ask. You need to back every answer with calculations.

ROUND 2 : It was aptitude round involving puzzles. As I was CS student I was asked to code each puzzle. All puzzles were logical and needed some thinking.

ROUND 3 : Behavioral questions(though for most this was round 4). What problems u faced in past and how did u tackle them

ROUND 4 : Case Study. This time they only gave the problem(without data) and I had to analyze it inside out. Some data was given as I asked.

After 10-15 mins I was handed over the offer letter

On-site problem solving.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Capital One.

Campus Hiring Process. First Round of Written Test has 30 questions to be done in 30 minutes. Questions were Data Interpretation questions and evaluate your understanding,speed and mathematical accuracy. It was followed by a general case interview asking to determine profitability of volvo buses(data was provided on asking) and to identify break even points. Then there were 2 case interviews based on credit card industry. one was purely mathematical and another required understanding. After this there was a HR Interview Round.

No negotiation.