Capital One

Updated Oct 21, 2014

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Capital One in October 2014.

I start from campus interview. We are first required to set up personal profile from their website as well as our campus career website. After the prescreen is passed, we were contacted by email with confirmation of interview time and additional interview materials, which are basically the questions we can find from their website.
    During the interview, two ladies are there. One asked questions, the other seemed to be a recorder or an observer. She first framed the business background, which is a satellite radio company in 2002, who wanted to start the business as a subscription base to the users. I was asked what's the point to make it profitable, do some simple calculations on whether it is profitable, and if the lifetime subscription could be profitable over it.

Interview Questions
    • Is the lifetime promotion could be profitable over the conventional subscription?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capital One.

Case interview. First time doing it. The recruiter waited for me to finish. But he eventually helped me solve the problem.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capital One in October 2012.

On campus interview which was a case interview

Interview Questions
    • The followup questions after you answer the initial case question. The initial question is easy and are supposed to get after a few calculations.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One in July 2011.

You will apply and talk to recruiters that are either new to the company or are a contractor from outside. They are very slow to respond. If you apply to a position and it gets filled, your application will not carry over to the new available requisition. You should apply again. The interview process is relatively easy if you have management experience. Don't think the person interviewing you has a lot of interviewing experience though. They read a lot of questions from a script.

Interview Questions
    • They want to know about your behaviors. Learn a coaching model   View Answer
    They try to lowball you. Never give them a salary range up front. Ask for the best offer. Then always negotiate for 5k more. I received 2500 which is what I expected.