Capital One

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Manager
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Capital One in July 2011.

Interview Details – You will apply and talk to recruiters that are either new to the company or are a contractor from outside. They are very slow to respond. If you apply to a position and it gets filled, your application will not carry over to the new available requisition. You should apply again. The interview process is relatively easy if you have management experience. Don't think the person interviewing you has a lot of interviewing experience though. They read a lot of questions from a script.

Interview Question – They want to know about your behaviors. Learn a coaching model   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They try to lowball you. Never give them a salary range up front. Ask for the best offer. Then always negotiate for 5k more. I received 2500 which is what I expected.

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst
Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Capital One.

Interview Details – Case interview. First time doing it. The recruiter waited for me to finish. But he eventually helped me solve the problem.

Interview Question – Case interview with numbers.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Capital One in October 2012.

Interview Details – On campus interview which was a case interview

Interview Question – The followup questions after you answer the initial case question. The initial question is easy and are supposed to get after a few calculations.   Answer Question

Worked for Capital One? Contribute to the Community!