Capital One Interview Questions in Austin, TX

Updated Mar 28, 2015

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capital One (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

It went smooth, as could be. They asked few questions based on statistics etc and case study. The phone call screening was scheduled just a day before, so not much time but thats ok. Prepared from glassdor and it was helpful. Glassdoor has good collection of questions which proved to be very helpful.

Interview Questions

• mean and standard deviation   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a case interview. Not very hard. I had positive because I learned a lot. After interview they did not made me wait too long after 1 week they told their decision. They were very professional. I was not expecting such a good experience.

Interview Questions

• It was a case about how to increase profit and what factors we need to consider prior to opening a business. There were some calculation problems. It was ok.   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Capital One (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I start from campus interview. We are first required to set up personal profile from their website as well as our campus career website. After the prescreen is passed, we were contacted by email with confirmation of interview time and additional interview materials, which are basically the questions we can find from their website.
    During the interview, two ladies are there. One asked questions, the other seemed to be a recorder or an observer. She first framed the business background, which is a satellite radio company in 2002, who wanted to start the business as a subscription base to the users. I was asked what's the point to make it profitable, do some simple calculations on whether it is profitable, and if the lifetime subscription could be profitable over it.

Interview Questions

• Is the lifetime promotion could be profitable over the conventional subscription?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capital One (Austin, TX).

Interview

Case interview. First time doing it. The recruiter waited for me to finish. But he eventually helped me solve the problem.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capital One (Austin, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

On campus interview which was a case interview

Interview Questions

• The followup questions after you answer the initial case question. The initial question is easy and are supposed to get after a few calculations.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One (Austin, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

You will apply and talk to recruiters that are either new to the company or are a contractor from outside. They are very slow to respond. If you apply to a position and it gets filled, your application will not carry over to the new available requisition. You should apply again. The interview process is relatively easy if you have management experience. Don't think the person interviewing you has a lot of interviewing experience though. They read a lot of questions from a script.

Interview Questions

• They want to know about your behaviors. Learn a coaching model   1 Answer

Negotiation

They try to lowball you. Never give them a salary range up front. Ask for the best offer. Then always negotiate for 5k more. I received 2500 which is what I expected.